Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NCAA to release UofL report today

Featured Replies

For those who think UL fans should find a new program to be a fan of, who do you suggest?

 

Penn State

  • Replies 228
  • Views 34.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We always say no one person is bigger than the program. It appears to me that Rick Pitino is bigger than UL. The man survived cheating on his wife at an Italian restaurant and then offered to pay for the abortion...let that sink in for a bit. If he made it through that, he can keep his job through anything else short of murder.

 

I never thought he should be fired for that. Just like I shouldn't be fired from my job for it.

 

However, this situation is definitely fireable for me.

I certainly wouldn't. I'd be disappointed and embarrassed for the Kentucky program but wouldn't stop me from cheering for UK to win basketball games.

 

This. If this happened at Kentucky, I'd certainly still be a fan.

Exactly. If you have a deep down passion for your team, you can't just turn it off or transfer it elsewhere. You can learn to appreciate different team, but it isn't like a light switch.

I think that's the biggest problem. Right or Wrong, this and the presence of Jurich is the smell bad test.

 

When the Sutton scandal happened he was removed and long time UK hero/icon Cliff Hagan was removed as AD. It helped the process of rebuilding KY's image and their fan base.

 

I'm sure there might be some out there but is there a Basketball Coach that survived this level of scandal and stayed at the program?

 

Sutton was never really fully accepted/liked by the UK fan base, so that was an easy choice.

For those who think UL fans should find a new program to be a fan of, who do you suggest?

 

UNC. These things don't happen there for sure.

Sutton was never really fully accepted/liked by the UK fan base, so that was an easy choice.

 

I've always contended if Sutton had won the Title in 1986 he would have been beloved. Even then I think everyone gave a pass and when he brought Rex Chapman in he could do no wrong.

 

Sutton's problem was he played defensive, slow-down offense that made Joe B. Hall look like Jerry Tarkanian. Couple that with mediocre results in 1987 and 88 = short leash. (well he also had a significant drinking problem that most UK fans ignored)

For those who think UL fans should find a new program to be a fan of, who do you suggest?

 

The greatest team in KY. The University of Kentucky Wildcats. LOL

Right now, everything is just a freaking hot mess at UL. But it won't be forever. I've been a fan for over 3/4 of my life. It's not all been sunshine and roses. Why would I stop being a fan now? A true fan is in it for the long haul.

 

The (somewhat former) UofL fans who have mentioned to me they will be going to Bellarmine games from now on instead of UofL games have said the fact that Pitino (and in some cases Jurich) have not been fired as the reason. The would prefer 5/8/whatever years of rough rebuilding with a new coach (and possibly AD).

The (somewhat former) UofL fans who have mentioned to me they will be going to Bellarmine games from now on instead of UofL games have said the fact that Pitino (and in some cases Jurich) have not been fired as the reason. The would prefer 5/8/whatever years of rough rebuilding with a new coach (and possibly AD).

 

So, you think those of us sticking with our program are....????

So, you think those of us sticking with our program are....????

 

It was the two I work with, not I who are "boycotting UofL" athletics over not firing Rick, not I. They didn't share their view of other UofL fans.

It was the two I work with, not I who are "boycotting UofL" athletics over not firing Rick, not I. They didn't share their view of other UofL fans.

 

I'm just asking what you think. You aren't a Louisville fan. If this happened at UK, would you find another team to support?

If Pitino had still been coach at UK, they very well could.

 

Nooo, because the moral majority that are the UK fans would have helped him find Jesus and given up his sinful ways. Why he would have started the First Church of Rupp and been its first pastor had he stayed at UK. Don't you know anything? :bunny:

The (somewhat former) UofL fans who have mentioned to me they will be going to Bellarmine games from now on instead of UofL games have said the fact that Pitino (and in some cases Jurich) have not been fired as the reason. The would prefer 5/8/whatever years of rough rebuilding with a new coach (and possibly AD).

 

Really? I am a Bellarmine alum, lived less than a mile from there when they won their title, and I still couldn't name you a player that ever played there. Even when I was in class with them I would have forgotten them. Sounds a tad over dramatic to me.

I'm just asking what you think. You aren't a Louisville fan. If this happened at UK, would you find another team to support?

 

If I thought Cal knew or should have known, I would be outspoken that I think Mitch should fire him. As for those UK fans who would want to keep him so long as he kept winning, that would frustrate to some degree me but wouldn't dwell on it. Back in 89, I felt Sutton was a better coach than he probably really was so I hated losing him but understood it was the right thing to do.

Nooo, because the moral majority that are the UK fans would have helped him find Jesus and given up his sinful ways. Why he would have started the First Church of Rupp and been its first pastor had he stayed at UK. Don't you know anything? :bunny:

 

:lol2:

You've cracked me up with this post.....:lol2:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.