Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NCAA to release UofL report today

Featured Replies

NCAA throwing down the hammer.

  • Replies 228
  • Views 34.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Author

‏
Verified account
@ericcrawford
Following

 

More

 

 

 

By all appearances, and from my background, it looks to me as if the 2012 Final Four and 2013 championship will be vacated. BUT ...

 

 

‏
Verified account
@ericcrawford
Following

 

More

 

 

 

U of L will have to determine what players are involved, and within 45 days say which wins are vacated.

 

Katina Powell on KSR right now naming names she claims were involved.

1230 presser should be interesting. My guess, based on their cooperation during the investigation and NCAA's adoptions of many of the self-imposed sanctions, is that they knew what was coming and will have a communications strategy to explain those portions of the sanctions which are not clear from the NCAA statement (e.g., what does 4 yr. probation involve?; what games are vacated?; is the NCAA title vacated?, etc.)

  • Author
Michigan your 2013 National champs.

 

If true, no title is issued. NCAA records would just say vacated.

 

We are still not to that point yet though. Sounds like UofL still has to admit that certain recruits got parties too during their recruitment.

I hate Louisville, and it's no doubt they deserve a harsh punishment, but:

 

1) Taking down banners is stupid. I saw the games & Louisville won it. So I don't care what the NCAA says. Louisville won the 2013 title, just like Memphis was the runner-up in whatever year that was. Just like the Fab Five went to a pair of Final Fours.

 

2) What North Carolina did was far worse than this. Don't throw around the "student athlete" nonsense if you're going to let UNC skate.

  • Author
I hate Louisville, and it's no doubt they deserve a harsh punishment, but:

 

1) Taking down banners is stupid. I saw the games & Louisville won it. So I don't care what the NCAA says. Louisville won the 2013 title, just like Memphis was the runner-up in whatever year that was. Just like the Fab Five went to a pair of Final Fours.

 

2) What North Carolina did was far worse than this. Don't throw around the "student athlete" nonsense if you're going to let UNC skate.

 

I understand point #1, but if a team gets players through illegal recruiting, do they deserve the title. Let's say a HS team brings in 20 year old players or kids from another state illegally and win a football title, should they keep the title since they won it on the field? The reason for pulling a title is to keep others from going to the next level and doing something even more egregious to lure a recruit.

 

Would the Western University Dolphins deserve to keep a title (if they had won one) after buying Ricky Roe a Tractor, giving Butch McRae's mom a house and Neon a Lexus to get them to attend WU?

 

Yes what UNC did was/is worse! They have to be sweating right now.

Worse than I thought. Genuinely didn't think they'd go after the title and that Pitino would get the smack-down with a long suspension. I was only partially right.

I understand point #1, but if a team gets players through illegal recruiting, do they deserve the title. Let's say a HS team brings in 20 year old players or kids from another state illegally and win a football title, should they keep the title since they won it on the field? The reason for pulling a title is to keep others from going to the next level and doing something even more egregious to lure a recruit.

 

Would the Western University Dolphins deserve to keep a title (if they had won one) after buying Ricky Roe a Tractor, giving Butch McRae's mom a house and Neon a Lexus to get them to attend WU?

 

Yes what UNC did was/is worse! They have to be sweating right now.

 

+1 for the Blue Chips reference.

I understand point #1, but if a team gets players through illegal recruiting, do they deserve the title. Let's say a HS team brings in 20 year old players or kids from another state illegally and win a football title, should they keep the title since they won it on the field? The reason for pulling a title is to keep others from going to the next level and doing something even more egregious to lure a recruit.

 

No, they don't deserve it at all. I'm just saying I don't understand the penalty of taking a banner down. We all saw it and they won.

 

Much stiffer punishments for coaches & much heavier financial fines on the schools would be more effective IMO.

  • Author
Worse than I thought. Genuinely didn't think they'd go after the title and that Pitino would get the smack-down with a long suspension. I was only partially right.

 

Does this have to worry UNC about what they have coming?

If the banner comes down Rick will always have his tattoo.:lol:

Having said what I've said, this still made me laugh:

 

[ATTACH=CONFIG]62319[/ATTACH]

 

 

And this too:

 

Hahaha.jpg

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.