October 2, 20179 yr Author I can say with certainty that no one is asking the "State" to step in, other than Bernie Sanders because that's his answer to everything, rather that the "State" allow fathers to go home to their children at night. I know, that's a privilege afforded only to law enforcement though.The State stepped in....in 1964. Your comment about only LEO having the privilege of going home to family at night....I am not quite sure what you are trying to say, could you please elaborate further?
October 2, 20179 yr Young black men aren't the only ones shot by police. A slip up could get anyone killed in a dangerous situation with police or with anyone with a gun. One slip up could get a police officer killed. But we're not talking about reaching in a pocket when you shouldn't, or running when you should get down. We're talking about someone who forgot to push a button. He still ran towards what he thought was a deadly situation, and was called a racist for his efforts. Agree with all of this, but not following procedure costs people jobs. I'm not calling for this officer's job. I don't have the hair on my chest to do his job. It's just a shame to me that we don't have the full story because of his mental lapse.
October 2, 20179 yr Would Aaron Rodgers have been held at gunpoint? In that situation, nope. I mean the suspected shooter was described as a black male. Why would Aaron Rodgers have been detained?
October 2, 20179 yr Agree with all of this, but not following procedure costs people jobs. I'm not calling for this officer's job. I don't have the hair on my chest to do his job. It's just a shame to me that we don't have the full story because of his mental lapse. There were enough videos there paint a picture. One that makes Michael Bennett look like a liar.
October 2, 20179 yr He wasn’t held at gunpoint! Come on now. According to an edited video from the sheriff's office. So why upon being told he is free to go he shakes the officers hand? Guessing if Aaron Rogers was held at gunpoint he isn’t shaking hands after He wouldn't be is my point. He is a household name, and therefore probably a terrible comparison, but you can't convince me he would be apprehended or detained in the first place. And the situation probably ends with autographs for the officers.
October 2, 20179 yr According to an edited video from the sheriff's office. He wouldn't be is my point. He is a household name, and therefore probably a terrible comparison, but you can't convince me he would be apprehended or detained in the first place. And the situation probably ends with autographs for the officers. This was a hectic situation. That could have been anyone acting suspicious and police would have given chase. Bennett wasn't really held at gun point. He was taken down after he fled the casino, ran past several other people and jumped a wall into a busy roadway (would you consider that normal behavior, even though no one else did it?)...
October 2, 20179 yr There were enough videos there paint a picture. One that makes Michael Bennett look like a liar. This was a hectic situation. That could have been anyone acting suspicious and police would have given chase. Bennett wasn't really held at gun point. He was taken down after he fled the casino, ran past several other people and jumped a wall into a busy roadway (would you consider that normal behavior, even though no one else did it?)... Exactly....ran from the cops as they were telling him to stop....he was detained for a bit and released. Cops even told him he wasn’t under arrest but had an active shooter and his behavior was suspicious. Released with no ID and sent on his way. Again my point is the news was all over it when it happened. Exclusive interviews a on GMA.....his quotes, thought I was going to die, thought of my kids, yada yada....now that it’s been shown he lied....crickets from everyone
October 2, 20179 yr Not sure if this the right thread or not, but I've been meaning to post this experience with my fellow BGP'ers. Got pulled over a week ago going 54 in a 35 down moock road Southgate/Wilder area. When the officer got to the car I had my window down, Hands on the wheel @ 10 and 2 with my license and Concealed carry permit. Officer introduced himself to me. Gave him my licences and told him I was not carrying at the the time other than an ax in the door of the truck. He told me thanks for letting him know. He commented on how nice of a day it was. I replied "well it was" He laughed and said "it's not over just yet". Went back to the car, ran my plates, came back to the window, gave me my license back and said "please slow it down. Have a great day"! If I had popped off to him, ran my mouth, had open warrants, tired to flee, etc. I'm sure this experience would not have been such a good one. Treat cops with respect and they will respect you.
October 2, 20179 yr The State stepped in....in 1964. Your comment about only LEO having the privilege of going home to family at night....I am not quite sure what you are trying to say, could you please elaborate further? I'm saying that no man, woman, or child could use that defense after killing an officer, or anybody for that matter, outside of a self-defense situation, which seems to be what each case finds, that the officer was just protecting him/herself. Officers need a good reason to pull their weapons, and I believe, in most cases, they do have a good reason. I also believe "fearing for my life" has become the war cry used to justify the killing of many harmless people, and that can't be acceptable.
October 2, 20179 yr There were enough videos there paint a picture. One that makes Michael Bennett look like a liar. And one missing that could prove his story. You like to say you'll wait until you have all the information in these situations, but you're not going to get it in this case. There's just enough missing to be able to side with the officer.
October 2, 20179 yr And one missing that could prove his story. You like to say you'll wait until you have all the information in these situations, but you're not going to get it in this case. There's just enough missing to be able to side with the officer. We know that Bennett didnt give the entire story based on what we have seen. What have we seen to suspect the officer did anything wrong, aside from Bennett's accusations? Hee didnt turn his camera on. That happens, for many reasons. If he gets punished for that, that's fair.
October 2, 20179 yr This was a hectic situation. That could have been anyone acting suspicious and police would have given chase. Bennett wasn't really held at gun point. He was taken down after he fled the casino, ran past several other people and jumped a wall into a busy roadway (would you consider that normal behavior, even though no one else did it?)... Having not grown up in an area where gunfire was assumed to be directed at someone, I probably would not consider that normal. Having grown up listening to rappers telling stories about gunfire, yes, I 100% believe that would be someone's instinct.
October 2, 20179 yr Having not grown up in an area where gunfire was assumed to be directed at someone, I probably would not consider that normal. Having grown up listening to rappers telling stories about gunfire, yes, I 100% believe that would be someone's instinct. He crouched behind a slot machine until police saw him and told him to get down, at which point he did all that and ran past others not doing that. Police should just assume hes from a rough area and let him go?
October 2, 20179 yr We know that Bennett didnt give the entire story based on what we have seen. What have we seen to suspect the officer did anything wrong, aside from Bennett's accusations? Hee didnt turn his camera on. That happens, for many reasons. If he gets punished for that, that's fair. When a man has given me no reason to believe he's lying, I tend to take him for his word. When a man doesn't activate the camera he is required to activate, I tend to think he is hiding something.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.