Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Racial Inequality?

Featured Replies

No, he fit the profile of a black man. Who named a black male as the shooter when no shots were fired? Because there were several black males in the area? Regardless, he was stopped because he was a black man running from suspected gunshots.

 

And the mean ol police (2 hispanic and 1 black officer btw) didnt pick on other black people they ran past for what reason?

  • Replies 202
  • Views 17.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hiding from who?

 

I dont know. He was crouched behind a slot machine until police saw him and told him to get down at which point he ran. No one else acted like he did. They absolutely had to stop him and find out what was going on.

And the mean ol police (2 hispanic and 1 black officer btw) didnt pick on other black people they ran past for what reason?

 

Is this Jeopardy? I answered that in the comment to which you replied.

 

But to appease you, he was a black male running from suspected gunshots, and as I said in reply to Woody, the fact that he took a different route than the others, probably played a part.

Is this Jeopardy? I answered that in the comment to which you replied.

 

But to appease you, he was a black male running from suspected gunshots, and as I said in reply to Woody, the fact that he took a different route than the others, probably played a part.

 

You are making excuses. His behavior was different from EVERYONE ELSE. The police did their job. End of story.

 

No need to go on. You can keep defending him if you want, most reasonable people can see he is a liar.

Is this Jeopardy? I answered that in the comment to which you replied.

 

But to appease you, he was a black male running from suspected gunshots, and as I said in reply to Woody, the fact that he took a different route than the others, probably played a part.

No he wasn't running from gunshots. He wasn't running until the police told him to get down.

You are making excuses. His behavior was different from EVERYONE ELSE. The police did their job. End of story.

 

No need to go on. You can keep defending him if you want, most reasonable people can see he is a liar.

 

I made an excuse for why the officers detained him. That excuse included the fact that his behavior was different from EVERYONE ELSE. In fact, I called it good police work in the aforementioned response to Woody, and I meant that sincerely.

 

I don't have an axe to grind with most LEO. They've treated me with respect for the most part and I have increasingly returned that courtesy based solely on the fact that I want no parts of their job.

 

This, getting back to the OP, is not about me though. I read a statistic last week that said something like 31% of the US population is white and male, while 31ish% of the population is black. Almost 1/3 of the US population will, at some point in their life, not receive the same courtesy I do, and whether or not they do all the right things will matter not. That bothers me.

No he wasn't running from gunshots. He wasn't running until the police told him to get down.

 

And he was down between rows of slot machines, which seems like a pretty safe place to me.

 

I haven't heard audio from the inside of the casino so I'll just assume you're right. But you didn't answer my question. How, in a room with hundreds of people, can we expect that he knew the officers were talking to him?

 

When the police caught up to him outside, he went to the ground, and the body cam video confirms that he wasn't putting up a fight.

And he was down between rows of slot machines, which seems like a pretty safe place to me.

 

I haven't heard audio from the inside of the casino so I'll just assume you're right. But you didn't answer my question. How, in a room with hundreds of people, can we expect that he knew the officers were talking to him?

 

When the police caught up to him outside, he went to the ground, and the body cam video confirms that he wasn't putting up a fight.

No clue, maybe they were close enough that there wouldn't be any doubt. But you would have to ask him.

And he was down between rows of slot machines, which seems like a pretty safe place to me.

 

I haven't heard audio from the inside of the casino so I'll just assume you're right. But you didn't answer my question. How, in a room with hundreds of people, can we expect that he knew the officers were talking to him?

 

When the police caught up to him outside, he went to the ground, and the body cam video confirms that he wasn't putting up a fight.

But let's say he didn't know, and they didn't know he didn't know. It doesn't change the fact they had a person acting strangely. They detained him, cleared him, and he was on his way.

But let's say he didn't know, and they didn't know he didn't know. It doesn't change the fact they had a person acting strangely. They detained him, cleared him, and he was on his way.

 

So the question becomes whether they used excessive force. If the officer said he would blow Bennett's head off, even to evoke cooperation, that's excessive to me. The mafia would have used that line to get info from a rat, except it would be worded more slyly.

 

Given the reputation of LEOs, that can't be acceptable today.

So the question becomes whether they used excessive force. If the officer said he would blow Bennett's head off, even to evoke cooperation, that's excessive to me. The mafia would have used that line to get info from a rat, except it would be worded more slyly.

 

Given the reputation of LEOs, that can't be acceptable today.

Not saying I agree but for arguments sake let's say it isn't acceptable. I haven't watched all body cam video, did any of them confirm that was said?

Not saying I agree but for arguments sake let's say it isn't acceptable. I haven't watched all body cam video, did any of them confirm that was said?

 

Nope. And the cam that would have confirmed it wasn't activated. I'm not saying the officer intentionally so because he knew where he'd end up. That would be a ridiculous assumption. It can't be an option to not activate it though, in my opinion.

No response here?

 

Because the videos didn't reveal anything one way or another. Body cam or in-house.

You read the article?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.