It appears the Democrats have enough votes to filibuster Neil Gorsuch confirmation.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Changing the rules to win.Yeah this says so much.

Just following the Democrats precedence. It's all good.

In addition, can name the last time a supreme court justice was not confirmed? The republicans played along with far more liberal Kagan and Sotomayor, than Gorsuch is conservative. The Dems are digging their own grave. I just can't wait for them to fall in it.

Just following the Democrats precedence. It's all good.

In addition, can name the last time a supreme court justice was not confirmed? The republicans played along with far more liberal Kagan and Sotomayor, than Gorsuch is conservative. The Dems are digging their own grave. I just can't wait for them to fall in it.

And refusing to even bring a Supreme Court nomination to the floor is playing along??

And refusing to even bring a Supreme Court nomination to the floor is playing along??

They followed the Biden Doctrine from when he said a president in the final year of his term shouldn't name a Supreme Court nominee.

They were the majority party. They could do what they wanted. Just like when Reid envoked the nuclear option. When they were in the minority, they definitely played along with Supreme Court picks.

I would say that the last election showed that Americans wanted change from the status quo and currently all BOTH sides are doing is maintaining the status quo. Every one wants one side to give a little when it's their side demanding the other side give.

So democrats will be the opposite of the status quo. Republicans would be ahead if they extended a hand to democrats.

They followed the Biden Doctrine from when he said a president in the final year of his term shouldn't name a Supreme Court nominee.

Please research what you are accusing Biden of...it's not close to what you are saying.

So democrats will be the opposite of the status quo. Republicans would be ahead if they extended a hand to democrats.

You mean like they did when they rammed Obamacare down our throats. The Democrats are every bit as guilty of ideological inflexibility as the Republicans are.

Please research what you are accusing Biden of...it's not close to what you are saying.

You seem to think I am wrong in my thinking, that Joe Biden didn't say that a president in his final year shouldn't name a Supreme Court nominee, please educate me.

You mean like they did when they rammed Obamacare down our throats. The Democrats are every bit as guilty of ideological inflexibility as the Republicans are.

You are right and they lost elections. The same will happen to Republicans.

You seem to think I am wrong in my thinking, that Joe Biden didn't say that a president in his final year shouldn't name a Supreme Court nominee, please educate me.

Biden argued if a judge stepped down in July or August in an election year.

Joe Biden in 1992: No nominations to the Supreme Court in an election year - The Washington Post

McConnell had all year. They followed the Biden doctrine and added 6 months.

Edited by Colonels_Wear_Blue
Terms of Service

Joe Biden in 1992: No nominations to the Supreme Court in an election year - The Washington Post

Doesn't matter if it's February or July, it's still the last year.

Rule #14

Haha you are so partisan even when it's in black and white you won't admit it.

Rule #14

Doesn't matter if it's February or July, it's still the last year.

Haha you are so partisan even when it's in black and white you won't admit it.

I'll own it, but there is some gray in there. 4 months of confirmation proceedings would be smack dab in the head of an election.