Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Racial Inequality?

Featured Replies

He crouched behind a slot machine until police saw him and told him to get down, at which point he did all that and ran past others not doing that.

 

Police should just assume hes from a rough area and let him go?

 

I'd prefer to be crouched behind a slot machine than laying flat on the floor in that situation. Conceding mobility with a gunman on the loose seems extraordinarily senseless.

  • Replies 202
  • Views 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
When a man has given me no reason to believe he's lying, I tend to take him for his word.

 

When a man doesn't activate the camera he is required to activate, I tend to think he is hiding something.

 

But now that all this video has come out, it's been 100% proven fact that Bennett lied his butt off. Why would you believe anything he says at this point?

But now that all this video has come out, it's been 100% proven fact that Bennett lied his butt off. Why would you believe anything he says at this point?

 

What exactly did the video disprove?

What exactly did the video disprove?

 

Pretty much his entire story.

I'd prefer to be crouched behind a slot machine than laying flat on the floor in that situation. Conceding mobility with a gunman on the loose seems extraordinarily senseless.

 

And running from police when they see you and tell you to stop? You got an excuse for that too?

And running from police when they see you and tell you to stop? You got an excuse for that too?

 

Absolutely....

Pretty much his entire story.

 

How do you figure? The only thing I haven't seen is a second officer putting his knee in his back, and we'll probably never hear whether the first officer said he was going to blow his head off.

 

I don't think it confirms anything, but it certainly doesn't disprove anything.

And running from police when they see you and tell you to stop? You got an excuse for that too?

 

The fight or flight response. He was running whether it was the police or his mom telling him to stop.

Not sure if this the right thread or not, but I've been meaning to post this experience with my fellow BGP'ers. Got pulled over a week ago going 54 in a 35 down moock road Southgate/Wilder area. When the officer got to the car I had my window down, Hands on the wheel @ 10 and 2 with my license and Concealed carry permit. Officer introduced himself to me. Gave him my licences and told him I was not carrying at the the time other than an ax in the door of the truck. He told me thanks for letting him know. He commented on how nice of a day it was. I replied "well it was" He laughed and said "it's not over just yet". Went back to the car, ran my plates, came back to the window, gave me my license back and said "please slow it down. Have a great day"!

 

If I had popped off to him, ran my mouth, had open warrants, tired to flee, etc. I'm sure this experience would not have been such a good one.

Treat cops with respect and they will respect you.

 

I travel Moock everyday, you gotta watch the cops they are there everyday during rush hours. Happy to know they let you off with a warning.

The fight or flight response. He was running whether it was the police or his mom telling him to stop.

If it was profiling why did the police walk past the other hundreds of black people while clearing the casino? Why would just single out Bennett? The video I watched showed more black people there than white. How did the police decide Bennett was one they would unleash their racial inequality on?

The fight or flight response. He was running whether it was the police or his mom telling him to stop.

 

Then why was he hiding before? Your excuses are weak. He lied.

How do you figure? The only thing I haven't seen is a second officer putting his knee in his back, and we'll probably never hear whether the first officer said he was going to blow his head off.

 

I don't think it confirms anything, but it certainly doesn't disprove anything.

 

It absolutely disproves the claim that they stopped him because he was a black man.

If it was profiling why did the police walk past the other hundreds of black people while clearing the casino? Why would just single out Bennett? The video I watched showed more black people there than white. How did the police decide Bennett was one they would unleash their racial inequality on?

 

I can't tell if this is sarcasm. I understand someone fleeing the scene raises red flags, and tracking him down is good police work. Maybe because he didn't run the same route as everyone else he was perceived as evading law enforcement? I don't know. I don't have that answer.

 

My question is, how, of the hundred(s?) people running out of the casino, Bennett was supposed to know the officers were talking to him? Did they call him by name? By shirt color? By hair style?

 

It was a hectic situation and I can see both sides. That makes me a sympathizer I guess.

Then why was he hiding before? Your excuses are weak. He lied.

 

Hiding from who?

It absolutely disproves the claim that they stopped him because he was a black man.

 

No, he fit the profile of a black man. Who named a black male as the shooter when no shots were fired? Because there were several black males in the area? Regardless, he was stopped because he was a black man running from suspected gunshots.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.