Ryle 2017

Ram

Tell me 2020, What do Trinity, St X (Kentucky), St. X (Ohio) Elder, Lasalle, Moeller, Indy Cathedral all have in common. These are definitely power house programs that on any given year could be rank in Top 25 programs in the nation. Scott County currently is the only game in town in that area. Lafayette has had unbelievable talent the last few years.

To Bash SK or Ryle as not being able to compete is just plain silly, you silly BIRD! Give SK the top 10 players off of Scott and Dixie, Give Ryle the Top ten off Cooper, Conner and Boone. Now you have evened the playing field with the above mentioned schools! Imagine what the Ryle team would have done with all those players last year! Quit whining 2020 bluebirddad!

What am I whining about???? all I have said is they won't compete with the big boys.... I'm not sure of your point in arguing that. All I said was they will be fine in nky and lose to the traditional powers. Do you have a reason to believe that won't be the case this year? If so, I'd love to hear it... why will things be different this fall?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No teams outside of Louisville and occasionally SC will beat T until the number of kids to pull from evens up. Not crying and complaining you play the hand you are dealt but if you look at it, Cooper, for example is in 6A and has somewhere around 600 or so boys in their school. T has 2.5 times more boys in their school, roughly. That alone is tough to overcome. It will take a special public school team and T to have an off night for that to happen in my opinion

Actually, Ryle has 858 and Trinity has 1294, both four year average numbers.

But, here is the question, why isn't St. Xavier winning all the games, they are the biggest school for male enrollment in the state?

Why isn't Henry Class beating everyone? They have 1150 males in their school? How about Dunbar with 1100?

http://khsaa.org/football/realignment/20152018/FourYearEnrollmentsbyDraftClass.pdf

Actually, Ryle has 858 and Trinity has 1294, both four year average numbers.

But, here is the question, why isn't St. Xavier winning all the games, they are the biggest school for male enrollment in the state?

Why isn't Henry Class beating everyone? They have 1150 males in their school? How about Dunbar with 1100?

http://khsaa.org/football/realignment/20152018/FourYearEnrollmentsbyDraftClass.pdf

In theory, SK should have a much better pool of talent than any Boone County school since the BC district doesn't have the open enrollment that Kenton County has. But Trinity and St. X have a tremendous advantage over any public school.

Edited by Ram
Rule 4

In theory, SK should have a much better pool of talent than any Boone County school since the BC district doesn't have the open enrollment that Kenton County has. But Trinity and St. X have a tremendous advantage over any public school.

Remember, the KHSAA Rules are the SAME for every school in KY. Some schools (or school systems) impose additional restrictions on their own school/s but again the KHSAA Rules are exactly the SAME for every school.

Ryle players camping all over the country. U of L, UK, WKU, EKU, UC, OSU, Ohio, UC, Tennessee, Northwestern, Western MI, Central MI, Ferris State, Wofford, Harvard, Purdue, Grand Valley and even Northern Arizona. Still more to come. Many players trying improve and get noticed. Busy summer for the Raiders

Ryle players camping all over the country. U of L, UK, WKU, EKU, UC, OSU, Ohio, UC, Tennessee, Northwestern, Western MI, Central MI, Ferris State, Wofford, Harvard, Purdue, Grand Valley and even Northern Arizona. Still more to come. Many players trying improve and get noticed. Busy summer for the Raiders

I have been following along a little too, kudos to all the Raider players working hard.

I am really concerned about Ryle this year, it was mentioned above but replacing a D1 QB is their biggest hurdle. Additionally, I thought Ryle lacked team speed last year.

Moving ahead, that is a killer schedule so whoever is in charge at Ryle has very high expectations for 2017.

I have been following along a little too, kudos to all the Raider players working hard.

I am really concerned about Ryle this year, it was mentioned above but replacing a D1 QB is their biggest hurdle. Additionally, I thought Ryle lacked team speed last year.

Moving ahead, that is a killer schedule so whoever is in charge at Ryle has very high expectations for 2017.

Some of the players told me that the new QB is coming along nicely. Throwing a very good ball and anticipating nicely. Not many QB's of Morgans quality, but he will do very well. Chisholm at RB and in the slot at WR from time to time. Thier D is bigger than last year. A ton of experience coming back at D backfield and LB. They will be bigger on the D Line than last year. Oline has 4 returning starters. The tough schedule will surely get them ready for playoffs.

Some of the players told me that the new QB is coming along nicely. Throwing a very good ball and anticipating nicely. Not many QB's of Morgans quality, but he will do very well. Chisholm at RB and in the slot at WR from time to time. Thier D is bigger than last year. A ton of experience coming back at D backfield and LB. They will be bigger on the D Line than last year. Oline has 4 returning starters. The tough schedule will surely get them ready for playoffs.

What do they have coming back on D? I thought that was where they were going to be hit the hardest outside of losing Morgan. I know they lose their top DB in Cooper and their top two LB's in High and Demetrakis, help a brother out lol

The defense got hit hard by graduation.

Demetrakis LB

High LB

Pendleton DT

Sandmann DE

Scherr DB

Turner LB

All of these players were incredibly responsible for their success in 2016.

It will be extremely hard to play at the level they played at.

The schedule will be rough this year and they will take some lumps but you have to play the big boys if you want to get better. Kudos to the coaching staff for the scheduling. I think it will prepare them for the playoffs and the future.

Time will tell as with most things, but I don't think speed will be the issue as much as the QB question mark this year. I'm sure Jake will do fine at QB. He is a smart kid that works hard. I don't think they need him to win the games just not lose it for them early on. I think you'll have some wildcat options as well as the playbook opens up some.

As far as speed on offense, everyone knows about Chiz's freaky speed playing RB you will have Kyle England (Soph) a big fast track kid that should be getting some touches in the backfield as well. You'll also have two speedsters in 5'10 170 Sr WR Easton Pilyer returning and Highlands transfer 6'0 185 Soph Hunter Ahlfeld at WR.

Also, having a legit D1 kicker helps too! :)