October 3, 20179 yr Nope. And the cam that would have confirmed it wasn't activated. I'm not saying the officer intentionally so because he knew where he'd end up. That would be a ridiculous assumption. It can't be an option to not activate it though, in my opinion. Weren't there other officers around with theirs activated? If not turning them on isnt isn't an option Then you will need to figure out a way for the cams turn on automatically. Otherwise not activating them is going to happen.
October 3, 20179 yr Nope. And the cam that would have confirmed it wasn't activated. I'm not saying the officer intentionally so because he knew where he'd end up. That would be a ridiculous assumption. It can't be an option to not activate it though, in my opinion. So we should give Bennett a pass in a highly emotionally situation on how he reacted, ducking behind machines, running from the cops but not the cop, who probably got info over the radio of an active shooter, and didn’t think, here let me turn on my body cam??
October 3, 20179 yr Weren't there other officers around with theirs activated? If not turning them on isnt isn't an option Then you will need to figure out a way for the cams turn on automatically. Otherwise not activating them is going to happen. I know if I don't follow protocol at my job, my job is in jeopardy, and I understand I don't face life or death stress levels at my job.
October 3, 20179 yr I know if I don't follow protocol at my job, my job is in jeopardy, and I understand I don't face life or death stress levels at my job. So the 3 officers, 2 Hispanics and an African American , racially profiled Bennett?
October 3, 20179 yr So the 3 officers, 2 Hispanics and an African American , racially profiled Bennett? No. The person who reported the "gunfire" profiled a black male. Bennett fit the profile. The fact that I have to tell you that the race of the officers has no bearing on anything tells me all I need to know about your level of understanding.
October 3, 20179 yr So we should give Bennett a pass in a highly emotionally situation on how he reacted, ducking behind machines, running from the cops but not the cop, who probably got info over the radio of an active shooter, and didn’t think, here let me turn on my body cam?? In this situation, I don't understand why the camera isn't turned on upon arrival at the scene.
October 3, 20179 yr No. The person who reported the "gunfire" profiled a black male. Bennett fit the profile. The fact that I have to tell you that the race of the officers has no bearing on anything tells me all I need to know about your level of understanding. How many other black males did they walk by to see Bennett run and ask him to stop? The fact that I have to tell you that suspicious behavior caused him to be detained tells me all I need to know about your level of understanding. :thumb:
October 3, 20179 yr In this situation, I don't understand why the camera isn't turned on upon arrival at the scene. I’ve been to casinos and police are already around maybe they didn’t “arrive”, it is Vegas after the Mayweather/McGregor fight. Just me but active shooter might cause me to forget to turn on a camera versus grab my weapon
October 3, 20179 yr How many other black males did they walk by to see Bennett run and ask him to stop? The fact that I have to tell you that suspicious behavior caused him to be detained tells me all I need to know about your level of understanding. :thumb: I ALREADY SAID THAT HIS BEHAVIOR IS WHY HE WAS DETAINED!
October 3, 20179 yr I’ve been to casinos and police are already around maybe they didn’t “arrive”, it is Vegas after the Mayweather/McGregor fight. Just me but active shooter might cause me to forget to turn on a camera versus grab my weapon If I know that I'm going to be questioned about how I used my weapon, the camera will be on.
October 3, 20179 yr One thing about cameras, most have a on switch that just gets depressed once to turn it on. Most officers in a stressful situation will just slap.it to turn it on. Without stopping to look they can only assume it came on, there ate many situations where officers thought the camera was on, only to find out later that it wasn't. I know one local department has the camera mounted on thier chest all in one unit. Another local department has the camera mounted on the collar at close to eye level and the switch is on a unit on thier duty belt. Neither is perfect but both situations you could easily think you turned it on when it actually didn't come on. Cameras are a great tool, but unless you have a credit from COPS or Live PD following you around they will always miss as much as they capture in frame.
October 3, 20179 yr Las Vegas PD offered Bennett and his attorney all 190 unedited videos of the incident that they had taken or collected. Not surprisingly, they never got a response.
October 3, 20179 yr If I know that I'm going to be questioned about how I used my weapon, the camera will be on.Going to be totally honest here Snottie, I'm really not sure what you want to see or hear. IMO you have a unrealistic opinion of how high pressure dangerous situations like this should go down. Do you think the officers that ran to music festival this weekend during the during the shooting all turned on their body cams? Do you think that was even that high on their list of things to do? Your a cop responding to an active shooter in a casino...where exactly is turning your body cam on fall on the list of things to do? The bad guys with guns aren't going wait for you to make sure you have your body cam on before they resume shooting people.
October 3, 20179 yr Las Vegas PD offered Bennett and his attorney all 190 unedited videos of the incident that they had taken or collected. Not surprisingly, they never got a response. And the problem is the majority will never put in the effort to keep up with the up dates. They will only remember Bennett's original version.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.