Rapinoe kneels during national anthem while playing for USWNT

jericho

I love how so many support the protest. Im sorry but I just dont see it that way. There are better ways to protest.

For example, she should protest by not allowing herself to be on the US team since she is so ashamed of what ever she claims.

And for all the military, sorry but you didnt fight so people could live here and hate America. You fought so we could have freedoms like religion, press, and yes, freedom to protest, but IMO not freedom to protest against our country.

By God if they want to protest, then go to Wash DC where its their fault for the problems.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

To be honest I had to google both her name and USWNT to see why it was even relevant. Seems to me just another wannabe be player, like CK, who was looking for a little attention on themselves, not for a cause.

Yeah, that couldn't be further from the truth. She's one of the 2-3 most popular, biggest names in women's soccer.

To be honest I had to google both her name and USWNT to see why it was even relevant. Seems to me just another wannabe be player, like CK, who was looking for a little attention on themselves, not for a cause.

She's one of the key players on the most recent team to win the Women's World Cup. Just because one doesn't follow the sport doesn't mean the participants are nobodies. And what does "wannabe" player mean? Only the most important of stars are allowed to protest or voice their opinion? Ten speakers spoke at the March on Washington in 1963, several of which you have never heard of before. Were those who you don't know any less important?

"Protest how we want you to, or don't protest at all."

Different thread, same narrative. Rinse and repeat.

:lol2:

Yep! Why not have a press conference after the game, when roughly three reporters would have been there, and then your opinions could be in a newspaper/online article that only the biggest of fans would have read?

She's one of the key players on the most recent team to win the Women's World Cup. Just because one doesn't follow the sport doesn't mean the participants are nobodies. And what does "wannabe" player mean? Only the most important of stars are allowed to protest or voice their opinion? Ten speakers spoke at the March on Washington in 1963, several of which you have never heard of before. Were those who you don't know any less important?

Yeah, that couldn't be further from the truth. She's one of the 2-3 most popular, biggest names in women's soccer.

Reason 1 = soccer

Reason 2 = women's soccer

I do admit that even though I don't follow woman's soccer, I could rattle off a few names and hers it not one of them.

"Protest how we want you to, or don't protest at all."

Different thread, same narrative. Rinse and repeat.

Go march up and down the streets carry signs, dont buy from certain places, ban goods from wherever, stop supporting whatever you disagree with, vote in new people who actually give 2cents, write your legislators, impeach people, call for firings, do a sit in, hunger strikes, etc.

Dont disgrace your country by disrespecting it.