KHSAA Football Finals Moved to UK for 2017 & 2018

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think the word "void" sounds right, but may be a correct terminology for it.

There is likely an early termination clause in the agreement.

As risk adverse as KHSAA is, can't imagine them not being on solid ground to terminate it.

I have been to Campbellsville Univ. and they have a marker that says it is the center of KY. Don't know if that true but they have a marker on campus.

We are talking population, but the geographic center isn't campbellsville either.

Think they are staying with 2 games each day.

BOOOOO!!!!!

I loved the day filled with football. There was always something enjoyable about getting breakfast, then watching football. Then getting lunch, then watching football. Then watching football, and then getting dinner and some drinks.

We are talking population, but the geographic center isn't campbellsville either.

Found this out.

The geographic center of Kentucky, according to old Kentucky Transportation Cabinet road maps, is in Marion county about three miles northwest of Lebanon on KY 429.

Campbellsville in Taylor county also claims to be the geographic center of the state and there is a marker on the campus of Campbellsville University.

To me I will attend the games no madder were the geographic center or the population. I love watching High School football so I will be in attendance. I've talked to a couple of kids that play High School football and they like that it is a Kroger Field. But to them they just want to get to the State Finals no madder were it is.

Don't know about other states but VA plays a couple of theirs at Liberty in Lynchburg.

They may have in the past.

Last year, they played their six games at 3 sites:

Salem Stadium, Salem (where the NCAA D3 championships were now formerly held)

William & Mary

Hampton University

I was wrong as well, as the big school games at U of Va aren't done anymore, either.

Additionally, even though UK stinks in football and should be embarrassed by their lack of success, UK is still recognized as our Crown Jewel and I think playing the State Championships at UK is a really nice move.

Hopefully the games will be supported by larger crowds at UK.

I don't have an issue with the move.

I would not call UK the crown jewel though. Maybe they have more fans, but that doesn't make UK the crown jewel of football.

I, too, hope there is great fan support and it is successful. Because this is for the kids.

I don't have an issue with the move.

I would not call UK the crown jewel though. Maybe they have more fans, but that doesn't make UK the crown jewel of football.

I, too, hope there is great fan support and it is successful. Because this is for the kids.

I'm thinking more as the University of Kentucky as a whole.