Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

How Hot is Tom Crean's Seat?

Featured Replies

What does IU have coming in next season? Will they lose some of their main guys to the NBA?

 

I think they could lose a couple to the draft, but I'm not an IU guy so I may be wrong. As far as what is coming in they don't even have a top 35 class. I think they have a 4 star recruit and a couple of 3 stars. It's hard to get much done in the recruiting world when the coaches job security is not good. If Indiana isn't going to fire Crean they may as well just go ahead and give him an extension to help with recruiting.

 

That said if they do keep him I have a feeling the wheels are going to fall off next season in terms of a divided fanbase and apathy. My gut tells me that the real reason that IU declined their home game in the NIT was due to the amount of negativity within the fanbase. A half empty assembly hall would have made for a bad look on national tv, not to mention the barrage of boo's from the fans when they were down 15 with a minute left in the game.

  • Replies 169
  • Views 24.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You guys know IU is on spring break this week right? Thats why they didnt host the game.

You guys know IU is on spring break this week right? Thats why they didnt host the game.

 

I believe I sense sarcasm but since you didn't supply a sarcasm emoji I'll end with this. Why do they play games at home when they're on Christmas break? :idunno:

I believe I sense sarcasm but since you didn't supply a sarcasm emoji I'll end with this. Why do they play games at home when they're on Christmas break? :idunno:

 

Those games are schedule, some years in advance. Tournament games are not, specifically non NCAA tournament games, you have no idea if your home or not.

Those games are schedule, some years in advance. Tournament games are not, specifically non NCAA tournament games, you have no idea if your home or not.

 

Lol, what difference would it make? Given the fact that the game would have been at home for them it seems like under normal circumstances it would be easier for most fans to attend than a NCAA tourney road game. Most season ticket holders or anyone for that matter prepare for this time of year and are prepared to travel if need be to support their team. The fact that the game would have been in Bloomington would have been the best case scenario for IU fans to be able to attend.

Lol, what difference would it make? Given the fact that the game would have been at home for them it seems like under normal circumstances it would be easier for most fans to attend than a NCAA tourney road game. Most season ticket holders or anyone for that matter prepare for this time of year and are prepared to travel if need be to support their team. The fact that the game would have been in Bloomington would have been the best case scenario for IU fans to be able to attend.

 

You have to have staff to run the game. Its tournament week what would lead them to think they would have a home game?

You have to have staff to run the game. Its tournament week what would lead them to think they would have a home game?

 

What kind of staff do you need? If IU has professors running the workings of Assembly Hall then they're doing it all wrong. The fact that it's tournament week and they knew they weren't going to be in the NCAA tournament would be enough for them to know they were likely going to have a home game in the NIT. I'm sure the NIT spoke to them right after their loss in the BiG tournament to tell them the situation.

There are two times that I can recall UK hosting an NIT first round game in my lifetime.

 

2009. Memorial Coliseum. It's easier to pack 12,000 But it's not that much smaller than Assembly Hall.

 

1979. Rupp Arena vs Clemson. I was there. I think there were 18 to 20,000 there for the game. Of course it was a different era. Only 2 teams went to the NCAA from each conference and UK barely missed that NCAA bid by losing in OT to Tennessee in the SEC Tourney.

 

It doesn't bother me that IU didn't host an NIT game. I think the issue is the job Crean is or is not doing is the issue. It's been a roller coaster ride. From the pits to the Sweet 16 to disappointment with all they returned the next couple of years to last year's Sweet 16 and once more the NIT.

You have to have staff to run the game. Its tournament week what would lead them to think they would have a home game?
That is false. Students in Sports Information, Athletic Department, Facilities, etc., are told to be available because the NIT and NCAA (travel) is always an option. That had nothing to do with why they didn't host. Those kids don't go on Spring Break like regular Joe-Student. Baseball is already playing as well, believe me, the student workers / interns are available.

I'm happy for Blackmon. He can watch UK now and think of what could have been.

Eat a pizza and wish.

Indiana and Tom Crean have parted ways after nine seasons, the school announced on Thursday.

 

The Hoosiers went to the Sweet 16 three times in his tenure but have not made it to the NCAA tournament twice in the past four seasons -- including this past year despite beating Kansas and North Carolina early in the season.

 

Tom Crean out as coach of Indiana Hoosiers after nine seasons

I guess to answer the thread question, it officially got to the point of being as hot as humanly possible.

 

With the bounce back in 2011-2012, I think most felt he was the guy to return IU to prominence. The next season in a down college basketball landscape, IU underwhelmed all year and bowed out early despite being the per-season favorites. Something just never clicked.

Expect an announcement in the next 24 hours that Tom Crean is being terminated from Indiana University.

 

But he's not on the hot seat???? :idunno:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.