Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NCAA to release UofL report today

Featured Replies

Matt Jones said today on KSR that Pitino is the only coach in the nation who wouldn't get fired over this. He says UK and Duke would fire Cal and K.

 

I don't think they would but Matt Jones said that the faculty at Duke would revolt if this happens there and that K wouldn't survive. Duke has always given off the image that K is bigger than Duke so I don't know if I think they would fire him over that. I don't think UK would fire Cal over that either.

 

I feel like Duke would fire K, but PP92 knows that better than me.

 

I feel very confident that Mitch Barnhart would fire Cal. Other AD's of UK past would not, but I really think Mitch would.

  • Replies 228
  • Views 34.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Summary: Current & future UofL got off light & past UofL got crushed.

Some of what I had heard a couple weeks back.

 

- The panel that set the judgements was made up 6 participants (coaches I believe, not necessarily basketball, of member schools.

- 3 were already ready to deliver a severe blow in terms of penalties. Other 3 were not yet 'set'.

- Strong penalties were expected. Number of head coach suspended games was expected to be higher on outset.

- Expectation that appeal process would allow for some relief - so appeal was/is already in consideration.

 

The whole thing is still surreal in some ways. The question of 'did Pitino know or condone' should be obvious. He would not have let that go on in the hall named for his bother-in-law. Could he, should he have known? The ruling makes it clear what the official opinion was. And it seems logical that some level of oversight is and should be expected.

 

Somehow it seems like a conversation like this may have occurred - Pitino - "Andre, what are plans for the recruits?" McGee: "Yeah coach, just keeping them in Minarde tonight. They had a long day."

 

So with that would a red flag be raised?

 

But with McGee not helping the investigation it seems the air never cleared. While not a lot of money, there was money involved and the question of the source seems still out there.

That was one tweet. Many others explain exactly what's happening. He's been all over this.

 

Crawford's journalism has not been lacking on this in any way.

 

I get your point and I don't disagree. That said, how hard would it have been to actually get it right?

 

Instead of "The NCAA, as of today, has instructed UofL to vacate its 2013 national title, a first in men's basketball history. Appeal to come," make it "The NCAA has instructed UofL to provide data which would vacate its 2013 national title, a first in men's basketball history. Appeal to come."

I feel like Duke would fire K, but PP92 knows that better than me.

 

I feel very confident that Mitch Barnhart would fire Cal. Other AD's of UK past would not, but I really think Mitch would.

 

After reading just part of the NCAA report I think Duke would fire K and and UK would fire Cal. Teachers get arrested for having sex with students. McGee supplied sex for minors. Katina left out a lot of stuff in her book.

After reading just part of the NCAA report I think Duke would fire K and and UK would fire Cal. Teachers get arrested for having sex with students. McGee supplied sex for minors. Katina left out a lot of stuff in her book.

 

Yeah she left out a few parts in which she pimped out her kids to some other people's kids. UofL screwed up here, but that woman is foul and deserves whatever karmic awfulness comes her way.

Some of what I had heard a couple weeks back.

 

- The panel that set the judgements was made up 6 participants (coaches I believe, not necessarily basketball, of member schools.

- 3 were already ready to deliver a severe blow in terms of penalties. Other 3 were not yet 'set'.

- Strong penalties were expected. Number of head coach suspended games was expected to be higher on outset.

- Expectation that appeal process would allow for some relief - so appeal was/is already in consideration.

 

The whole thing is still surreal in some ways. The question of 'did Pitino know or condone' should be obvious. He would not have let that go on in the hall named for his bother-in-law. Could he, should he have known? The ruling makes it clear what the official opinion was. And it seems logical that some level of oversight is and should be expected.

 

Somehow it seems like a conversation like this may have occurred - Pitino - "Andre, what are plans for the recruits?" McGee: "Yeah coach, just keeping them in Minarde tonight. They had a long day."

 

So with that would a red flag be raised?

 

But with McGee not helping the investigation it seems the air never cleared. While not a lot of money, there was money involved and the question of the source seems still out there.

 

I don't think the money has as much to do with this issue than the morality of it.

Bruce Pearl got fired for a BBQ, Rick gets 5 games for a prostitution scandal.

  • Author
I don't think the money has as much to do with this issue than the morality of it.

 

I agree, but still wonder where the money came from. I'm not buying that McGhee was funding this on his own.

I don't think the money has as much to do with this issue than the morality of it.

 

For sure.

Yeah she left out a few parts in which she pimped out her kids to some other people's kids. UofL screwed up here, but that woman is foul and deserves whatever karmic awfulness comes her way.

 

She mentioned Blakeney and Lyle and I remember one of them not having sex with her daughter while she had sex with the dad but some of that other stuff in the report wasn't in the book. Like McGee giving the kids a condom and guiding them into the room with a naked chick waiting. The book also focused more on the players than the recruits. 15 prospective recruits and only 3 players named? That's insane.

Bruce Pearl got fired for a BBQ, Rick gets 5 games for a prostitution scandal.

 

Bruce Pearl got caught lying about knowingly breaking the rules. Rick hasn't been caught in a lie yet.

I agree, but still wonder where the money came from. I'm not buying that McGhee was funding this on his own.

 

I can simply because it wasn't much money spent at all. He'd give her free tickets for her services sometimes. 300-400 bucks a pop isn't that much. I think the most money spent at one time was the 1K for Blakeney and his dad or whatever that amount was.

I agree, but still wonder where the money came from. I'm not buying that McGhee was funding this on his own.

 

But per the NCAA's own math, not a lot of money changed hands here.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.