Chili Peppers at US Bank Arena Friday night

I caught them in 2012 and thought the show was okay.

My brother went to the Louisville show Tuesday and he thought they were incredible.

Hopefully all of you that do go have a great experience.

Brother in law saw them in Louisville and said they were awesome. Had two opening acts he said were terrible though. They came on stage around 9:15. I hate unknown opening acts. Probably try to get to our seats before 9

Brother in law saw them in Louisville and said they were awesome. Had two opening acts he said were terrible though. They came on stage around 9:15. I hate unknown opening acts. Probably try to get to our seats before 9

On the other hand, I live for the thrill of unknown opening acts. Sometimes they can be a pleasant surprise.

Every single one of your favorite bands once began as a warmup. Even if you're not familiar with their songs just yet, soak in as much of their show as you can because you don't want to kick yourself a couple of years from now when they blow up, but you decided to blow them off because you had never heard of them before. You never heard of RHCP before either, and there was a time that you didn't know any of their songs.

Sometimes if you familiarize yourself a bit with something about the warmup acts it can make seeing them more interesting.

Whether you're aware of it or not, everything you like grew on you subconsciously before one day you thought "Hey I dig this song", without realizing that it's the 4th time that you've heard it because you paid it no mind the first 3 times, but now it's ingrained in you so much that it's felt like it's always been apart of you.

Formed in 2012, L.A. band IRONTOM is described as having influences ranging from Arctic Monkeys to Led Zeppelin, the music exhibits a variety of styles and sounds on top of a classic songwriting sensibility. The five band members combine to form an undeniably powerful and energetic sound.

IRONTOM dropped their first full length "Partners" on May 5, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdL4BHRoCx0

Jack Irons (3rd act on the bill) is an American drummer and multi-instrumentalist . He is best known as the founding drummer of Red Hot Chili Peppers, and as a former member of Pearl Jam and The Wallflowers.

He's also worked with Joe Strummer of The Clash, and The Les Claypool Frog Brigade.

Jack Irons was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame as a member of the Red Hot Chili Peppers. on April 14th, 2012. Between all the bands that he's been involved with he's been the drummer on about 35 albums including his 3 solo records.

Don't you dare miss a Rock and Roll Hall of Fame drummer just because you previously had never heard of him before. You get your butt to U.S. Bank arena promptly at showtime with beverage-in-hand to check out every note, drum beat, and fill that this guy has to offer and let him trip you out during your fresh beer buzz.

...And when no one sitting around you knows who he is you turn to them and let them know that he's not a nobody like they had thought, and enlighten them with his RHCP and Pearl Jam connection.

Bottom line: You're paying good bucks to go to this show, might as well make the most of it.

One more connection that I just came across is that the lead guitarist Zach Irons for "IRONTOM" just happens to be opener Jack Irons' son who learned how to play guitar from long time former RHCP guitarist great John Frusciante.

I had never heard of any of the warmups before, but it's kinda cool to connect the dots, and to find that all three acts are somehow connected.

My OCD wouldn't allow me to go without mentioning this to you once I discovered it. :lol2:

Enjoy the show!

For me it was top two all time I've been to. Old Crow Medicine show two years ago would be up there as well.

Got there and checked out IronTom for a few songs, color me unimpressed. Lead singer trying to hard to channel his inner Mick Jagger. They were loud though.

RHCP did not dissapoint one bit. Full speed energy from start to finish. The light show stole the show though. Do yourself a favor and google their light show. I spent as much time watching the lights as I did the show. Only disappointment was when the show was over. They were loud and on point. And still in phenomenal shape for being in their 50s.

For me it was top two all time I've been to. Old Crow Medicine show two years ago would be up there as well.

Got there and checked out IronTom for a few songs, color me unimpressed. Lead singer trying to hard to channel his inner Mick Jagger. They were loud though.

RHCP did not dissapoint one bit. Full speed energy from start to finish. The light show stole the show though. Do yourself a favor and google their light show. I spent as much time watching the lights as I did the show. Only disappointment was when the show was over. They were loud and on point. And still in phenomenal shape for being in their 50s.

Glad the show was good, and I get where you're coming from on IronTom. Seems like the band is solid from the videos, but the lead singer looks out of place and hard to watch. IMO they'd do better to find a lead dude who didn't come off as so amateurish, forgettable, and cringe worthy.