Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NCAA to release UofL report today

Featured Replies

The fans who refuse the mountain of evidence and want UL to appeal all charges . They are guilty of all sorts of lewd behavior hoping to influence players and still yet some fans are wanting the sports world to just look the other way.

  • Replies 228
  • Views 34.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The fans who refuse the mountain of evidence and want UL to appeal all charges . They are guilty of all sorts of lewd behavior hoping to influence players and still yet some fans are wanting the sports world to just look the other way.

 

Refusing to accept the evidence and wanting UofL to appeal are not the same thing. I believe the evidence and the official accounts of what happened. I also want Louisville to appeal because they'd be dumb not to.

Appeal , thats what lawyers do :)

 

Hah! True enough, but not, I think, without cause here.

 

The folks on the appeals committee are all lawyers, and none of them work for university athletic departments, I don't think. There's reason to believe that they'll be more receptive to Louisville's arguments regarding the appropriateness of the penalties levied by the infractions committee.

 

When the 2013 banner literally hangs in the balance, I think the appeal is worth the effort.

Same fans supporting their disgusting behavior are the same ones saying nothing would come from this months ago .

 

Who is supporting what behavior?

 

I'm assuming if one is still a UL fan, one must be construed as supporting the actions of the complicit.

The fans who refuse the mountain of evidence and want UL to appeal all charges . They are guilty of all sorts of lewd behavior hoping to influence players and still yet some fans are wanting the sports world to just look the other way.

You must know other people, then. No one here (or any of my UofL fan friends) "want the sports world to look the other way." Even those wanting an appeal don't expect to come away with no penalty.

 

To be crystal clear, I know of no one who says that the events didn't happen and that there should be no penalty. That is what you are implying.

What would Louisville have to do to lose their fan base? Is there really a scenario?

What would Louisville have to do to lose their fan base? Is there really a scenario?

Just Louisville? I don't see UK or Duke fans abandoning ship if this had happened to their teams.

Hah! True enough, but not, I think, without cause here.

 

The folks on the appeals committee are all lawyers, and none of them work for university athletic departments, I don't think. There's reason to believe that they'll be more receptive to Louisville's arguments regarding the appropriateness of the penalties levied by the infractions committee.

 

When the 2013 banner literally hangs in the balance, I think the appeal is worth the effort.

 

If they won a title with a player who would of been ineligible what is the grounds for appeal?

They got off light. You have to appeal but they essentially got off light.

Arranging sex for 16 year olds even after they refused it? That is just sick.

There is a relative stench over UL right now.

Winning is a drug and they are snorting the whole line.

The UL Foundation just throwing money around in a wasteful manner. Paying the AD's son $800k to do nothing. Paying for radio personalities so they can have a homer voice. Wiping computers as to not divulge other illegal or questionable activities.

How Pitino still has a job after all of this? First the Sypher incident and then another sex incident involving his program. Amazed that he still is employed and yet he has lost faith in the NCAA?

But winning is a drug and Tom Jurich has overseen winning programs across the board but football and hoops have a relative stench and the stink is to the core.

If they won a title with a player who would of been ineligible what is the grounds for appeal?

 

I don't know the NCAA rules well enough to say for sure, but I'd assume the appeal will regard the length of the retroactive suspensions of any involved player.

Same fans supporting their disgusting behavior are the same ones saying nothing would come from this months ago .

 

What would Louisville have to do to lose their fan base? Is there really a scenario?

 

Right now, everything is just a freaking hot mess at UL. But it won't be forever. I've been a fan for over 3/4 of my life. It's not all been sunshine and roses. Why would I stop being a fan now? A true fan is in it for the long haul.

Just Louisville? I don't see UK or Duke fans abandoning ship if this had happened to their teams.

You are blind to the point , As much as I dislike Duke the type of things that happened at UL would never happen at Duke or UK. That is the point .

You are blind to the point , As much as I dislike Duke the type of things that happened at UL would never happen at Duke or UK. That is the point .

No, I'm sure nothing bad could ever happen at either of those institutions. But, just as you didn't answer the post above where I directly quoted you, you didn't answer this one, either. Direct question: If something like this happened at UK or Duke, do you think that their fan base would leave them?

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.