BGP Friday Night Fun Thread - The Rain Edition

B-Ball-fan

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Since its whatever goes I thought I'd share my favorite memory of a football game in the rain. Boone county vs Paul Dunbar 4A playoffs. Muddiest field I've ever seen at Boone score was 0-0 end of 4th Dunbar won the toss and chose to play defense. Preston Herron scored and Boone kicked the xp to take a 7-0 lead Dunbar answers with a td but opts to go for 2. Pass was completed and the middle linebacker blew him up at the 1 and Boone won 7-6.

Since its whatever goes I thought I'd share my favorite memory of a football game in the rain. Boone county vs Paul Dunbar 4A playoffs. Muddiest field I've ever seen at Boone score was 0-0 end of 4th Dunbar won the toss and chose to play defense. Preston Herron scored and Boone kicked the xp to take a 7-0 lead Dunbar answers with a td but opts to go for 2. Pass was completed and the middle linebacker blew him up at the 1 and Boone won 7-6.

Thanks for sharing.

Preston Herron was a stud!

What's the science behind low water levels in the Great Lakes?

Many theories - everything including diverting more water over Niagara Falls, to the phases of the moon. Actually, I don't know, but I do know this, over a two year period the Great Lakes and its tributaries dropped five feet. They remained that way until 2015 when they started to come back. This past summer the rising water had reclaimed most of its former base, but is still short about two feet.

The oldtimers in Canada say that the low water is the "normal" water level, and that the high water line is abnormal. Who knows??? All I can say as a North Channel fisherman, is that I will be happy if it regains it's former depths.

The photo is from 2010 and it clearly shows the "old" water line. Presently the water is about two feet from the top of the old water line.

[ATTACH]63568[/ATTACH]

061a-BH-10-WatermarkRock.jpg

Many theories - everything including diverting more water over Niagara Falls, to the phases of the moon. Actually, I don't know, but I do know this, over a two year period the Great Lakes and its tributaries dropped five feet. They remained that way until 2015 when they started to come back. This past summer the rising water had reclaimed most of its former base, but is still short about two feet.

The oldtimers in Canada say that the low water is the "normal" water level, and that the high water line is abnormal. Who knows??? All I can say as a North Channel fisherman, is that I will be happy if it regains it's former depths.

The photo is from 2010 and it clearly shows the "old" water line. Presently the water is about two feet from the top of the old water line.

[ATTACH]63568[/ATTACH]

Thanks for the Education!

What's the science behind low water levels in the Great Lakes?

Some of the people around the area that we vacation at said that there were several winters where it wasn't "normal". Either the winter freeze started late, ended early, or the snowfall amount was less. So you had extended evaporation time and/or reduced input during the spring thaw.

Don't know if any of that is true, but like Mustang, I can vouch for the change in the water (at least on the Lakes Michigan/Huron levels) over the years.