Reds All-Star Break (7/10-7/13)

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Side note, the NBA is incredibly dumb for not having the futures game on a day during the break. Instead it got buried in with all the games Sunday. Makes no sense. These are your future stars, market them.

Well it is baseball season so...........

The Reds have at least been interesting in the first half. Even with the worst pitching in the league I think that they could be within 2-3 games of .500 if Peraza and Hamilton could get on base at all. Those two are preventing the offense from moving from decent to excellent.

The Reds have at least been interesting in the first half. Even with the worst pitching in the league I think that they could be within 2-3 games of .500 if Peraza and Hamilton could get on base at all. Those two are preventing the offense from moving from decent to excellent.

Offense is not even close to the problem. Those guys getting on base a small % more isn't winning 8-9 more games.

Offense is not even close to the problem. Those guys getting on base a small % more isn't winning 8-9 more games.

The offense has been adequate--if they had even just bad pitching. They have horrible pitching however. If Hamilton and Peraza could get on base effectively enough to be adequate 1-2 hitters it could move the offense to an elite level. They're 6th in the NL in runs scored and that's with Peraza and Hamilton getting on base at about a .290 clip. It would not take many extra runs to get their run differential to near .500 level.

Stat I would like to see:

Percent of time Hamilton scores a run when he gets on base.

My guess is he is one of the highest in baseball in that stat due to the number of stolen bases and having Votto hit behind him. Even with his below .300 on-base percentage he is in the top 15 or so in the league in runs scored.

Stat I would like to see:

Percent of time Hamilton scores a run when he gets on base.

My guess is he is one of the highest in baseball in that stat due to the number of stolen bases and having Votto hit behind him. Even with his below .300 on-base percentage he is in the top 15 or so in the league in runs scored.

Roughly ~49% of the time.

The offense has been adequate--if they had even just bad pitching. They have horrible pitching however. If Hamilton and Peraza could get on base effectively enough to be adequate 1-2 hitters it could move the offense to an elite level. They're 6th in the NL in runs scored and that's with Peraza and Hamilton getting on base at about a .290 clip. It would not take many extra runs to get their run differential to near .500 level.

Cozart has been hitting 2nd primarily -- 45 games. Peraza has batted 2nd 21 times compared to 38 times in the 7-hole.