UK Pro-Day and Big Blue Madness

RoyalWildcat

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course I watched it all and taped it too. :lol2: We have VIP tickets for Big Blue Madness and also going to the Blue/White game. We have season tickets too. Think this team could really be something special.

I think they'll be special in some aspects and drive us crazy in others.

Of course I watched it all and taped it too. :lol2: We have VIP tickets for Big Blue Madness and also going to the Blue/White game. We have season tickets too. Think this team could really be something special.

@Randy Parker Maybe Goldie will cook us dinner and take us to a game?

Talked to an NBA scout who was there and his takeaway was "They aren't nearly as talented as they have been since Cal got there"...

That jives pretty well with the thought that quite a few of them will be back next season.

I think they'll be really good defensively, but struggle to put the ball in the hoop consistently.

What are your issues with it?

It just isn't structured well. Green is a pass first PG that is very limited as a scorer and SGA is bigger and longer but has similar issues. Washington, Gabriel, Vanderbilt and Knox are all best suited playing the 4, and see their impact drop considerably moving to the 3. Perimeter shooting and spacing is going to be a major problem with this group all season. The talent level is pretty solid, but it looks more like pieces of several different puzzles being placed on the same table. Their length and athleticism could be a game changer on the defensive end as they get going, but offensively this looks like a team that will have some serious issues throughout the season...

Based on? I don't see this roster as well constructed at all...

I love teams that are capable of playing great defense. This team could be outstanding defensively. Long, athletic, deep and most importantly, Versatile. Throw In the fact that these guys seem hungry and you have a great foundation.

Offensively it will take time for this group, however I believe the combination of Green and Gilgeous-Alexander will be very good at the point. Knox, Washington and Gabriel look ready to me.

What don't you like about this group?

I love teams that are capable of playing great defense. This team could be outstanding defensively. Long, athletic, deep and most importantly, Versatile. Throw In the fact that these guys seem hungry and you have a great foundation.

Offensively it will take time for this group, however I believe the combination of Green and Gilgeous-Alexander will be very good at the point. Knox, Washington and Gabriel look ready to me.

What don't you like about this group?

I see long and athletic. I don't see much versatility. I'm a big PJ Washington guy, but he has a similar skill set to 4 other guys on the roster. They can't all play the same spot at the same time. Spacing and movement is going to be a problem. This team is going to make UK fans really frustrated in the half court...

I see long and athletic. I don't see much versatility. I'm a big PJ Washington guy, but he has a similar skill set to 4 other guys on the roster. They can't all play the same spot at the same time. Spacing and movement is going to be a problem. This team is going to make UK fans really frustrated in the half court...

Nearly all D1 coaches would give anything for the lack of versatility that Cal will suffer through this season.

Nearly all D1 coaches would give anything for the lack of versatility that Cal will suffer through this season.

If you aren't interested in what I have to say, don't bother to ask. I've scouted every kid on this team for the last 2 plus years. I see flaws in the construction of the roster, and I'm simply expressing it...