Bengals 53 Man Roster Projection

Wallace is able to drop down to the 4 technique in a pinch, and especially on rush downs. His versatility makes him attractive.

I realize that and I am a Wallace Gilberry fan. When he does line up at some form of DT it always looks funny to me because he is so much leaner than a typical DT.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see Hewitt making it. He plays limited amount of snaps. Cedric is too valuable on Special teams to cut over Hewitt. If they keep 7 WR's then he will be used less because of the wide open offense I think they are evolving to.

It depends on Hewitt, if we cut him what are we going do when we need someone to line up at FB because we need a couple of tough yards?

I don't have any stats but the last couple of years we have been really weak in short yardage situations when we run the ball and the defense knows we are probably going to run the ball.

I don't see Hewitt making it. He plays limited amount of snaps. Cedric is too valuable on Special teams to cut over Hewitt. If they keep 7 WR's then he will be used less because of the wide open offense I think they are evolving to.

Hewitt will still be on the team before either of the 2 back up TEs. Don't forget he is also very capable of playing TE, and honestly has looked good the opportunities he has gotten. One of the backup TEs will be gone if they keep 7 wrs.

It depends on Hewitt, if we cut him what are we going do when we need someone to line up at FB because we need a couple of tough yards?

I don't have any stats but the last couple of years we have been really weak in short yardage situations when we run the ball and the defense knows we are probably going to run the ball.

Hewitt will make the team over one of the backup TEs. One of them will get cut before him. He can play TE too. I think Kroft will be the one gone, because I feel like the coaches started to like the other TEs upside more as the season went on last year.

Hewitt will make the team over one of the backup TEs. One of them will get cut before him. He can play TE too. I think Kroft will be the one gone, because I feel like the coaches started to like the other TEs upside more as the season went on last year.

Does Kroft or Uzomah have Practice Squad eligibility?

Hewitt will still be on the team before either of the 2 back up TEs. Don't forget he is also very capable of playing TE, and honestly has looked good the opportunities he has gotten. One of the backup TEs will be gone if they keep 7 wrs.

Maybe, but he won't be on it over Peerman IMO. I still don't see Hewitt making it. I like Hewitt, he just does not play,

Maybe, but he won't be on it over Peerman IMO. I still don't see Hewitt making it. I like Hewitt, he just does not play,

I don't think Peerman and Hewitt relate to each other much when it comes to roster considerations.

Snap counts 2016

Uzomah 411

Kroft 374

Hewitt 221

If they valued Hewitt over those two at TE they would play him more there. The FB is a lost breed in the NFL and it looks like the Bengals are going to spread it out and fling it. Even less FB. It makes not sense to keep him if they do that and value the other two at TE more that him. And snap counts show they do.

He is a great story and has done all that is asked at seemingly a quality level. However, if he doesn't fit, he doesn't fit.

Snap counts 2016

Uzomah 411

Kroft 374

Hewitt 221

If they valued Hewitt over those two at TE they would play him more there. The FB is a lost breed in the NFL and it looks like the Bengals are going to spread it out and fling it. Even less FB. It makes not sense to keep him if they do that and value the other two at TE more that him. And snap counts show they do.

He is a great story and has done all that is asked at seemingly a quality level. However, if he doesn't fit, he doesn't fit.

It all depends on if we want Hewitt as a FB, obliviously the Bengals think the other two are better pure TEs.

It all depends on if we want Hewitt as a FB, obliviously the Bengals think the other two are better pure TEs.

The only way I see them valuing the FB next year is if they are moving the Cowher method of throwing to get the lead then pound it to hold it. They may be leaning that way, also, but I doubt it. They are going to be different offensively. They have to be. They were not good last year. The spread fits AD well and the receiver skill set we have now. One thing AD does well is release it quickly and on time. Ideal for the spread. With our o-line that looks like the memo, also. Look where the young tackles played A & M and Oregon. Everything is just leaning towards the spread.

Snap counts 2016

Uzomah 411

Kroft 374

Hewitt 221

He hasn't had to play TE because they had 3 other guys as backups. This year will be different if they do the 7 wr route. Hewitt versatility is why he will make it over one of them. The Bengals love players who can play multiple spots. Hewitt is more than capable of playing TE. So while they may be doing away with true fullback. He has never been a true fullback anyways and always considered more of a H back. So if it comes down to have a 3rd string Te who only plays TE. Or a third string TE who can also be an effective fullback on the few plays they run a fullback, then it makes sense to keep him.

Right now snap wise they were able to afford to keep 3 TEs and a FB. So he only needed to play fb. Now that the roster may not be able to keep 4 spots for that. His versatility will be the reason he makes it over one of the backup TEs.

I guess we shall see come August. That question will be answered then.

The only way I see them valuing the FB next year is if they are moving the Cowher method of throwing to get the lead then pound it to hold it. They may be leaning that way, also, but I doubt it. They are going to be different offensively. They have to be. They were not good last year. The spread fits AD well and the receiver skill set we have now. One thing AD does well is release it quickly and on time. Ideal for the spread. With our o-line that looks like the memo, also. Look where the young tackles played A & M and Oregon. Everything is just leaning towards the spread.

Agreed here and would be true if Hewitt was a true fullback. Hewitt is not a true fullback. He is more of a typical H back. A guy who can block but also catch. That spot will be valued by the Bengals more on who they keep on the roster, if it comes down to him or a third string TE on who makes it. Especially since they probably can get their 7th round pick who plays te to slide into a practice squad spot. I doubt he would get picked up to an active roster by some team, since he was almost undrafted.