Obama Care to hit double digits in premiums.

jericho

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Many of the people you call Lazy are out their working hard for low wages and no benefits. And those that are here illegally aren't citizens and aren't eligible under the ACA. It's unbelievable the amount of venom that gets spewed at the poor.

There is no way you can defend the ACA. It's a train wreck and getting worse daily.

This is is what happens when all that is cared about is getting something passed for the sake of saying you did it instead of actually wanting to help.

There is no way you can defend the ACA. It's a train wreck and getting worse daily.

This is is what happens when all that is cared about is getting something passed for the sake of saying you did it instead of actually wanting to help.

Read my posts....I haven't defended the ACA in any of my posts on this thread. I would agree the ACA has fallen well short of its intentions and needs to be fixed sooner than later. However the ACA's failure has nothing to do with the venom that's spewed at the working poor and it's failure is not even remotely tied to people (and especially not just illegals) using the emergency room as primary medical care.

From facebook today.

14681991_1148947438532841_6468112020915285872_o.jpg

To accurately say the causes and reasons for the increases is hard for us lay-people. ACA? Insurance Companies passing along the cost of the mandated coverages? Coverage for illegal aliens (this is going and one of things hurting the actual insurance companies for sure), self-insured companies (large and medium size companies that fully fund their own pools) taking advantage of their own employees to enrich their bottom line? Its not a simple issue by far and has no simple fix.

Talking to someone in the industry, they indicate that ACA and the other federal and state laws are a labyrinth of rules and regulations that no regulator can understand without tons of legal help and there are definitely conflicting laws and regulations that basically force all involved to decide with law or regulation they will break or violate in order to satisfy another law or regulation. In short, every entity is a scoff-law to a certain extent and they know it but have no answer.

Remember that the administration it self (with a wink and/or nod from Congress) violated the law by deferring the individual mandate. No legal grounds to do so - but they did. That was just a deferment of the pain that seems to now be hitting.

ACA was a financial house-of-cards since the start. There was nothing at all to lower costs and all the mandates were increases. Federal subsidies were included - for the first few years. They are gone or reducing substantially. That aspect was like a teaser rate flexible rate mortgage - and we know that turned out in that industry. Layer in the piling on of the illegals that seems to be a promise broken by the administration to the insurance companies and it seems things are going down hill fast.

Its a mess. A giant mess at this point.

This was doomed to fail and get expensive when Congress watered down the original bill and made it easy for people to not be forced to buy insurance. Fine is easy to pay. So you have a lot of people not in the pool that were originally counted on as being in there so you don't have as many people to spread the cost. We added people who couldn't get coverage which means we added a bunch of cost but we didn't add the others as planned.

POTUS made a mistake trying to rush this through and make it his first big agenda item vs thinking it through. It will be interesting to see if any changes come about should the control of the Congress change.

Read my posts....I haven't defended the ACA in any of my posts on this thread. I would agree the ACA has fallen well short of its intentions and needs to be fixed sooner than later. However the ACA's failure has nothing to do with the venom that's spewed at the working poor and it's failure is not even remotely tied to people (and especially not just illegals) using the emergency room as primary medical care.

I never said the ACA failure was related to the working poor or illegals using the ER.

Thanks to the ACA the working poor can't afford insurance anymore now than before.

One last chance of the insurance companies to stick it to the American people.

This will lead to single payer or the heads of the Congressmen who won't get on board.

Even though I don't really trust either branch or party to do it right.

This was doomed to fail and get expensive when Congress watered down the original bill and made it easy for people to not be forced to buy insurance. Fine is easy to pay. So you have a lot of people not in the pool that were originally counted on as being in there so you don't have as many people to spread the cost. We added people who couldn't get coverage which means we added a bunch of cost but we didn't add the others as planned.

POTUS made a mistake trying to rush this through and make it his first big agenda item vs thinking it through. It will be interesting to see if any changes come about should the control of the Congress change.

The bold has me confused. The 'fine' may have been delayed with the ramp-up, and again with the (illegal) deferment of the individual mandate. But those without insurance this year are in for bad shock when they do their 2016 taxes.

On rushing, it would have been nice to get more buy-in (not a single Repub vote) but they had the majority in the House and the super-majority in the Senate and the probably knew going in that would only last 2 years. And then Teddy passed. That drove legislative gymnastics to keep what they had since they then lost the super-majority.

I still remember the final or at least key Congressional votes. It was the night of the Michigan-Ohio State game. Saturday, late in the evening. We told our kids they would now live in a different world while watching the vote and the game.

One last chance of the insurance companies to stick it to the American people.

This will lead to single payer or the heads of the Congressmen who won't get on board.

Even though I don't really trust either branch or party to do it right.

Your beloved Dems are the masters of this disaster. Not the insurance companies.

The bold has me confused. The 'fine' may have been delayed with the ramp-up, and again with the (illegal) deferment of the individual mandate. But those without insurance this year are in for bad shock when they do their 2016 taxes.

In exchange for a semi-affordable monthly premium you have a good size deductible.

For many it's cheaper to pay the fine than pay the monthly premiums AND the deductible. So many have opted to pay the fine.