Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

How Hot is Tom Crean's Seat?

Featured Replies

Gregg Marshall...

 

That could do it.

  • Replies 169
  • Views 24.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
As far as the buyout goes....If IU would fire Crean before 7/1/17, they'd owe him $4M. If they would do so after 7/1/17, the buyout would drop to $1M.

 

They have 5 regular season games left and are 15-11 and 5-8 in B1G play.

 

@ Minnesota, @ Iowa, vs Northwestern, @ Purdue, & @ Ohio State.

 

I think they absolutely have to go 3-2 in those five to have a shot at the tournament. Realistically, I think they go 2-3 at best, and miss out.

Depending on which ones they win, going 3-2 would put their RPI in the mid 60's...that isn't doing it. These last two home losses were back-breakers.

 

Winning out would likely only get their RPI to about 40. Still not a lock.

Depending on which ones they win, going 3-2 would put their RPI in the mid 60's...that isn't doing it. These last two home losses were back-breakers.

 

Winning out would likely only get their RPI to about 40. Still not a lock.

 

I'll be really surprised if they win more than 2 of those games.

An ant probably has a better chance at eating a bale of hay as Indiana has of winning out.

I think his seat is getting warmer day by day. The natives are getting restless.

Haha they lost at Minnesota

Read in Greg Doyle's column that Assembly Hall was 75% full the last home and with no seniors to honor the final game that Bloomington could be a ghost town. Not looking good for Crean.

Although I will say that losing Hartman for the season and OG for half of it made it hard on the Hoosiers.

I'll be very surprised if he's back next year at this point.

 

I still will be very surprised if he's not.

 

It's bad. And I obviously never expected a skid like this. But, I still would be shocked if he gets fired.

I still will be very surprised if he's not.

 

It's bad. And I obviously never expected a skid like this. But, I still would be shocked if he gets fired.

 

I'll agree in the sense that I don't think they do it if they don't have his replacement already lined up.

 

Gregg Marshall, IMO, seems like the perfect fit.

 

Chris Mack? Archie Miller?

 

Think all those guys would be immediate upgrades IMO.

So is this just about the buyout? If so, it is hard to make a change that late in the year. $3M, while not a small amount, seems like it may be worth it.

 

In looking at the schedule, there is a shot they could lose out and finish below .500. That is 6 of 7 they've dropped, with the lone win being a 3OT victory against Penn State.

So is this just about the buyout? If so, it is hard to make a change that late in the year. $3M, while not a small amount, seems like it may be worth it.

 

In looking at the schedule, there is a shot they could lose out and finish below .500. That is 6 of 7 they've dropped, with the lone win being a 3OT victory against Penn State.

Who said it was only about the buyout?
I'll agree in the sense that I don't think they do it if they don't have his replacement already lined up.

 

Gregg Marshall, IMO, seems like the perfect fit.

 

Chris Mack? Archie Miller?

 

Think all those guys would be immediate upgrades IMO.

I would love if Mack went. The other two don't move it for me. That's just me.
Who said it was only about the buyout?

 

I don't know? I didn't. I asked if that is what some feel could keep him around since his buyout has been referenced.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.