Pres. Clinton and Bin Laden, The TRUTH! - Sunday night

Funny how when you read this part of the interview that will appear tomorrow, then actually read the 9/11 Commission report, which by the way Bush and his people did not want, that it all is the same. Several, several other parts to this interview that are great, and how Clinton shows and proves what really happened. I have a friend who is very involved with the republican party who was just like the people Clinton was talking about in this part of the interview, first he said Clinton was too worried about Bin Laden, then when it's convenient he used the 9/11 events to say Clinton didn't do enough. But, after I invited him over to "discuss" the 9/11 Commission findings, he came to the conclusion Clinton was right. ;)

Why must the republicans add "garbage" to bills to try to show the other side is weak on security? To add stuff that 170,000 Americans would lose their jobs to if the bill passes just to try and point fingers that the other side is weak? I agree with Bill, Rove is smart, and he sees that the people believe him and his garbage that the democrats are weak on security, so ever election year Rove brings it back up, it will depend on if people still buy into this and if the republicans scare enough people as they have in the past.

"WALLACE: …but the question is why didn't you do more, connect the

dots and put them out of business?

CLINTON: OK, let's talk about it. I will answer all of those things

on the merits but I want to talk about the context in which this…

arises. I'm being asked this on the FOX network…ABC just had a right

wing conservative on the Path to 9/11 falsely claim that it was

based on the 9/11 commission report with three things asserted

against me that are directly contradicted by the 9/11 commission

report. I think it's very interesting that all the conservative

Republicans who now say that I didn't do enough, claimed that I was

obsessed with Bin Laden. All of President Bush's neocons claimed

that I was too obsessed with finding Bin Laden when they didn't have

a single meeting about Bin Laden for the nine months after I left

office. All the right wingers who now say that I didn't do enough

said that I did too much. Same people.

They were all trying to get me to withdraw from Somalia in 1993 the

next day after we were involved in Black Hawk down and I refused to

do it and stayed 6 months and had an orderly transfer to the UN.

Ok, now let's look at all the criticisms: Black Hawk down, Somalia.

There is not a living soul in the world who thought that Bin Laden

had anything to do with Black Hawk down or was paying any attention

to it or even knew al Qaeda was a growing concern in October of 1993.

WALLACE: …I understand…

CLINTON: No wait…no wait…Don't tell me. You asked me why I didn't do

more to Bin Laden. There was not a living soul…all the people who

criticized me wanted to leave the next day. You brought this up so

you get an answer.

WALLACE: I'm perfectly happy to. Bin Laden says…

CLINTON: And secondly…

WALLACE: Bin Laden says…

CLINTON: Bin laden may have said that…

WALLACE: Bin Laden says it showed the weakness of the US…

CLINTON: It would have shown the weakness if we left right away but

he wasn't involved in that. That's just a bunch of bull. That was

about Mohammed Adid, a Muslim war lord murdering..thousands of

Pakistani Muslim troops. We were all there on a humanitarian

mission. We had not one mission — none — to establish a certain kind

of Somali government or to keep anybody out. He was not a religious

fanatic."

Preach on Brother Bill.:thumb:

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is it that everythng has to become political. 9/11 wasn't Clinton's fault nor was it Bush's fault. I am not a Bill Clinton fan but I don't for one second believe that he wouldn't stop 9/11 if he could.

Scooterbob, that bumper sticker was actually on Monica's car.

The bumper sticker RebelK refers to was on Hillary's car.

No. That bumper sticker would be on my car if I could find one. The one thing that everyone hops back to, when it comes to Bill, is that Monica claptrap junk. I just betcha if any person in this land was having an affair, and if they were asked the very same question that he was ask, they would stand right there and lie also. I'm not saying that what he did was right, but it sure isn't any of my business, nor anyone elses business. I'll also bet everyone this, He isn't/wasn't/and won't be the only person who has ever done what he did. He isn't/wasn't/and won't be the only person who is in Washington making laws that has done this and far worse. I shutter to think about all the things that's been done in that oval office and I pray that I never have to hear about them. I just wish I could have been there while "smirky" Wallace was doing that interview so I could have given Bill a standing ovation. I was proud to vote for Bill once. I was thrilled to vote for him a second time and I would be honored to vote for him a third time if I could. I am also proud to say that the only time I ever watch Fox news is when I happen to pass by it while Changing channels (except of course when Bill goes ape on Wallace).

I'm sure it was a unique interview. Keith Olbermann and the others who have "questioned" Clinton (like Larry King, Matt Lauer, and "Pretty, Perky" Katie Couric) actually do nothing more than play "kissie bottom" with him. Those who want to believe his version of events will do so regardless of circumstances. That, in light of "The Slicksters" track record for honesty, is debatable. Of course, I guess it depends on your definition of "is" as well as of "are", "was", "were", "honesty", "distraction", "truth", and a number of other apparently hard to define words

On the other hand, I can see why he blames Bush. After all, Bush had 233 days to get Bin Laden and "Honest Bill" only had 2,922 days to do so. Also, the first Twin Towers attack, the embassy bombings, the attack on the U.S. Cole, etc. would not be reasons for suspicion or action (other than with Monica, of course), would they? On second thought, I believe "Honest Bill" is probably an oxymoron.

I'm sure it was a unique interview. Keith Olbermann and the others who have "questioned" Clinton (like Larry King, Matt Lauer, and "Pretty, Perky" Katie Couric) actually do nothing more than play "kissie bottom" with him. Those who want to believe his version of events will do so regardless of circumstances. That, in light of "The Slicksters" track record for honesty, is debatable. Of course, I guess it depends on your definition of "is" as well as of "are", "was", "were", "honesty", "distraction", "truth", and a number of other apparently hard to define words

On the other hand, I can see why he blames Bush. After all, Bush had 233 days to get Bin Laden and "Honest Bill" only had 2,922 days to do so. Also, the first Twin Towers attack, the embassy bombings, the attack on the U.S. Cole, etc. would not be reasons for suspicion or action (other than with Monica, of course), would they? On second thought, I believe "Honest Bill" is probably an oxymoron.

Actually, w has been, or hasn't been, depending on what day you ask him, searching for Bin Laden for going on 6 years now. But not to worry, UBL will die of old age in Pakastan, where they just agreeded to a peace treaty with the tallaban, yet they are supposed to be our allies. So it's a fact you can't trust what w says either.

Preach on Brother Bill.:thumb:

:rolleyes:

Everything that Bill Clinton says is worthless drivel whose sole purpose is to make himself look good. Always was; Always will be. This interview is just another example. Clinton's artfully interweaves facts with misdirection while skillfully preventing the interviewer from responding. Clinton points out that Bin Laden wasn't in Somolia when the BlackHawk incident occured as if that was a "gotcha" to his critics. Not only does Clinton conveniently ignore the major thrust of his detractors' criticism of BlackHawk down, he interupts the interviewer to ensure that he doesn't have to answer to that criticism. Bin Laden is on record as saying that the BlackHawk down incident was evidence of the weakness of the United States, a conclusion that does not now nor has ever required Bin Laden to be in Somolia. It's a fact Clinton's reponse to BlackHawk down emboldened Bin Laden. I am at a loss to explain why pointing out a fact (Bin Laden wasn't in Somolia) that Clinton's critics have never disputed passes for a convincing argument against Clinton's display of weakness.

:rolleyes:

Everything that Bill Clinton says is worthless drivel whose sole purpose is to make himself look good. Always was; Always will be. This interview is just another example. Clinton's artfully interweaves facts with misdirection while skillfully preventing the interviewer from responding. Clinton points out that Bin Laden wasn't in Somolia when the BlackHawk incident occured as if that was a "gotcha" to his critics. Not only does Clinton conveniently ignore the major thrust of his detractors' criticism of BlackHawk down, he interupts the interviewer to ensure that he doesn't have to answer to that criticism. Bin Laden is on record as saying that the BlackHawk down incident was evidence of the weakness of the United States, a conclusion that does not now nor has ever required Bin Laden to be in Somolia. It's a fact Clinton's reponse to BlackHawk down emboldened Bin Laden. I am at a loss to explain why pointing out a fact (Bin Laden wasn't in Somolia) that Clinton's critics have never disputed passes for a convincing argument against Clinton's display of weakness.

6 years now. Where is Bin Laden? tic toc tic toc tic toc

6 years now. Where is Bin Laden? tic toc tic toc tic toc

Actually the question is:

Is Bin Laden still an active threat?

If Bin Laden is dead, he is not an active threat. If he spends all his time in a cave without any communicating to the outside world for fear of being discovered he's not much of a threat and he might as well be dead. If he is capable of both communicating and directing Al Queda then he is still a threat. It's very difficult to determine his actual status so it's very difficult to determine the significance of not knowing his location.