Rapinoe kneels during national anthem while playing for USWNT

jericho

Posts like these are why you will NEVER be taken seriously.

So, I dont care. But guess what. ITS MY RIGHT TO SAY IT.

I aint afraid to say what I think of her. And I Personally hope she feels the same for me.

She is a ME, LOOK AT ME, LOOK WHAT I DO. She is trash.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not that i agree with mtn's methods but...your argument wouldn't fly for a white guy. Its odd that the argument is always made that if you aren't gay, you don't know what it's like and can't discuss what it's like to be gay. However, that doesn't stop everyone from talking about what it's like to be a straight, white, male.

I agree, unless you are in the demographic, you obviously don't know what it's like.

I would guess most would agree that the straight white male has it the best though.

How about the fact that up until last year they weren't allowed the same benefits and equal standing as straight couples?

Thats not up to me or the police. That is the lawmakers. That is who I have said they should be protesting all along.

Social Injustice=lawmakers not doing their job to help the places like inner cities and where a lot of the problems originate.

Go protest the Lawmakers, not the COUNTRY.

So would you tell her that the social injustices that have happened in the LGBTQ for years is because they should just be straight? Did they screw up by being gay?

Thats not up to me or the police. That is the lawmakers. That is who I have said they should be protesting all along.

Social Injustice=lawmakers not doing their job to help the places like inner cities and where a lot of the problems originate.

Go protest the Lawmakers, not the COUNTRY.

Do you think Im right in what I said?

Do you think Im right in what I said?

I'm not going to tell her how she should, or shouldn't protest. As long as it's peaceful, whether I agree with the cause or not, I'm going to support the person doing the protesting. They're doing exactly what is great about our country.

Maybe kneeling during the anthem is her way of protesting the lawmakers. She's been heavily involved in protests and equal rights for the LGBTQ community for a long time. Maybe she feels this is another platform to draw attention to her fight?

How about the fact that up until last year they weren't allowed the same benefits and equal standing as straight couples?

Am I right on its the LAWMAKERS who did this, not the police. She should be protesting the LAWMAKERS, not her COUNTRY for this.

Is this not correct. Is the LAWMAKERS not at fault for the social injustice gays had to endure over same sex marriage rights.

Did the police make the rules????????

Its kind of ironic to me that she wont stand for our anthem but she is okay with representing our country on the USWNT.

I agree. If your stand is "I'm disappointed in my country so much that I am going to kneel" then it seems like you are not committed when you then go rep the country.

These two posts some up what is objectionable about Rapinoe's stance for me.

"Protest how we want you to, or don't protest at all."

Different thread, same narrative. Rinse and repeat.

This is not a "free speech" issue. I watched Stephen A rant on ESPN about CK's free speech rights. The NFL is not about freedom of speech nor is any sponsor nor is your employer. People's freedom of speech is often squelched in the work place.

If any player in the NFL says or does something that the NFL thinks does not represent them well to its customers, that person gets censured or fired. Sponsors pull out. Your company can fire you for exercising your freedom of speech. They just tell you that you are welcome to it, just do it some other place and you are no longer an employee here.

Just let an NFL player act in a way or speak in a way that goes against any current PC issue and see what happens. Then it becomes, "That player is destroying team cohesion or he's casting dispersion on the league" and he cannot be allowed to do that." This is the stance the NFL takes on a regular basis. Nor does Stephan A always defend a player on free speech rights when this occurs.

So stop with defending this on the freedom of speech basis. It's not about that. Everyone agrees these people have freedom of speech and they can take a knee, refuse to stand, or speak out against the flag and the anthem. The issue is that many people do not agree with the message and do not think their employer (NFL or women's soccer team) should allow them to use their team and league as a platform for their protest. The employer has the right to censure the player.

So drop the, "The reason the military fought and some died was to preserve that player's freedom to protest" line of reasoning. It does not hold water. The NFL is inconsistent on protecting speech. And the military did not defend CK's right to take a knee and keep his job. You don't get to say you are a patriot just for exercising your free speech when you are at the same time disrespecting those who died protecting our country and its constitution and the nation that allows you the freedom to protest. Protesting does NOT automatically equal patriotism.

Now, I have not said one way or another on whether I agree with CK and Rapinoe's protest. I am just saying, this is NOT about freedom of speech. The NFL does not guarantee a player the right to free speech. It is all about what is best for the NFL. That is what it is about for any employer. They decide what speech they will allow and what speech will get you fired.