KHSAA Football Finals Moved to UK for 2017 & 2018

Not that I would ever have a say in where the games would be played, but I think it would be really cool to have them played at rotating venues as long as the schedule could be guaranteed ahead of time and it could accommodate the crowds these games draw. UofL one year, UK the next, WKU, EKU Murray or morehead. And it would be cool if my alma mater Georgetown could squeeze them all in.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the record, not a fan of UK, period! Not a fan of Lexington, Period! I think the stadium at (is it Paper or Plastic field), is to large of a setting. Remember these games are played the first weekend in December, the weather in Lexington will be like it is in BG possibly worse, so the "casual" fan is not going to venture out in that. Without a corporate sponsor, as of yet, ticket prices will with out question increase. That being said, I wish UK and Lexington the best as they move forward hosting these events, and WKU and BG became the enemy of their own success. Continue on Toppers!

For the record, not a fan of UK, period! Not a fan of Lexington, Period! I think the stadium at (is it Paper or Plastic field), is to large of a setting. Remember these games are played the first weekend in December, the weather in Lexington will be like it is in BG possibly worse, so the "casual" fan is not going to venture out in that. Without a corporate sponsor, as of yet, ticket prices will with out question increase. That being said, I wish UK and Lexington the best as they move forward hosting these events, and WKU and BG became the enemy of their own success. Continue on Toppers!

Well said. After my ranting the other day once the news broke, I've sat back and thought a bit. Would I rather have CCG games in BG or the high school championships? I'll take CCG games. Not even close.

Like you said, an enemy of their own success!