Next Coach at Louisville?

atm10

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think UofL gets the death Penalty. I also think it will be tough to hire a top level coach until the penalties are known. If I'm UofL, I fire Pitino and AD to prove to NCAA that this is a FRESH START. Give yourself two years of post season ban and pray that NCAA doesn't add a third year. Get Jim Calhoun as interim Coach this season then go after your real target in the spring hoping that at worst the new coach will then only have one season of post season ban. In basketball a good coach can turn a program around almost immediately, so by new coaches second season they are ready to roll.

Pitino, through his attorney, is quick to try to deflect blame.

I'm a UofL grad, a letterman and alum. I'm embarrassed, I'm sick of the scandal surrounding Pitino and it's time for him to be gone. I said when he was caught with his pants down at Porcini that he needed to be gone, I said when the hooker mess broke he needed to be gone, I'll say it again, he needs to be gone and this time Jurich needs to go with him.

LINK

Pitino's Statement....

"These allegations come as a complete shock to me. If true, I agree with the U.S. Attorneys Office that these third-party schemes, initiated by a few bad actors, operated to commit a fraud on the impacted universities and their basketball programs, including the University of Louisville. Our fans and supporters deserve better and I am committed to taking whatever steps are needed to ensure those responsible are held accountable."