June 20, 20179 yr Right now, everything is just a freaking hot mess at UL. But it won't be forever. I've been a fan for over 3/4 of my life. It's not all been sunshine and roses. Why would I stop being a fan now? A true fan is in it for the long haul. Correct. Every program has their skeletons. I don't expect my UofL friends to abandon ship.
June 20, 20179 yr National headline reading " coach K has affair and has sex in Italian restaurant and then pays for mistress's abortion " that's why the UL situationwould never happen at U.K. Or Duke
June 20, 20179 yr You are blind to the point , As much as I dislike Duke the type of things that happened at UL would never happen at Duke or UK. That is the point . If Pitino had still been coach at UK, they very well could.
June 20, 20179 yr Any idea why Powell was never charged? Is it something with the statute of limitations on prostitution the reason?
June 20, 20179 yr They got off light. You have to appeal but they essentially got off light. Arranging sex for 16 year olds even after they refused it? That is just sick. There is a relative stench over UL right now. Winning is a drug and they are snorting the whole line. The UL Foundation just throwing money around in a wasteful manner. Paying the AD's son $800k to do nothing. Paying for radio personalities so they can have a homer voice. Wiping computers as to not divulge other illegal or questionable activities. How Pitino still has a job after all of this? First the Sypher incident and then another sex incident involving his program. Amazed that he still is employed and yet he has lost faith in the NCAA? But winning is a drug and Tom Jurich has overseen winning programs across the board but football and hoops have a relative stench and the stink is to the core. The bolded and underlined is the part that bothers me the most and I think that is the main driver behind their penalties.
June 20, 20179 yr Is it something with the statute of limitations on prostitution the reason? Probably. I never thought about that.
June 20, 20179 yr National headline reading " coach K has affair and has sex in Italian restaurant and then pays for mistress's abortion " that's why the UL situationwould never happen at U.K. Or Duke Keep ignoring the question. That's a good look. :lol2:
June 20, 20179 yr If UK hadn't wooed Newton away from Vandy, and C.M. Newton did not hit a home run in hiring Pitino in 1989, I think a lot of UK fans would have waned away. It was such a dark time. First losing season in pretty much everyone's lifetime. Everyone left the program and went immediately to other teams to play or work. The last month of the season, Sutton and his team played with a foot out of the door the whole time. So yes, I think KY could lose some of the passion in their fan base. Particularly with this kind of scandal. And to be frank, I see a lot of the passion gone in some on here. They still love the Cards but they know it's a mess and aren't sure how to respond. (Just like KY fans in 1989)
June 20, 20179 yr If UK hadn't wooed Newton away from Vandy, and C.M. Newton did not hit a home run in hiring Pitino in 1989, I think a lot of UK fans would have waned away. It was such a dark time. First losing season in pretty much everyone's lifetime. Everyone left the program and went immediately to other teams to play or work. The last month of the season, Sutton and his team played with a foot out of the door the whole time. So yes, I think KY could lose some of the passion in their fan base. Particularly with this kind of scandal. And to be frank, I see a lot of the passion gone in some on here. They still love the Cards but they know it's a mess and aren't sure how to respond. (Just like KY fans in 1989) That was my first thought as well. The dynamic here is a bit different with Rick still at the helm, despite what has happened.
June 20, 20179 yr That was my first thought as well. The dynamic here is a bit different with Rick still at the helm, despite what has happened. I think that's the biggest problem. Right or Wrong, this and the presence of Jurich is the smell bad test. When the Sutton scandal happened he was removed and long time UK hero/icon Cliff Hagan was removed as AD. It helped the process of rebuilding KY's image and their fan base. I'm sure there might be some out there but is there a Basketball Coach that survived this level of scandal and stayed at the program?
June 20, 20179 yr Just Louisville? I don't see UK or Duke fans abandoning ship if this had happened to their teams. I certainly wouldn't. I'd be disappointed and embarrassed for the Kentucky program but wouldn't stop me from cheering for UK to win basketball games.
June 20, 20179 yr I certainly wouldn't. I'd be disappointed and embarrassed for the Kentucky program but wouldn't stop me from cheering for UK to win basketball games. This. If this happened at Kentucky, I'd certainly still be a fan.
June 20, 20179 yr For those who think UL fans should find a new program to be a fan of, who do you suggest?
June 20, 20179 yr I certainly wouldn't. I'd be disappointed and embarrassed for the Kentucky program but wouldn't stop me from cheering for UK to win basketball games. Agreed. I do think I would want Pitino gone though. Not necessarily because of this alone but because this situation coupled with his other past issues make UL look incredibly weak by keeping him. We always say no one person is bigger than the program. It appears to me that Rick Pitino is bigger than UL. The man survived cheating on his wife at an Italian restaurant and then offered to pay for the abortion...let that sink in for a bit. If he made it through that, he can keep his job through anything else short of murder.
June 20, 20179 yr For those who think UL fans should find a new program to be a fan of, who do you suggest? Baylor ?
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.