DD What is the Democratic plan to combat terrorism?

All Tell

This is a worthwhile discussion, and noone has crossed the line yet, but there is a large number of the word "you" creeping into the posts. Just a friendly reminder that we want to keep lambasting the parties and not one another.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And you, Mr. Schue, neglected to answer HIS. In case you have forgotten, here is his original question: "What is the Democratic plan to combat terrorism?"

No questions were posed to me. I feel no obligations to answer them.

But, to make you feel better, I offer this: Why should Dems bother to offer solutions, given the current administration's penchant for dismissing any and all opinions that run counter to theirs?

Untill you answer his original question, don't accuse him of not answering yours.

This is a non-question. If you have an answer, it is valid whether anyone listens to you or not. As a matter of fact, any INTELLIGENT answers that are offered will be considered, at least by some of us.

That you feel that you are being ignored or denigrated does not absolve you of submitting rational alternatives.

See above.

DD What is the Democratic plan to combat terrorism?

There, a whole thread just for you to answer.

Make us feel safer.

Just for clarification, do you want answers/posts only from DD? Or will you accept answers from anyone else on BGP?

All Tell, the lack of answers to your question is revealing. Maybe we just need to give it more time....

No questions were posed to me. I feel no obligations to answer them.

But, to make you feel better, I offer this: Why should Dems bother to offer solutions, given the current administration's penchant for dismissing any and all opinions that run counter to theirs?

See above.

Said it over and over, you can't complain about others' policies and solutions, if you don't have any of your own to offer.

This exchange has happened over and over here:

Repub: Since you are complaining about the admin's policies, what are your (alternative) solutions?

Dem: EVERY SINGLE RESPONSE IMAGINABLE EXCEPT GIVING SOLUTIONS.

I have yet to see a decent post from the left explaining even what an alternative solution to ANYTHING is. And I have stopped asking, because no response is coming.

It does get more and more humorous to see what the next excuse will be for not offering any solutions.:lol:

Said it over and over, you can't complain about others' policies and solutions, if you don't have any of your own to offer.

This exchange has happened over and over here:

Repub: Since you are complaining about the admin's policies, what are your (alternative) solutions?

Dem: EVERY SINGLE RESPONSE IMAGINABLE EXCEPT GIVING SOLUTIONS.

I have yet to see a decent post from the left explaining even what an alternative solution to ANYTHING is. And I have stopped asking, because no response is coming.

It does get more and more humorous to see what the next excuse will be for not offering any solutions.:lol:

C'mon, dude … do you really expect some brilliant strategy on how to do the job? Be realistic. Dems have not been afforded the opportunity for some time now …

The best they can come up with is to gripe about the current state of things.

C'mon, dude … do you really expect some brilliant strategy on how to do the job? Be realistic. Dems have not been afforded the opportunity for some time now …

The best they can come up with is to gripe about the current state of things.

They've been given the opportunity in these forums over and over and not come up with a single, solitary idea.

As far as the national scene, they still need to get their ideas out. They have found out how many times the hard way that complaining isnlt enough???

They've been given the opportunity in these forums over and over and not come up with a single, solitary idea.

As far as the national scene, they still need to get their ideas out. They have found out how many times the hard way that complaining isnlt enough???

I can do nothing other than agree with you.

Z

Still, that doesn't preclude them from the oppo to offer ideas. Some of your compatriots think that Dems have no right, and I have to object on that …

Not that it will come as any surprise to you, but there is a growing number of people that no longer take any party headed by W all that seriously either.
In all honesty, the same could be said of a party headed, (...or "hosted" as the case may be...) by Jimmy Carter, Bill Clinton, Al Gore, John Kerry, Hilary Clinton, Howard Dean, etc., etc., etc.

You say many consider GW a joke, but at least we're still able to laugh about it. Gore and Kerry would have been unmitigated disasters delivering great weeping and gnashing of teeth IMO.

I’m truly weary of partisan agendas… we need a new crop of political leaders with a genuine American agenda, the current bunch does not inspire great confidence or enthusiasm.

Not sure if I want to wrestle with the pig, or even teach the pig to dance.

I'll go with the standard Dick Cheney answer when he was confronted with this KEEP OUR COUNTRY SAFER question the day before we were attacked on 911. "I'll get back to you in 6 months."

I answered your burning question that you repeated over and over again. Will you answer mine or not?

Said it over and over, you can't complain about others' policies and solutions, if you don't have any of your own to offer...

Since when are people not allowed to complain about a political decision or action? I must have missed that memo.

...I’m truly weary of partisan agendas… we need a new crop of political leaders with a genuine American agenda, the current bunch does not inspire great confidence or enthusiasm.
While you and I don't agree on quite a few things in the realm of politics, we definitely agree on this point.

This entire thread (like far too many in P&R) slowly breaks down into a "your laundry is dirtier is than my laundry".

I don't think that is happening by accident. It is a consequence of having to elect people (from both sides of the aisle) that place their own power and greed above the interests of the electorate.

Frances

Since when are people not allowed to complain about a political decision or action? I must have missed that memo.

Frances

You'll just be considered a constant complainer if you don't offer ideas or solutions every once in a while, and especially if you NEVER offer any ideas or solutions.

How are Dems supposed to offer solutions when the current administration — and its supporters — denigrates, dismisses and ignores all those who do not agree with them?

I really don't care how Dems do it but they had better do it if they want to sway any opinions. Bush was wrong is not a plan. It's the Dems job to make people hear what they have to say. If the message is worth hearing it will be heard.

Why should Dems bother to offer solutions, given the current administration's penchant for dismissing any and all opinions that run counter to theirs?

Because they are the party out of power and they want to regain power. IMVHO anyone who votes for Dems just as a way of changing leadership is playing Russian Roulette with our country because NO ONE knows where the Dems stand other then Bush was wrong.

If they want control of the government then YES I absolutely expect them to make some strategy for what they are going to do public.

I find it very telling that when asked for specific plans all the Dems can do is complain that they haven't been given a chance to tell their plans or that anything is better the what's happening now. Now I know that the Dems on this board are not privy to the plans of national leadership, but the fact that those Dems can not come up with ONE SINGLE idea for what they would do if they are given the opportunity tells me that no such ideas exist. When dislike of your opposition is all you have then again IMVHO you don't have much to stand on and as a result make yourself very unattractive to anyone other then the most partisan voters.

I don't speak for the Democratic plan to combat terrorism, but I do think that our current course is ineffective. I will no longer support GWB (or his rubber-stamp Republican Congress) because I think we need accountability in all manner of domestic and foriegn policy issues (including the so-called war on terror). We have precious little accountability currently. 'Dubya' regularly runs roughshod over the Constitution and other laws, has embarked on an incredibly wreckless and irresponsible foreign policy, and is perfectly content to sit back and allow disastrous levels of spending to take place right under his nose. He is a disgrace to the Presidency and to the Republican party.

And for those who would assert that the Democrats would be worse in combatting terrorism, I would like to point out that the invasion of Iraq was Bush's idea. We know now that the consensus among our intelligence professionals is that Bush's Iraq war has become the rallying cry for Islamic extremists around the globe and has created deep resentment for the U.S. throughout the Muslim world. Now, I'm not suggesting that we do nothing or coddle Islamic extremists to avoid upsetting them, but given the asymmetric threat we face, I think we would be better served if we could count on the cooperation of the Muslim community rather than their scorn. The best way to win a war against those who are willing to hide among non-combatants and who try to kill innocent people is through an effective intelligence gathering network. Most importantly, this includes human intelligence. Now that we've [angered] the entire Muslim world by invading Iraq, who among the Muslims is going to go out of their way to help us?

The President has become part of the problem because he will not admit that his Iraq adventure was a mistake. In spite of information coming in from every conceivable source telling him the situation is worsening and that the invasion course he chose is making us less safe, he continues to stubbornly repeat the same tired, out-of-touch-with-reality sound bites about Iraq. We need a real plan to exit Iraq and if that means a set timetable, so be it. New polls indicate the majority of Iraqis want the U.S. to leave anyway and are actually supportive of attacks on our forces. We are accomplishing nothing by staying except getting our soldiers and Marines killed. We need to focus on finishing the real job of fighting terrorists in Afghanistan. That place is backsliding while we neglect it for the mess in Iraq. And we need to set about repairing our relations with other Muslim countries in the interest of improving our human intelligence capability.