DD What is the Democratic plan to combat terrorism?

All Tell

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Democratic plan is to retreat from Iraq. Of course they'll find Bin Laden no problem. Unless someone finds him and offers to turn him over. In that case they won't return the calls. We then can bring these terrorist groups to the UN and discuss peace with them. Maybe we can give them all of Israel's land and they'll be happy and never terrorize again.

Answer my question, then I'll answer yours.

DD I answered your question in the other thread 3 times. Bush did nothing, he let this country get attacked by a bunch of cowards. Does this answer your question?

Now you tells us. When and under who's watch did Al Queda become a growing threat? According to Bill Clinton they were not a threat in 1993. Was it after Somolia? The African Embassy? The WTC bombings? The attack on the Cole? When was it? Who was president when Bin Laden began formulating his plans for the 9/11 attacks? and what did the president at that time do to stop him? And finally when did the terrorists that flew the plans into the World Trade Centers enter this country and begin taking lessons to learn how to pilot those planes?

I will pose the other set of question again also. Was FDR a good/great president? Was he responsible for Pearl Harbour? And why oh why would our country elect him president after Pearl Harbour?

Please, please pony up and answer these questions.

DD I answered your question in the other thread 3 times. Bush did nothing, he let this country get attacked by a bunch of cowards. Does this answer your question?

Now you tells us. When and under who's watch did Al Queda become a growing threat? According to Bill Clinton they were not a threat in 1993. Was it after Somolia? The African Embassy? The WTC bombings? The attack on the Cole? When was it? Who was president when Bin Laden began formulating his plans for the 9/11 attacks? and what did the president at that time do to stop him? And finally when did the terrorists that flew the plans into the World Trade Centers enter this country and begin taking lessons to learn how to pilot those planes?

I will pose the other set of question again also. Was FDR a good/great president? Was he responsible for Pearl Harbour? And why oh why would our country elect him president after Pearl Harbour?

Please, please pony up and answer these questions.

The problem is that I'm not sure what anyone Dem or Rep can do about Iraq. From the beginning I've said that it was not wise to split our efforts off of Afghanistan to fight in Iraq. We had not settled the Taliban problem totally when another front was begun. I certainly don't blame Bush for 9/11 but I do blame him for Iraq. I know your question was aimed at someone else but I thought I'd chime in.

BTW, It's "Pearl Harbor" (unless we are using Old English spelling) and the reason the country voted FDR back in in 1944 was because the war was clearly being won by then and everyone wanted the old man to see us through that.

Answer my question, then I'll answer yours.

OUR President's response is there on the table for all to see and for those of you with NO PLAN to criticize. Now let's see you put your money where your mouth is so to speak and tell us what the Democrats will do to keep us safe if God forbid they manage to win control of the government.

Color me surprized that you have no answer.

The problem is that I'm not sure what anyone Dem or Rep can do about Iraq. From the beginning I've said that it was not wise to split our efforts off of Afghanistan to fight in Iraq. We had not settled the Taliban problem totally when another front was begun. I certainly don't blame Bush for 9/11 but I do blame him for Iraq. I know your question was aimed at someone else but I thought I'd chime in.

BTW, It's "Pearl Harbor" (unless we are using Old English spelling) and the reason the country voted FDR back in in 1944 was because the war was clearly being won by then and everyone wanted the old man to see us through that.

If I'm anything it is old and English. Well I'm old and speak English.:D

I agree and have written many times that I don't blame Bush or Clinton for 9/11 I blame the cowards who committed the act. However, if DD insist on asking what Bush did to prevent it I think it is fair to ask him the same of Clinton.

As for FDR, Pearl Harbor did happen on his watch and guess what? it wasn't his fault either. The Japanesse have taken the blame for 65 years and rightfully so.

I agree and have written many times that I don't blame Bush or Clinton for 9/11 I blame the cowards who committed the act. However, if DD insist on asking what Bush did to prevent it I think it is fair to ask him the same of Clinton.

As for FDR, Pearl Harbor did happen on his watch and guess what? it wasn't his fault either. The Japanesse have taken the blame for 65 years and rightfully so.

Not sure if I want to wrestle with the pig, or even teach the pig to dance.

I'll go with the standard Dick Cheney answer when he was confronted with this KEEP OUR COUNTRY SAFER question the day before we were attacked on 911. "I'll get back to you in 6 months."

Except in Japanese History Books! :rolleyes::D

There a whole thread just for you to answer.

Make us feel safer.

OK. In the past, you have said that you probably wouldn't like me in person because of my political beliefs. I said "that makes me sad," but I'll admit it's not to the point that I would lose sleep. It seems clear that you frame a person's worth in terms of their idealogical stances — and I guess that makes me sad more than anything else.

But.

You would have us to believe that Dems have no right to object to Dubya's operation of the Iraq war unless they offer some solution to his monumental screw-ups. Fair enough.

I ask you this:

How are Dems, or anyone else, for that matter, supposed to offer solutions for the current Dubya Debacles when they are ignored, dismissed, bashed, etc., because of where they are coming from idealogically? The administration you appear to have donated heavily to — I see no other reason to defend this group of bumblers so tooth and nail — has shown a disappointing tendency and gone to great lengths to ignore and discredit all of those who don't agree with them. Kind of hard to offer a solution when you know it will be dismissed out of hand.

Please enlighten me, because Bush's "wisdom" falls very short in the inspiration department.

For clarification...I said I probably wouldn't like you not for your political beliefs (I have a few liberal friends) rather the way you express your views. What I said in the other thread is true, I was very liberal in college but I got over it.

I digress

Maybe, just maybe the reason that Democrats are not taken seriously is because they have no real solutions other then to say the GWB is a bumbler, GWB is incompetent, GWB stole the presidency etc. If the Dems want to regain control of either house of Congress or the Presidency then they need to come up with solutions other then GWB is stupid. I'll let you in on a little secret GWB was the first Republican candidate for President that I ever voted for dating back to 1978. I haven't donated 1 cent to him (or any other candidate for that matter) and I honestly feel like we are better off with him at the helm then we would have been had Al Gore or John Kerry taken the office. Further, until I hear a reasonable plan from a Democrat about what we need to do to protect ourselves rather then just playing the blame game I won't consider voting for them. I am already on the record saying that I won't consider voting for John Yarmuth in the upcoming Congressional election not so much because I am a huge fan of Ann Northup, rather I will not do anything to help Nancy Pelosi become speaker of the house. If the Dems want votes then they need to come up with some real solutions.

For clarification...I said I probably wouldn't like you not for your political beliefs (I have a few liberal friends) rather the way you express your views. What I said in the other thread is true, I was very liberal in college but I got over it.

I digress

Maybe, just maybe the reason that Democrats are not taken seriously is because they have no real solutions other then to say the GWB is a bumbler, GWB is incompetent, GWB stole the presidency etc. If the Dems want to regain control of either house of Congress or the Presidency then they need to come up with solutions other then GWB is stupid. I'll let you in on a little secret GWB was the first Republican candidate for President that I ever voted for dating back to 1978. I haven't donated 1 cent to him (or any other candidate for that matter) and I honestly feel like we are better off with him at the helm then we would have been had Al Gore or John Kerry taken the office. Further, until I hear a reasonable plan from a Democrat about what we need to do to protect ourselves rather then just playing the blame game I won't consider voting for them. I am already on the record saying that I won't consider voting for John Yarmuth in the upcoming Congressional election not so much because I am a huge fan of Ann Northup, rather I will not do anything to help Nancy Pelosi become speaker of the house. If the Dems want votes then they need to come up with some real solutions.

You still neglected to answer my question:

How are Dems supposed to offer solutions when the current administration — and its supporters — denigrates, dismisses and ignores all those who do not agree with them?

You still neglected to answer my question:

And you, Mr. Schue, neglected to answer HIS. In case you have forgotten, here is his original question: "What is the Democratic plan to combat terrorism?"

Untill you answer his original question, don't accuse him of not answering yours.

How are Dems supposed to offer solutions when the current administration — and its supporters — denigrates, dismisses and ignores all those who do not agree with them?

This is a non-question. If you have an answer, it is valid whether anyone listens to you or not. As a matter of fact, any INTELLIGENT answers that are offered will be considered, at least by some of us.

That you feel that you are being ignored or denigrated does not absolve you of submitting rational alternatives.