Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

How Hot is Tom Crean's Seat?

Featured Replies

IU's season started off really well with that win over Kansas in Hawaii, but they followed it up with a rough one and lost to Fort Wayne about a week and a half later.

 

They have a win over UNC which is good. But they lost to Butler, a good team but people can't be thrilled with losing to a team in state. Lost to Nebraska, Maryland and just got completed popped last night by Michigan, losing by 30.

 

Seat getting warm? I don't think he gets fired this year, but is it on the horizon?

  • Replies 169
  • Views 24.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think it's getting toasty. Right now, I see them at almost a coin-flip to make the tournament this year. Short of some sort of scandal breaking, I see no way he gets the boot this season, but a miss of the tournament and a poor season next year may do it.

 

I'm sure @Bench would have a better handle on this than anyone else though.

It's cold.

 

And they're definitely making the tournament. As to what's wrong with the team? I have no freaking clue.

It's cold.

 

And they're definitely making the tournament. As to what's wrong with the team? I have no freaking clue.

 

What do you see their final conference record looking like? They have some nice wins, but recent injuries and a few more blow out losses could really dampen their NCAA chances.

Indiana still has 7-8 losses on the schedule and that would put them at 14-15 losses. They are 6-6 in their last 12 games. In my opinion, they are in serious danger of missing the NCAA Tournament.

I need to get out from under my rock, I thought they fired him last year.

What do you see their final conference record looking like? They have some nice wins, but recent injuries and a few more blow out losses could really dampen their NCAA chances.

 

Loss of players and coaches will be taken into consideration on Selection Sunday, right?

We go through this pretty much every year. The consensus seems to be that his seat is pretty warm, but won't catch fire until his buyout drops. I'm not sure what it is now, but I'm sure it's approaching a figure that IU wouldn't care to pay. That said, who would they replace him with? Without already having a great option lined up, they shouldn't pay the buyout.

They have 4 kids hurt one of whom is a starter out for the season. If his seat is hot Indiana AD is stupid.

Loss of players and coaches will be taken into consideration on Selection Sunday, right?

 

I've seen it go both ways.

He will be ok as he is about the best they can do as Alford will not come back as he was passed over in the past

I'm almost 100% sure we've seen this thread pop up for the past 3-4 years. Somehow he still has his job. We will probably see it again next year.

Indiana is currently getting dismantled at Northwestern.

Indiana is currently getting dismantled at Northwestern.

 

 

I'm not sure there is a good team in the Big10 this season. There are several that are decent and will trade home and home games with each other, but non of them seem to be consistent.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.