Our new president is rich?

TAC

Only thing wrong is the disdain for Trump (or any rich conservative) while the same people guilty of the hate shrug of Obama's wealth (or any liberal)...

False. Not only is it two different levels of wealth but some people falsely believe that the notion of Trump being filthy rich will make him a POTUS who puts his own self interest aside when governing our country. People of Trump's wealth laugh at people like the Obamas being worth a combined 23 million a year. According to this article Obama is going to make way way way more money now that he won't be POTUS anymore and that is a result from him being the POTUS for the last 8 years.

It's funny you think the disdain for Trump because of his wealth. There's a lot more than just his wealth that brings disdain for Trump. A whole lot more.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

False. Not only is it two different levels of wealth but some people falsely believe that the notion of Trump being filthy rich will make him a POTUS who puts his own self interest aside when governing our country. People of Trump's wealth laugh at people like the Obamas being worth a combined 23 million a year. According to this article Obama is going to make way way way more money now that he won't be POTUS anymore and that is a result from him being the POTUS for the last 8 years.

It's funny you think the disdain for Trump because of his wealth. There's a lot more than just his wealth that brings disdain for Trump. A whole lot more.

Not false. First of all rich is rich is rich when you don't have money. I don't care about levels of rich, they're both rich. There's always going to be someone with more money, but to pretend that Obama isn't rich is ridiculous and quite frankly absurdly partisan.

A few thoughts on your last paragraph. First of all I never said there wasn't other reasons for disdain for Trump. What is this thread about? If you can answer that then you should certainly be able to understand what my comment was about. Secondly, you also know I didn't vote for Trump so let's stop pretending that I think he's the greatest thing since sliced bread. And third, there was a whole lot of reasons for people to have disdain for Obama, but by God everybody on the left swears that it was because he was black. And there were a lot of reasons to have disdain for Obama, a lot! And it has zero to do with the color of his skin.

Not false. First of all rich is rich is rich when you don't have money. I don't care about levels of rich, they're both rich. There's always going to be someone with more money, but to pretend that Obama isn't rich is ridiculous and quite frankly absurdly partisan.

A few thoughts on your last paragraph. First of all I never said there wasn't other reasons for disdain for Trump. What is this thread about? If you can answer that then you should certainly be able to understand what my comment was about. Secondly, you also know I didn't vote for Trump so let's stop pretending that I think he's the greatest thing since sliced bread. And third, there was a whole lot of reasons for people to have disdain for Obama, but by God everybody on the left swears that it was because he was black. And there were a lot of reasons to have disdain for Obama, a lot! And it has zero to do with the color of his skin.

Who pretended Obama wasn't rich? That's what you got from my post? Obama isn't rich? :lol2: :lol2:

Stop defending Trump like you voted for him and maybe I won't think you believe he is the greatest thing since sliced bread. You defend him like he got your vote so I get confused by your words and defense of him. If he didn't get your vote why do you care what others say about him?

Saying everybody on the left swears people have disdain for Obama because he is black is way more absurdly partisan than anyone pretending Obama isn't rich. Which no one did by the way. If you choose to believe there aren't different levels of rich then that's on you. Seems to me that when I say "different levels of rich" I am including Obama in there but what do I know.

Who pretended Obama wasn't rich? That's what you got from my post? Obama isn't rich? :lol2: :lol2:

Stop defending Trump like you voted for him and maybe I won't think you believe he is the greatest thing since sliced bread. You defend him like he got your vote so I get confused by your words and defense of him. If he didn't get your vote why do you care what others say about him?

Saying everybody on the left swears people have disdain for Obama because he is black is way more absurdly partisan than anyone pretending Obama isn't rich. Which no one did by the way. If you choose to believe there aren't different levels of rich then that's on you. Seems to me that when I say "different levels of rich" I am including Obama in there but what do I know.

I defend him less then the people on here that claim they didn't vote for Obama defended him. But, if you want to call pointing out what you and others did 8 years ago by saying give him a chance to see what he can do, then I guess I'm guilty. And, make no mistake about it, I'm GLAD he won, I sure didn't want Hillary and the continuation of Obama's failed policies.

Yes, there are different levels, but if you're not rich, then rich is rich is rich. It's really that simple. You're just doing what those on the left love to do, pushing class envy. That was the entire battle cry when Romney ran. It's the same tired battle cry now.

Oh please! Every time someone disagreed with Obama they were labeled racist. You do watch the news, don't you? And people on here defended that mindset.

I defend him less then the people on here that claim they didn't vote for Obama defended him. But, if you want to call pointing out what you and others did 8 years ago by saying give him a chance to see what he can do, then I guess I'm guilty. And, make no mistake about it, I'm GLAD he won, I sure didn't want Hillary and the continuation of Obama's failed policies.

Yes, there are different levels, but if you're not rich, then rich is rich is rich. It's really that simple. You're just doing what those on the left love to do, pushing class envy. That was the entire battle cry when Romney ran. It's the same tired battle cry now.

Oh please! Every time someone disagreed with Obama they were labeled racist. You do watch the news, don't you? And people on here defended that mindset.

To be fair, Candidate 47 percent Romney brought on much of that himself.

What is interesting is that although DJT has won and will ascend the throne today, those who voted for him are still focused most heavily on tearing down BHO. Why is that?

Maybe a backlash against those who are trying to canonize him.

To be fair, Candidate 47 percent Romney brought on much of that himself.

How so, by being honest? IMO the 47% was low at the time. It doesn't only include those on government support programs, it includes companies, even industries that rely on traditional democratic, big-spending programs that they DIRECTLY benefit from. I know directly people that always vote democrat - quote- "because it is good for our business".

What is interesting is that although DJT has won and will ascend the throne today, those who voted for him are still focused most heavily on tearing down BHO. Why is that?

And those that didn't vote for president Trump are still doing what? I was not an Obama fan, I didn't whine when he won. I didn't vote for him to be re elected as I was not impressed with his first 4 years. I'll give Trump a chance to see what he can do, much like I gave Obama. No ill wishes towards former president Obama. I love this country and our privilege and right to vote. With that responsibility comes your duty to respect your new chief. I did it 8 years ago and I'll do it starting today. I'll have my say in 4 years.