Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Next Coach at Louisville?

Featured Replies

I seem to recall U.K. Firing Cliff Hagan when the 1989 purge occurred

 

Cool.

  • Replies 213
  • Views 28.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is a far greater reaching deal than just UL, dont lose track of that. There are going to many more go down in this fiasco.

 

Now while we dont see eye to eye on some things I would apply to be your head recruiter, but we wont have a budget after the money has to be given back to the NCAA cause of the stripper scandal. I mean would we have money to travel and eat? :)

 

I mean I am a Nike EYBL director so I do have some connections.......with recruits.......and shoe money. :lol:

You people are obsessed with getting rid of Jurich.

 

Jurich is head of the Athletic Department, so essentially he is all of the coaches boss. This is the second time that the basketball program has screwed up in a short period of time. While Pitino is in charge of the program, Jurich has just as much responsibility as Pitino as far as the basketball program goes, yet Jurich stood behind him prior to and after the current probation. Then now this?

 

Look at it this way, I'm pretty sure that you manage some type of business from reading some of your posts in the past, if I'm wrong about that then just play along and look at my line of thinking when it's broken down into business sense. Jurich is the manager of the entire athletics department, Pitino is the manager of the basektball team. As a manager Jurich didn't fire Pitino prior or after the probation that was under his watch, in fact he stood by his side. Then it happens again and while Pitino will likely get fired this time, if you were the business owner wouldn't you fire the department manager that stood beside the employee that should have been fired some time ago, due to their detrimental impact on your business? I would.

I seem to recall U.K. Firing Cliff Hagan when the 1989 purge occurred

 

C.M. Newton also left/was forced out when the Claude Bassett scandal hit football, I believe.

Jurich is head of the Athletic Department, so essentially he is all of the coaches boss. This is the second time that the basketball program has screwed up in a short period of time. While Pitino is in charge of the program, Jurich has just as much responsibility as Pitino as far as the basketball program goes, yet Jurich stood behind him prior to and after the current probation. Then now this?

 

Look at it this way, I'm pretty sure that you manage some type of business from reading some of your posts in the past, if I'm wrong about that then just play along and look at my line of thinking when it's broken down into business sense. Jurich is the manager of the entire athletics department, Pitino is the manager of the basektball team. As a manager Jurich didn't fire Pitino prior or after the probation that was under his watch, in fact he stood by his side. Then it happens again and while Pitino will likely get fired this time, if you were the business owner wouldn't you fire the department manager that stood beside the employee that should have been fired some time ago, due to their detrimental impact on your business? I would.

 

I agree. I see no way Jurich can keep his job.

I don't think UofL gets the death Penalty. I also think it will be tough to hire a top level coach until the penalties are known. If I'm UofL, I fire Pitino and AD to prove to NCAA that this is a FRESH START. Give yourself two years of post season ban and pray that NCAA doesn't add a third year. Get Jim Calhoun as interim Coach this season then go after your real target in the spring hoping that at worst the new coach will then only have one season of post season ban. In basketball a good coach can turn a program around almost immediately, so by new coaches second season they are ready to roll.

 

Are you really sure hiring Jim Calhoun would send the right message to the NCAA? :idunno:

Are you really sure hiring Jim Calhoun would send the right message to the NCAA? :idunno:

 

Just trying to think of a decent coach that's not currently busy.

I’d like to apply for strength and conditioning coach. I just tell them to do the total opposite of me.

 

 

2010080987_display_image.jpg?1306800986

At this late point, would it be advisable to hire an interim coach for 2017-18? Would hurt recruiting, but I would think it'll be hard to get a desired candidate right now.

 

I would think with Pitino gone, they'll be jumping ship quick if permitted.

This just in from ILied Sports........Bobby Knight comes out of retirement to take the job at UofL! Gets a home and home with Indiana University.:wideyed:

Deuce - Head Coach

@HammerTime - Assistant Coach

@Pura Vida - Assistant Coach

@MTGL - Director of Basketball Ops

@gametime - SID

 

Still building my staff.

 

Can I be the mascot?

  • Author

1pm presser...Pitino out

Would UofL consider a D2 or NAIA coach from within the state? Kelly Wells, the coach at Bellarmine, or even another one. It would bring a good vibe to the program if it were to happen.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.