It appears the Democrats have enough votes to filibuster Neil Gorsuch confirmation.

I am being a realist, not an idealist. I don't think anyone would change how they vote if either side did it. Just like no one is going to change their vote when Mitch goes nuclear to get Gorsuch seated. This political maneuvering is a non factor in how someone will vote in two years.

1. Voters in fly over states have continued to switch what party they vote for. That is just a statistical fact.

2. Mitch has the backing knowing Republicans made the presidential election about this nomination. If Mitch did not go nuclear or attempt to he would be breaking a promise.

You are trying to make bad analogies. The executive fillbuster has not been around that long.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SC Justices shouldn't be able to be approved on an up-and-down vote.

You realize the judicial/executive fillibuster has a very short history? This isn't written into the constitution.

I said on this site in 2013 Harry Reid would live to regret this move. McConnell is rounding home to one of the best political plans slash moves in my lifetime. All the criticism he recieves he just proved his worth today.

You realize the judicial/executive fillibuster has a very short history? This isn't written into the constitution.

I said on this site in 2013 Harry Reid would live to regret this move. McConnell is rounding home to one of the best political plans slash moves in my lifetime. All the criticism he recieves he just proved his worth today.

He might even get my vote next time he's up...

First part is debatable and up to your interpretation of "short". To the second, and...?

Chuck Schumer, in no small part, owns this as much as Mitch. He voted to go nuclear on 2013. Shoe is on the other foot now.

I blame this on all the (D)'s and ®'s. Including those who continue to vote for them. It's also sad how many people complain about the partisanship but continue to vote for those parties...

I think Senator McConnell is a great politician but a vile human being. Only cares about himself and the betterment of his career.

And I would say the same thing about pretty much everyone serving in that body.