Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

How Hot is Tom Crean's Seat?

Featured Replies

True, well sort of, I attended the NIT game against UNLV played at Memorial Coliseum. That turned out to be a unique thing to me given that the Cats had not played there in so long

 

Yeah. That team so frustrated me in 2009 that I gave up watching for "Lent." But I had to go back on it when they played UNLV because it was at Memorial. My wife said that I can't do that with Lent but I told her that God would understand. :thumb:

  • Replies 169
  • Views 24.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is that Shows waddling around and blowing a whistle in Atlanta tonight

Here's the scoop guys. First of all, i find it hilarious how worked up UK fans get over Indiana, still.

 

Ultimately, you have to look at it like this. Who is the best coach that Indiana can possibly have right now? That's the question we need to answer.

 

- Gregg Marshall - Is he really an upgrade? Really? I'm not buying it. And it doesn't move the meter for me either. Would I support the move, maybe. I wouldn't be dead against, but no chance any of you sitting out there really know if he's an upgrade. PLUS, I am leery of any dude who spells Greg with two g's. Just weird.

 

- Brad Stevens - Absolutely hysterical to me that any person thinks he has some mythical connection to IU simply b/c he coached at Butler. Not happening.

 

- Tom Crean - Has had a really decent run. Decent is the word I would apply to it. Up and down, take out the first 5 years, he couldn't recruit off campus for 4. And he has a pretty good record. Including a couple wins over the almighty Kentucky Wildcats. He had a young team. 1 Senior. Lost two of his 5 starters to injury. Had a really solid freshman class who were forced in to action before they were ready. They're good players, just weren't immediate impact guys.

 

The answer to the initial question is: Tom Crean. There's no real reason to get rid of him right now. They had a down year. Ok, it happens. I don't expect him to go anywhere, I can't possibly imagine him leaving on his own.

 

I guess we'll all just have to wait and see but it is funny how much time and energy some of you have put in to this.

 

This is how I felt when fans started calling for Billy G. to be fired. I think one of the hot names for his replacement at the time was Travis Ford.... I was ready to see Billy G. go but hated the thought of Travis Ford replacing him.

 

I think Crean should lose his job but you don't fire him unless you have a home run hire lined up.

Georgia Tech defeated Indiana 75-63. The Hoosiers finish the season at 18-16.

Here's the scoop guys. First of all, i find it hilarious how worked up UK fans get over Indiana, still.

 

Ultimately, you have to look at it like this. Who is the best coach that Indiana can possibly have right now? That's the question we need to answer.

 

- Gregg Marshall - Is he really an upgrade? Really? I'm not buying it. And it doesn't move the meter for me either. Would I support the move, maybe. I wouldn't be dead against, but no chance any of you sitting out there really know if he's an upgrade. PLUS, I am leery of any dude who spells Greg with two g's. Just weird.

 

- Brad Stevens - Absolutely hysterical to me that any person thinks he has some mythical connection to IU simply b/c he coached at Butler. Not happening.

 

- Tom Crean - Has had a really decent run. Decent is the word I would apply to it. Up and down, take out the first 5 years, he couldn't recruit off campus for 4. And he has a pretty good record. Including a couple wins over the almighty Kentucky Wildcats. He had a young team. 1 Senior. Lost two of his 5 starters to injury. Had a really solid freshman class who were forced in to action before they were ready. They're good players, just weren't immediate impact guys.

 

The answer to the initial question is: Tom Crean. There's no real reason to get rid of him right now. They had a down year. Ok, it happens. I don't expect him to go anywhere, I can't possibly imagine him leaving on his own.

 

I guess we'll all just have to wait and see but it is funny how much time and energy some of you have put in to this.

 

Little energy and hardly any work put into this, but a few thoughts:

 

If you don't think Gregg Marshall is an upgrade, then look more deeply. Check out the work Wichita has done over the years in the NCAA. Major upgrade.

 

I agree Brad Stevens is not an achievable hire for IU. Zero way he would take that job. He is coaching the Boston Celtics in the NBA, enough said.

 

IU went 18-16 this year without the loss UK would have added to that mark, and the Big 10 was down. Not bad, but down.

Seeing reports that IU AD Fred Glass said playing an NIT game at Assembly Hall would "devalue the arena" and therefore the game was moved to Georgia Tech. Is that true? If so, wow.

Seeing reports that IU AD Fred Glass said playing an NIT game at Assembly Hall would "devalue the arena" and therefore the game was moved to Georgia Tech. Is that true? If so, wow.

 

Their actions towards other fans devalue the arena much more than an NIT game would.

Their actions towards other fans devalue the arena much more than an NIT game would.

 

Do tell....You aren't still upset about the Kentucky game back in the 2011-2012 season, are you?

Do tell....You aren't still upset about the Kentucky game back in the 2011-2012 season, are you?

 

Oh no, I'm not upset at all. But I certainly understand why Kentucky refuses to play a home and home with them. It's a joy to watch them suffer now.

If they fire him it will be the first time EVER that a coach from a power 5 conference would be fired the year after winning the outright conference title.

 

Again, adding to how dumb this all is.

If they fire him it will be the first time EVER that a coach from a power 5 conference would be fired the year after winning the outright conference title.

 

Again, adding to how dumb this all is.

I am indifferent about it all, but I can't go to "dumb" for thinking it is a legit question. Crean was dealt a tough hand, but this is not year 4 of the rebuild we are talking about here. IU did win the conference title last year, but it came after under-performing the previous two seasons (after which many thought he was on a hot seat) and as noted the Hoosiers benefited with last year's schedule. This season started great, but the wheels fell off once they got to conference action and had some injury issues. That falls on Crean to somewhat right the ship in a down Big 10.

What does IU have coming in next season? Will they lose some of their main guys to the NBA?

If they fire him it will be the first time EVER that a coach from a power 5 conference would be fired the year after winning the outright conference title.

 

Again, adding to how dumb this all is.

 

You could also look at the fact that they just got bounced out of the NIT in the first round and have only made the NCAA tournament 2 of the past 4 years. A school like Indiana should be a lock for the NCAA virtually every year, as opposed to around 50% of the time.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.