Rapinoe kneels during national anthem while playing for USWNT

jericho

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This is not considered a protest. It was soccer. It does not count and no one cares.

Hey I've been nice to the soccer fans lately. And as I have told others, please see my soccer resume. Better than most fans of the game. On a related note, I've always considered soccer to be unAmerican anyway. :lol2:

You are the king of the pot-stirrers :lol2:

Its kind of ironic to me that she wont stand for our anthem but she is okay with representing our country on the USWNT.

I agree. If your stand is "I'm disappointed in my country so much that I am going to kneel" then it seems like you are not committed when you then go rep the country.

I think this lady, unlike the others , is not all about the issue. She's too much about herself.

that white trash piece of crap is nothing but a loser who has no clue to what goes on. She is a rich pampered athlete.

There are simply no words for this post. A person that you have never met, have never had a conversation with, probably know "this" much about, yet you are comfortable making these statements about her because she took a knee during the Anthem? You're killing a fly with a hammer here, Ref.

She's too much about herself.

She has been a pioneer for the LGBTQ community long before it was the cool thing to do. Now, does this knee seem like a "me too" deal, yes. However, she has been vigilant for a cause she believed in from jump, so I don't think self-promotion was at the root of her protest last night. To be transparent, I've talked to her about it as much as you have, so I'm only offering another angle of speculation.

Problem is, a large amount of people don't feel like she's disrespecting the country. To be fair, a large portion share your feelings as well.

Your right and I 100% agree with what you said.

Cops arrested my family over 20 times and followed my brother whenever he left the house just trying to get him for something.

Thats social injustice also.

What do I do, tell him he shouldnt have screwed up to get watched in first place.

What do I not do. Take a knee during the Nat Anthem or sit down for the Pledge of Allegiance.

Learn to accept why this happens.

Your right and I 100% agree with what you said.

Cops arrested my family over 20 times and followed my brother whenever he left the house just trying to get him for something.

Thats social injustice also.

What do I do, tell him he shouldnt have screwed up to get watched in first place.

What do I not do. Take a knee during the Nat Anthem or sit down for the Pledge of Allegiance.

Learn to accept why this happens.

So would you tell her that the social injustices that have happened in the LGBTQ for years is because they should just be straight? Did they screw up by being gay?

So would you tell her that the social injustices that have happened in the LGBTQ for years is because they should just be straight? Did they screw up by being gay?

Like what, gays being bullied or afraid to admit they are gay.

I have been bullied. I didnt do what she did.

If gays feel social injustice because they were afraid to come out, then thats a problem within themselves. There were gay people coming out and already out before she was around.

Like what, gays being bullied or afraid to admit they are gay.

I have been bullied. I didnt do what she did.

If gays feel social injustice because they were afraid to come out, then thats a problem within themselves. There were gay people coming out and already out before she was around.

How about the fact that up until last year they weren't allowed the same benefits and equal standing as straight couples?

I guess you could argue that her being gay would actually mean she most likely knows far better than you or I "what goes on".

Not that i agree with mtn's methods but...your argument wouldn't fly for a white guy. Its odd that the argument is always made that if you aren't gay, you don't know what it's like and can't discuss what it's like to be gay. However, that doesn't stop everyone from talking about what it's like to be a straight, white, male.