Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NCAA to release UofL report today

Featured Replies

McGee did not have the money to fund this adventure. Where did the money come from? To me, this is the key on who knows what.

  • Replies 228
  • Views 34.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I too find it hard to believe that Pitino was aware of it all. That said, I think he deliberately tried "not to know" anything about these events.

 

I just find it hard to find him or anyone there as a "martyr" right now.

 

This is how I've always felt about it, especially your first sentence.

McGee did not have the money to fund this adventure. Where did the money come from? To me, this is the key on who knows what.

 

It was a total of like $5800. McGee absolutely would've, or could've, financed it.

It was a total of like $5800. McGee absolutely would've, or could've, financed it.

 

And that was over the course of years, not a short period.

And that was over the course of years, not a short period.

 

And he was making 6 figures with free housing and food after playing presumably tax free basketball overseas for a year or two.

McGee did not have the money to fund this adventure. Where did the money come from? To me, this is the key on who knows what.

 

As others have said, he did have the money. He had plenty of it. That's the least mysterious part of this whole story.

I too find it hard to believe that Pitino was aware of it all. That said, I think he deliberately tried "not to know" anything about these events.

 

I just find it hard to find him or anyone there as a "martyr" right now.

 

Maybe they were afraid if pitino knew, he'd want to join the parties and that'd take the action away from the recruits

And he was making 6 figures with free housing and food after playing presumably tax free basketball overseas for a year or two.

 

Though I read that McGee was only making $32,000. He was not one of the main assistants, right?

Though I read that McGee was only making $32,000. He was not one of the main assistants, right?

 

His reported salary once he became operations manager was $105,000/yr.

His reported salary once he became operations manager was $105,000/yr.

 

I think I remember GT saying something about that being unheard of money for that position and for someone with his level of experience...

  • Author

So who set it up and more importantly paid the "Girls" after fall boy McGee was already gone?

 

"Coach Mike" or maybe Coach #3 from the report that complained about practice being bad because the players had been with strippers the night before? McGee is getting dumped on pretty hard, but looks like the NCAA report and the book call out at least two more assistants.

Matt Jones' interview with Katina Powell was interesting.

Matt Jones' interview with Katina Powell was interesting.

 

I haven't watched it, but it is hard for me to imagine it is interesting. She has one story to tell and she has told it. I know Jones has a relationship with her, but it feels like he has milked this one dry.

  • Author
I haven't watched it, but it is hard for me to imagine it is interesting. She has one story to tell and she has told it. I know Jones has a relationship with her, but it feels like he has milked this one dry.

 

I think he interviewed her again because some of the stuff in the NCAA report was beyond what she had ever said. Also clarified the scope of the parties which hadn't been talked about much.

Matt Jones' interview with Katina Powell was interesting.

 

I have it on my DVR but haven't watched it yet. I expect it to be interesting.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.