June 15, 20179 yr That press conference was brutal. Pitino is very angry. Smrt is clueless and Jurich is surprised. Very worried we were sold a bill of goods on Smrt's expertise and influence. But the self-imposed postseason ban seems to have been a good idea as that definitely would have been part of these sanctions had it not been done then.
June 15, 20179 yr Do we know who exactly was deemed ineligible? Not yet. We have guesses... and Ms. Powell's dossier.
June 15, 20179 yr If they determine any player that was involved in the parties is ineligible, the title is gone, and I would say the majority of the wins during the specified time period will be gone.
June 15, 20179 yr The penalties seem a little harsh to me, especially if they do vacate the title.:idunno:
June 15, 20179 yr Taking the banner down punishes the players involved and does not hurt the ones that are currently playing that had nothing to do with the scandal. I guess I just don't see that as a punishment is all. The games happened & Louisville won them.
June 15, 20179 yr @Ericcrawford ... The NCAA, as of today, has instructed UofL to vacate its 2013 national title, a first in men's basketball history. Appeal to come.
June 15, 20179 yr The penalties seem a little harsh to me, especially if they do vacate the title.:idunno: How so?
June 15, 20179 yr @Ericcrawford ... The NCAA, as of today, has instructed UofL to vacate its 2013 national title, a first in men's basketball history. Appeal to come. Crawford's tweet is imprecise at best and technically incorrect. The NCAA has instructed UofL to provide names within 45 days. Once NCAA gets those names, they will vacate wins and titles. UofL (Smrt) has apparently said the names UofL would have to provide would include 108 wins and 15 NCAA games (including title). Precision of language is important in journalism and lacking here.
June 15, 20179 yr What I find the biggest surprise? Is that the UofL honchos (Pitino, etc.) are surprised by this action. Come on man, you had to KNOW this was a very distinct possibility at least. HOPING it wouldn't happen, ok sure. Now, maybe it's all an act, playing it good for the appeals committee and they all knew and maybe even expected this. BUT, if they are true to the surprise they showed today, then to me they had their heads buried in the sand, up to their chests. I'm a UNC fan and I KNOW the exact same thing is a possibility for them. Now I HOPE it doesn't happen, but I know it very well could and would not be surprised by it.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.