Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

How Hot is Tom Crean's Seat?

Featured Replies

University of Maryland in the B1G is basically on the edge of the DC limits

 

That was the first thing I thought of when I noticed where the games were being played. But the majority of the conference is much farther west. Are they catering the Turtles? My main thing is that tv revenue is likely going to be nearly the same no matter where they play it, as long as they stay inside the USA. But as far as ticket sales go, it makes no sense to me. It seems like Indy, Columbus, Chicago and Detroit would be obvious choices since they are more centrally located. Maybe I'm missing something..

  • Replies 169
  • Views 24.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That was the first thing I thought of when I noticed where the games were being played. But the majority of the conference is much farther west. Are they catering the Turtles? My main thing is that tv revenue is likely going to be nearly the same no matter where they play it, as long as they stay inside the USA. But as far as ticket sales go, it makes no sense to me. It seems like Indy, Columbus, Chicago and Detroit would be obvious choices since they are more centrally located. Maybe I'm missing something..

 

I don't centrally located matters when all of the teams fly everywhere any way. DC is a big market and good recruiting area that I'm sure the B1G would like to lock up or at least take a good chunk of. Touney being in DC may help drive interest in the conference...all of the cities you mentioned already eat breathe and sleep B1G basketball.

I don't centrally located matters when all of the teams fly everywhere any way. DC is a big market and good recruiting area that I'm sure the B1G would like to lock up or at least take a good chunk of. Touney being in DC may help drive interest in the conference...all of the cities you mentioned already eat breathe and sleep B1G basketball.

 

I was thinking of ticket sales.. Place was about half full for an Indiana game tonight. That's not normal. Indiana travels well, even in a bad year, so I can't imagine what the attendance was for some of the other games.

 

I get the recruiting aspect of things, but that doesn't really make money does it? TV revenue and ticket sales are where the money comes from. Teams should individually schedule games during the regular season where they wish for recruiting purposes, that's not something the league should be doing.

 

UK for instance plays in large markets and recruiting areas during the OOC section of the regular season. The SEC hosts the conference tourney most years in Nashville or Atlanta, that does UK or no one else any favors in recruiting (the schools should figure that aspect of the game out on their own) but what it does do is sell tickets.

If Crean gets let go where does he land. The last 3 have ended up in dead end jobs in Texas. Knight-Texas Tech, Sampson-Houston, (the dude right after knight)-Texas Southern

If Crean gets let go where does he land. The last 3 have ended up in dead end jobs in Texas. Knight-Texas Tech, Sampson-Houston, (the dude right after knight)-Texas Southern

 

Not very appealing when you think: If i dont do well here Ill be trying to not step on a baby cactus in Texas

If Crean gets let go where does he land. The last 3 have ended up in dead end jobs in Texas. Knight-Texas Tech, Sampson-Houston, (the dude right after knight)-Texas Southern

 

I guess the question is: Does Crean have more upside than a washed-up bully, a serial NCAA rules violator, or an interim that was in over his head?

I guess the question is: Does Crean have more upside than a washed-up bully, a serial NCAA rules violator, or an interim that was in over his head?

 

The interim had a very nice ncaa run in 1st year

I guess the question is: Does Crean have more upside than a washed-up bully, a serial NCAA rules violator, or an interim that was in over his head?

 

The bully won 902 games and 3 titles. While I am not a fan of his, I certainly respect his accomplishments as a basketball coach. Alot of people dwell on his lack of winning in his twilight, but the same can be said about tons of old coaches from long ago. Even the Baron went without a title for his last 16 or so seasons.

The bully won 902 games and 3 titles. While I am not a fan of his, I certainly respect his accomplishments as a basketball coach. Alot of people dwell on his lack of winning in his twilight, but the same can be said about tons of old coaches from long ago. Even the Baron went without a title for his last 16 or so seasons.

 

Fair point. My point was more that he was basically at the end of his career whereas Crean would appear to have many years remaining, though not necessarily at Indiana.

The interim had a very nice ncaa run in 1st year

 

He did. However, I read an article just this week where Mike Davis basically said he was unprepared and in over his head at Indiana.

He did. However, I read an article just this week where Mike Davis basically said he was unprepared and in over his head at Indiana.

 

No doubt, I was just thinking that knight had left him some decent players

I still don't think crean goes anywhere.

 

As someone who enjoys Indiana losing I hope you're right.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.