Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NCAA to release UofL report today

Featured Replies

I'm in no way a fan of the Ville, but those games have been played. Unless they are going to make Michigan the National champs, then what's the since of vacating titles? With the internet people can very easily look up who won and or played in the championship game, final four etc. punishment should be doled out by all means but if Im Jurich why can't I say I'm not taking anything down. Could the Yum Center say "To heck with you NCAA. I like the way those banners look. You don't own my arena"?

 

I think the banners are the copyright property if they include the NCAA on them.

 

As to why do they do it? Why not?

 

2/4 of an entire Final Four were vacated in 1971. The charge was each had players that signed agent contracts prior to the tourney. Every Western Ky and Nova fan know they were there but the casual guy can't see a banner to tell them it happened. Banners have been vacated for less than what UL was guilty of.

  • Replies 228
  • Views 34.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not seeing them vacating the title based on what we know so far but I am also confused as hell trying to figure out why they are being so vague about who the ineligible players are. The fact that the title being vacated hasn't been mentioned makes me think it won't get vacated. They mentioned every penalty but that and UL has to state which games are impacted? That doesn't make sense.

I'm not seeing them vacating the title based on what we know so far but I am also confused as hell trying to figure out why they are being so vague about who the ineligible players are. The fact that the title being vacated hasn't been mentioned makes me think it won't get vacated. They mentioned every penalty but that and UL has to state which games are impacted? That doesn't make sense.

 

Apparently it's the way they always handle this. Seems like they could've just spent an extra day going over this and being done with it.

Nevermind. :lol2:

 

I guess we'll see if the appeals process works out for them.

  • Author
I'm not seeing them vacating the title based on what we know so far but I am also confused as hell trying to figure out why they are being so vague about who the ineligible players are. The fact that the title being vacated hasn't been mentioned makes me think it won't get vacated. They mentioned every penalty but that and UL has to state which games are impacted? That doesn't make sense.

 

Eric Crawford‏Verified account @Ericcrawford

Smrt says the vacation order could impact 108 wins and 15 NCAA Tournament victories.

  • Author

Pitino calls the findings: "Unjust, unfair. ... Personally I've lost faith in the NCAA."

Pitino: "For 35 some-odd years I've had a lot of faith in the NCAA and have acted accordingly."

Pitino: "We feel remorse and extreme regret for everything that went on in that dormitory, but this is over the top."

Exactly to whom would UL appeal? Is it a different branch of the NCAA? Is it the same bunch who meted out this punishment?

Eric Crawford‏Verified account @Ericcrawford

Smrt says the vacation order could impact 108 wins and 15 NCAA Tournament victories.

 

Post #49. :D

Wikipedia has already vacated the title.

I think the banners are the copyright property if they include the NCAA on them.

 

As to why do they do it? Why not?

 

2/4 of an entire Final Four were vacated in 1971. The charge was each had players that signed agent contracts prior to the tourney. Every Western Ky and Nova fan know they were there but the casual guy can't see a banner to tell them it happened. Banners have been vacated for less than what UL was guilty of.

 

WKU still hangs their banner.

 

Also, WKU now holds the all-time win record against UofL, 39-35, since the 2010-2014 seasons were vacated. Just rub that in a Cards fans face and watch them get mad.

 

Edit: And also just saw on twitter that they now also have more all-time wins. WKU ranks 17th, UofL 26th since they vacated 108 wins.

That press conference was brutal. Pitino is very angry. Smrt is clueless and Jurich is surprised.

"I plan on staying here and winning multiple national championships...not just one." - Rick Pitino

Exactly to whom would UL appeal? Is it a different branch of the NCAA? Is it the same bunch who meted out this punishment?

 

There is a special appeals committee made up of people that aren't on the Infractions Committee. They'll hear and decide the final appeal.

Edited by Getslow

The Thomas More girls lost a national championship for a lot less.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.