US drops largest non-nuclear bomb in Afghanistan after Green Beret killed

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How do they know, there could be 100's of them buried 800 feet deep.

It was also reported that there are thought to be less than 1000 Isis fighters remaining in Eastern Afghanistan. The number has been reduced by about 2/3rds. due to US air strikes over the past 2 years. I credit the Obama administration for the reduction.

It was also reported that there are thought to be less than 1000 Isis fighters remaining in Eastern Afghanistan. The number has been reduced by about 2/3rds. due to US air strikes over the past 2 years. I credit the Obama administration for the reduction.

That is in part because many of them are living with us in the USA, not because they killed them. I also credit the Obama administration for this.

That is in part because many of them are living with us in the USA, not because they killed them. I also credit the Obama administration for this.

You may believe whatever you like, that's your prerogative. If you know where these Isis members are living you should turn them in.

Though I can sometimes accept it as a necessary evil, no matter the atrocities of whoever we might have to bomb, the pacifist in me will never "glorify" it.

Been this way with me ever since I was a kid watching my friends play with army men and building forts all for the sake of dropping something on them to blow them to smithereens. They also had a fascination with toy machine guns and war games that I just could never find the joy in.

The draft was dropped when I was around 7 or 8 and I was overjoyed because previous to that I was petrified to think that one day I would be forced to go to war.

My Dad was in both WW II and the Korean War, and while most of my friends seemed to romanticize about their father's days in the service, I did not. I respect him for it, and understand the need for a military.

I suppose that to carry out such an act one must have to have a "Blow the hell out of em" mentality. I also suppose that it's a good thing that there is no shortage of leaders who feel this way because a country lead by pacifists will also likely be a country that gets walked on.

I don't much appreciate that we live in a world that since the beginning of time war has been regarded as the solution, and though it is, and is sometimes the only effective action, you will never find me "cheering" about it even if I agree that it needed to be.