Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NCAA to release UofL report today

Featured Replies

What role do the recent audits of YUM and the various UL sports employees play in this story?

 

It seems systemic beyond the hookers story.

  • Replies 228
  • Views 34.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What role do the recent audits of YUM and the various UL sports employees play in this story?

 

It seems systemic beyond the hookers story.

 

Perfect storm. It's a mess around here and nobody wants to look too hard because everyone has their hands in the cookie jar.

 

It's easy to forget the log list of developers and businesses and politicians who pushed hard to get UofL the sweetheart deal they got to move into the Yum Center because those business and political interests really wanted the arena downtown despite Jurich wanting to build something on campus.

 

Lots of different people working their way in for taxpayer-assisted development. The Yum Center mess is just the start of it.

Perfect storm. It's a mess around here and nobody wants to look too hard because everyone has their hands in the cookie jar.

 

It's easy to forget the log list of developers and businesses and politicians who pushed hard to get UofL the sweetheart deal they got to move into the Yum Center because those business and political interests really wanted the arena downtown despite Jurich wanting to build something on campus.

 

Lots of different people working their way in for taxpayer-assisted development. The Yum Center mess is just the start of it.

Wasn't the famous Jim Host one of the main players?

Wasn't the famous Jim Host one of the main players?

 

Yes he was.

  • Author

No way ANY Louisville fan should be criticized for not jumping to another team. Stick with your team/school!

 

It's not hypocritical for fans to be upset or even bash the team/school for what has gone on and still root for them. If the same thing was going on at my favorite school I'd be mad and probably a little embarrassed as a fan but I'd never leave them for another team.

I know its been stated many times, but if they dont come down as hard or harder on their favorites the UNC Tarheels then the NCAA should be dissolved. What happened at UofL was morally horrible (I wish I was good enough to be recruited in that time period) and apparently an NCAA violation. But UNC gave false classes with false grades for decades!!! And their only argument is "Well it was a fake class for all students not just athletes".

I dont think UL fans should totally jump ship , but there have been a sizeable number who , from the get go , said the story was a hoax , then said nothing would come of it , then said it was just overzealous UK fans making stuff up , and the excuses continued to roll , now its " appeal appeal appeal" and the whole group of them look so bad it isnt even comical , its just sad . Yes support your school but take some ownership on what a hot mess of garbage the mens hoops is , and what a shell of a person Rick Pitino has became . If it happened at UK , I'd be saying my fandom is on hold until the head coach is fired .

I dont think UL fans should totally jump ship , but there have been a sizeable number who , from the get go , said the story was a hoax , then said nothing would come of it , then said it was just overzealous UK fans making stuff up , and the excuses continued to roll , now its " appeal appeal appeal" and the whole group of them look so bad it isnt even comical , its just sad . Yes support your school but take some ownership on what a hot mess of garbage the mens hoops is , and what a shell of a person Rick Pitino has became . If it happened at UK , I'd be saying my fandom is on hold until the head coach is fired .

 

The problem with that statement, is the person who would do the firing is Jurich. And Jurich has already proven he's willing to "look the other way" (with Pitino's first indiscretion, then the Petrino hiring). And the university President is willing to "look the other way" regarding Jurich, because of the money machine he's turned the athletic department into.

 

Jurich is is the root of the problem. He, as well as Pitino, would have lost their jobs at any other university a year ago. Both should be canned, and the university should start anew.

Someone needs to retake control of this university.

Someone needs to retake control of this university.

Bevin has tried but those pesky courts are in his way.

I've stayed out of this because while I have thrown jabs at my friends who are UL grads in good fun I know I don't know posters on here like that. I do think it is silly to think Cards fans should quit rooting.

 

Yes. Looks like Jones had it first but everyone's running with it now.

 

Now that the investigation is over and the NCAA has published its findings, I don't see anything wrong with him writing to supporters.

 

I actually believe him on this. I don't think he knew anything.

 

That DOES NOT absolve him of responsibility. It's his job to know, the new NCAA rules are crystal clear on that.

 

I'm still surprised that a longer suspension for him wasn't in the penalties.

I too find it hard to believe that Pitino was aware of it all. That said, I think he deliberately tried "not to know" anything about these events.

 

I just find it hard to find him or anyone there as a "martyr" right now.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.