Next Coach at Louisville?

atm10

You're firing a coach in late September, we must assume that Johnson is the assistant coach involved, so that leaves two young assistant coaches with zero experience. Where will they find a coach? Really bad look for another head coach to leave a program this close to the season.

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Deuce - Head Coach

@HammerTime - Assistant Coach

@Pura Vida - Assistant Coach

@MTGL - Director of Basketball Ops

@gametime - SID

Still building my staff.

I don't have enough spare cash to buy players or supply prostitutes, so I would be as good of a choice as anyone.

Seriously though, I feel for ya with the news coming out today @TheDeuce. As big of a UK fan as I am, I love the rivalry and don't hate UL's program(s) one bit. That said, they need to hit the reset button and reboot the program. Anyone with any sense know's this type of stuff goes on at pretty much every major program in the Country and to be honest I never expected an investigation like this to ever happen and it wouldn't have by the NCAA because it's really going to hurt them financially. The FBI on the other hand doesn't care about the NCAA's profit margin though, which is the only reason we're all talking about this today.

That said, rather than sitting here with a smile on my face and gloating, I really feel bad for the UL fans and have no doubt there are a lot of schools that have done the same thing but haven't and may not be caught. There does need to be a major overhaul in the athletics department though.

Just for opinions and discussion sake....John Brannen or does it have to be a splashier hire?

I'm not as "in" on college basketball as some on here are. But outside of Mack, I think Brannen would be a guy near the top of my list. Especially considering the punishments that are inevitably going to come down, Brannen would be a guy willing to work through that. At least IMO.

Just for opinions and discussion sake....John Brannen or does it have to be a splashier hire?

I think the school will have to talk with the NCAA and find out what kind of punishment they may receive from them first and go from there. IMO, the more schools involved the lighter each schools punishment will be because the NCAA is not going to want to lose the tv revenue etc over the next several seasons if they drop the hammer on everyone. Unfortunately UL's situation is a bit different because they are already on probation which is going to make it hard for them to make a splashy hire if the NCAA is going to hit them hard again unless they fork over an insane amount of money. I would just have an intern coach (if they don't fire their whole staff) this season and keep close talks with the NCAA and decide how much money it's worth spending on a coach at the end of the season.