Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NCAA to release UofL report today

Featured Replies

Does this have to worry UNC about what they have coming?

 

I don't know. I don't think there's as much correlation between this case and the UNC case as folks want to make, given the lascivious nature of the the charges against UofL.

 

Like I said already, given what I thought I knew about what would happen versus what actually did come down today, I don't have any real knowledge at all.

 

Maybe the appeal will have some success in protecting the banner but... I don't know.

 

Like I said months ago, if the banner comes down, Pitino probably ought not to have a job anymore.

  • Replies 228
  • Views 34.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How does the NCAA make schools physically take down banners? Is that stated in the penalty section? Why can't you just say, "ok, we will accept the penalty, but we are not removing the banner."

I do not know what is fair or not fair, but I really hate this for UL... especially the current crop of kids that get hit.

I bought into all that garbage about the value of hiring Chuck Smrt to do the internal investigation but honestly, if the athletic department had just said "Here's what happened, we screwed up." would this have been any worse?

 

Given the penalties, it looks like he was hired to protect Pitino and that he did that job well.

 

I'll give him this, if his one piece of advice was to surrender the scholarships and withdraw from 2016 tournament, then it looks like good advice. As far as I can tell, no additional scholarship restrictions apart what UofL already put on themselves and no further postseason bans.

  • Author
I don't know. I don't think there's as much correlation between this case and the UNC case as folks want to make, given the lascivious nature of the the charges against UofL.

 

Like I said already, given what I thought I knew about what would happen versus what actually did come down today, I don't have any real knowledge at all.

 

Maybe the appeal will have some success in protecting the banner but... I don't know.

 

Like I said months ago, if the banner comes down, Pitino probably ought not to have a job anymore.

 

I agree they are different, but in many ways I think the UNC mess is worse than the UofL mess. Strippers and Prostitutes grab the headlines but decades of academic fraud, IMO is much worse.

 

I think with UofL getting what appears to be hammered, UNC has to worry about what their eventual punishment will be.

I agree they are different, but in many ways I think the UNC mess is worse than the UofL mess. Strippers and Prostitutes grab the headlines but decades of academic fraud, IMO is much worse.

 

I think with UofL getting what appears to be hammered, UNC has to worry about what their eventual punishment will be.

 

I'm genuinely worried that if they don't, then the message to every NCAA institution is that cooperation and full candor get you nothing. Obstruct, resist, and delay and you'll get off with a slap on the wrist.

If the NCAA doesn't come down twice as hard on UNC as it does UL then you know the system is even more flawed than we already believe it to be.

  • Author
I do not know what is fair or not fair, but I really hate this for UL... especially the current crop of kids that get hit.

 

Very little impact on current team or program, Pitino sits out 2 and a half weeks in January and then it's business as usual. Even if they lose games or banner it still doesn't impact the team or program going forward.

 

Team not getting another post season ban was a Win for UofL.

 

UofL saying that they will appeal so even this slap may be reduced.

 

Even if they lose a title it's more about pride than actually hurting or damaging anyone other than Pitino's legacy.

  • Author
I'm genuinely worried that if they don't, then the message to every NCAA institution is that cooperation and full candor get you nothing. Obstruct, resist, and delay and you'll get off with a slap on the wrist.

 

Agreed

I'm genuinely worried that if they don't, then the message to every NCAA institution is that cooperation and full candor get you nothing. Obstruct, resist, and delay and you'll get off with a slap on the wrist.

 

I've been saying this for a while now.

 

Why any school would cooperate with the NCAA is beyond me.

 

Lawyer up and tell them to kick rocks.

UofL interim president calls the penalties "excessive" and has confirmed that the university will appeal.

Wonder if any of this will affect Mack taking the job when it opens?

No, they don't deserve it at all. I'm just saying I don't understand the penalty of taking a banner down. We all saw it and they won.

 

Much stiffer punishments for coaches & much heavier financial fines on the schools would be more effective IMO.

 

Taking the banner down punishes the players involved and does not hurt the ones that are currently playing that had nothing to do with the scandal.

  • Author
Wonder if any of this will affect Mack taking the job when it opens?

 

Doubtful, I see nothing going forward that will impact team or program. When the Appeal and Rick's games off are over, this will all be behind them.

I'm in no way a fan of the Ville, but those games have been played. Unless they are going to make Michigan the National champs, then what's the since of vacating titles? With the internet people can very easily look up who won and or played in the championship game, final four etc. punishment should be doled out by all means but if Im Jurich why can't I say I'm not taking anything down. Could the Yum Center say "To heck with you NCAA. I like the way those banners look. You don't own my arena"?

Edited by Jackie Ed
Typo

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.