Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

How Hot is Tom Crean's Seat?

Featured Replies

Something is going on with these guys. I have no idea what though. Injuries have sucked, but they're just not THIS bad. Couple guys are losing lots of NBA money by playing this bad though. I just don't get it.

 

Any chance it's they've simply given up on Crean?

 

Way too talented to be this bad.

  • Replies 169
  • Views 24.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Hoosiers lost to a bad (really bad) Iowa team after leading for a large portion of the game. Guys look disinterested. The two best IU players were competing for the same spot on the floor and that's never good when one is a PF.

Something is going on with these guys. I have no idea what though. Injuries have sucked, but they're just not THIS bad. Couple guys are losing lots of NBA money by playing this bad though. I just don't get it.

 

Even factoring in the injuries, rather hard to believe that this team beat Kansas and North Carolina earlier in the year.

Any chance it's they've simply given up on Crean?

 

Way too talented to be this bad.

I truly have no idea?
Even factoring in the injuries, rather hard to believe that this team beat Kansas and North Carolina earlier in the year.
No it's not. They're good. They're talented. Which makes this even more unexplainable.
All signs point to him being gone at this point. IU may as well cut their losses and hire Mike Davis back.

 

Oh Lord.

No it's not. They're good. They're talented. Which makes this even more unexplainable.

 

 

Exactly. Absolute head-scratcher.

Any chance it's they've simply given up on Crean?

 

Way too talented to be this bad.

 

Obviously its just my opinion, but to me it does seem like they have given up on him. They were playing as well as anyone in the country at the beginning of the season. Once the fans got back on the fire Crean bandwagon, it seems that he lost his team as well.

Serious question: has a team ever been ranked #1 in-season before and then missed the Tourney? This could be a first...right? I racked my brain and couldn't think of another.

Serious question: has a team ever been ranked #1 in-season before and then missed the Tourney? This could be a first...right? I racked my brain and couldn't think of another.

 

Were they ever ranked #1?

Were they ever ranked #1?
My apologies, they only got to 3rd in the AP poll, were #1 in ESPN's power ranking that week. Thanks for asking.
It's cold.

 

And they're definitely making the tournament. As to what's wrong with the team? I have no freaking clue.

 

Not so fast my friend!

Serious question: has a team ever been ranked #1 in-season before and then missed the Tourney? This could be a first...right? I racked my brain and couldn't think of another.

 

It is really slow at work today, so......

 

1974-1975 North Carolina State Wolfpack. Started out as the preseason #1 ranked team and remained #1 until dropping to #4 after the first 5 weeks of the season. The 1975 tournament was the first year that multiple teams from a conference could qualify for the NCAA tournament, however, after failing to win the ACC title the Wolfpack were not included in the tournament field.

 

It's possible that other teams might fit this description as well, however, this is the only team that I could readily find that fits your question. I would be surprised if any #1 ranked team has failed to make the tournament since it expanded to 64 / 68 teams.

It is really slow at work today, so......

 

1974-1975 North Carolina State Wolfpack. Started out as the preseason #1 ranked team and remained #1 until dropping to #4 after the first 5 weeks of the season. The 1975 tournament was the first year that multiple teams from a conference could qualify for the NCAA tournament, however, after failing to win the ACC title the Wolfpack were not included in the tournament field.

 

It's possible that other teams might fit this description as well, however, this is the only team that I could readily find that fits your question. I would be surprised if any #1 ranked team has failed to make the tournament since it expanded to 64 / 68 teams.

 

I think the Pack went on to win the NIT that year. Maybe not.

 

If I recall

UNC won the regular season and Maryland won the tourney.

Injuries have hurt them but you'd think Blackmon and Bryant would be enough on most nights to get wins.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.