"The devil came here yesterday."

HHSDad

UNITED NATIONS - Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez took his verbal battle with the United States to the floor of the U.N. General Assembly on Wednesday, calling President Bush “the devil.”

“The devil came here yesterday,” Chavez said, referring to Bush’s address on Tuesday and making the sign of the cross. “He came here talking as if he were the owner of the world.”

Standing at the podium, Chavez quipped that a day after Bush’s appearance: “In this very spot it smells like sulfur still.”

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/14923411/

In other news, the Venezuelan Counselor offices in San Francisco and Boston have been overwhelmed by applications for amnesty. ;)

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just heard on the news that Chavez received a standing ovation during his speech at a New York College when he accused Bush of genocide. I didn't pay close attention to the name of the school, but I will follow up. Now he's in Harlem giving away fuel oil vouchers to residents.

Absolutely amazing how all of the worlds despots , murderers, thugs , racists,and dictators( you know, the U.N.) want to police the the United States all the while these same people and countries murder,torture,rape, and intimidate thier own citizens. The U.N. is an absolute disgrace and failure which should be disbanded. Is it just me or does a U.N. meeting resemble the bar scene in the movie STAR WARS ?

Isn't it amazing how safe they feel when in the United States. Would these comments be made if the UN met elsewhere? If were anywhere else they would be afraid to even convene. Coward. Is it politically correct to ask him if he wants to continue this outside?

Its politically correct in my book.

I would have ZERO problem with a complete economic boycott of his country. He wants a world without us, let him live in a world with funds that goes to his country from this country. Let him have his wish of a world without the US.

We do NOTHING with his country and any business that does gets HUGE fines.

I agree with that, but we have to become more independent of oil imports. Why can't we establish a Manhattan Project approach to developing alternative energy sources, while at the same time opening all of our known petroleum reserves by allowing responsible drilling everywhere possible.

While technologically amazing, the reconfiguring of gasoline burning engines to burn hydrogen is a relatively simple process. The automakers could convert easily enough, the environmentalists would be ecstatic since we would be trading carbon monoxide for water vapor, the energy companies could get onboard by developing technology allowing them to dispense liquefied hydrogen at their existing gas stations and best of all, we could tell the Middle East and Venezuela to take a hike. Let China buy their oil for pennies on the dollar.

I agree with that, but we have to become more independent of oil imports. Why can't we establish a Manhattan Project approach to developing alternative energy sources, while at the same time opening all of our known petroleum reserves by allowing responsible drilling everywhere possible.

While technologically amazing, the reconfiguring of gasoline burning engines to burn hydrogen is a relatively simple process. The automakers could convert easily enough, the environmentalists would be ecstatic since we would be trading carbon monoxide for water vapor, the energy companies could get onboard by developing technology allowing them to dispense liquefied hydrogen at their existing gas stations and best of all, we could tell the Middle East and Venezuela to take a hike. Let China buy their oil for pennies on the dollar.

I would prefer a Manhattan Project over a Mars Project.

I agree, and even more quickly we could be using more ethanol and bio fuels. Ethanol and bio fuels also eliminate net carbon dioxide emissions.