Eastern Kentucky 2017

UK#1fanisback

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The new coaching staff is definitely better at recruiting.

Going to have to call you out on that one. I think I know where you're going, recruiting KY kids is great, when they can play at that level. Unfortunately, the vast majority cannot. Take a look at the roster of some of these OVC schools (Jax State). They have transfers from SEC schools. Your 5'11 LB isn't going to be able to compete at this level, no matter how big his heart is.

IMO, recruiting KY kids at this level is a sign that Elder can't recruit the talent he needs to win in the OVC.

Going to have to call you out on that one. I think I know where you're going, recruiting KY kids is great, when they can play at that level. Unfortunately, the vast majority cannot. Take a look at the roster of some of these OVC schools (Jax State). They have transfers from SEC schools. Your 5'11 LB isn't going to be able to compete at this level, no matter how big his heart is.

IMO, recruiting KY kids at this level is a sign that Elder can't recruit the talent he needs to win in the OVC.

EKU has transfers from SEC schools and other D1 schools.

Transfers from.

WKU

UK

UConn

TexasTech

Arizona State

Louisville

Tennessee

Arkansas

Kentucky State

Central Florida

I don't see LSU, Alabama, Auburn, Texas, etc on your list. Big difference from being on scholly at LSU to a walk on at UConn my friend.

Either way, wish the Colonels luck. I just don't think they have the talent to compete and I doubt they will find it in KY and history is on my side.

I really like what EKU is doing in state, both with scholly and PWO offers. I would love to see them improve by getting more in state kids, get back to doing damage in the FCS playoffs.

On a side note does anyone know what EKU's average home attendance is? I can help but think it would improve with more KY kids on the roster.

Any updates on how practices are going for Vance or Carter?

I was at EKU in the late 70's and early 80's when making a National Championship run was an annual ritual in Richmond. At that time they had recruiting pipelines in Cincinnati and Florida and that's where the majority of their talent came from. It really wasn't with in-state kids. Great to see those opportunities for the KY boys, but history (both older and more recent) suggests that in-state talent just won't be enough.

The early eighties championship runs made it a fun time to be at EKU. I loved these guys: Steve(Corbin) & Tuck(Pineville)

tuck.jpg

And , of course, the Maestro( 3 sport star @ Corbin and '50 CHS grad):

RoyK.jpg

Edited by Science Friction

The early eighties championship runs made it a fun time to be at EKU. I loved these guys: Steve(Corbin) & Tuck(Pineville)

[ATTACH]63102[/ATTACH]

And , of course, the Maestro( 3 sport star @ Corbin and '50 CHS grad):

[ATTACH]63103[/ATTACH]

I was there from '81 to '85 and share your fondness for those glory years. Tuck and Bird were awesome. But so was Tron and Rodriguez and Terrence Thompson and Chris Issac.