Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Next Coach at Louisville?

Featured Replies

You're firing a coach in late September, we must assume that Johnson is the assistant coach involved, so that leaves two young assistant coaches with zero experience. Where will they find a coach? Really bad look for another head coach to leave a program this close to the season.

  • Replies 213
  • Views 28.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Padgett is a former player and would be thrilled to get a head job so far ahead of schedule and wouldn't mind going through the pounding that they are about to take from the NCAA.

At this late point, would it be advisable to hire an interim coach for 2017-18? Would hurt recruiting, but I would think it'll be hard to get a desired candidate right now.

Honestly it's a great opportunity for somebody hungry enough (and hopefully youthful and exciting) to navigate the turmoil and prove themselves as interim.

Deuce - Head Coach

@HammerTime - Assistant Coach

@Pura Vida - Assistant Coach

@MTGL - Director of Basketball Ops

@gametime - SID

 

Still building my staff.

 

I don't have enough spare cash to buy players or supply prostitutes, so I would be as good of a choice as anyone.

 

Seriously though, I feel for ya with the news coming out today @TheDeuce. As big of a UK fan as I am, I love the rivalry and don't hate UL's program(s) one bit. That said, they need to hit the reset button and reboot the program. Anyone with any sense know's this type of stuff goes on at pretty much every major program in the Country and to be honest I never expected an investigation like this to ever happen and it wouldn't have by the NCAA because it's really going to hurt them financially. The FBI on the other hand doesn't care about the NCAA's profit margin though, which is the only reason we're all talking about this today.

 

That said, rather than sitting here with a smile on my face and gloating, I really feel bad for the UL fans and have no doubt there are a lot of schools that have done the same thing but haven't and may not be caught. There does need to be a major overhaul in the athletics department though.

I’d like to apply for strength and conditioning coach. I just tell them to do the total opposite of me.

  • Author

Just for opinions and discussion sake....John Brannen or does it have to be a splashier hire?

How is Denny's health, could he run the team this season until new coach is found?

How is Denny's health, could he run the team this season until new coach is found?

 

Just had a stroke.

The Not Chris O’Hearn twitter account expressed interest.

Just had a stroke.

 

Didn't know that, I like Denny...hope he recovers quickly.

Just for opinions and discussion sake....John Brannen or does it have to be a splashier hire?

I'm not as "in" on college basketball as some on here are. But outside of Mack, I think Brannen would be a guy near the top of my list. Especially considering the punishments that are inevitably going to come down, Brannen would be a guy willing to work through that. At least IMO.

Just for opinions and discussion sake....John Brannen or does it have to be a splashier hire?

 

I think the school will have to talk with the NCAA and find out what kind of punishment they may receive from them first and go from there. IMO, the more schools involved the lighter each schools punishment will be because the NCAA is not going to want to lose the tv revenue etc over the next several seasons if they drop the hammer on everyone. Unfortunately UL's situation is a bit different because they are already on probation which is going to make it hard for them to make a splashy hire if the NCAA is going to hit them hard again unless they fork over an insane amount of money. I would just have an intern coach (if they don't fire their whole staff) this season and keep close talks with the NCAA and decide how much money it's worth spending on a coach at the end of the season.

In a twist of irony why not Dwayne Casey.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.