Rapinoe kneels during national anthem while playing for USWNT

jericho

Am I right on its the LAWMAKERS who did this, not the police. She should be protesting the LAWMAKERS, not her COUNTRY for this.

Is this not correct. Is the LAWMAKERS not at fault for the social injustice gays had to endure over same sex marriage rights.

Did the police make the rules????????

Who said she's protesting the police?

Again, and for the last time, I'm not going to tell someone who or what they should or shouldn't be protesting.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Do we know she hasn't done those things? One person alone can't make those changes.

well then she should be getting all the other lawmakers to help her or organize a protest against the LAWMAKERS WHO WONT HELP. Call them out and vote them out then.

well then she should be getting all the other lawmakers to help her or organize a protest against the LAWMAKERS WHO WONT HELP. Call them out and vote them out then.

Please. No one actually believes you'd be okay with her and others protesting.

Let's say she organized a protest where her and some of her colleagues decided to boycott the Senate until they started taking her concerns seriously.

Everyone on here knows you'd be first in line clamoring "She's a loser, she got elected to do a job, she needs to shut the hell up and do her job."

Who said she's protesting the police?

Again, and for the last time, I'm not going to tell someone who or what they should or shouldn't be protesting.

So she is protesting social injustice. Who is responsible for the social injustice? I think it lays on the Lawmakers. They control the money and laws.

This is not a "free speech" issue. I watched Stephen A rant on ESPN about CK's free speech rights. The NFL is not about freedom of speech nor is any sponsor nor is your employer. People's freedom of speech is often squelched in the work place.

If any player in the NFL says or does something that the NFL thinks does not represent them well to its customers, that person gets censured or fired. Sponsors pull out. Your company can fire you for exercising your freedom of speech. They just tell you that you are welcome to it, just do it some other place and you are no longer an employee here.

This is a fair point many are ignoring. Put aside the American Flag kneeling these past couple of weeks. Like Michael Sam, your place of employment is under no obligation to serve as an employee's platform to protest or promote/denounce a cause.

She has been a pioneer for the LGBTQ community long before it was the cool thing to do. Now, does this knee seem like a "me too" deal, yes. However, she has been vigilant for a cause she believed in from jump, so I don't think self-promotion was at the root of her protest last night. To be transparent, I've talked to her about it as much as you have, so I'm only offering another angle of speculation.

She lost me when she got mad that the owner of a soccer team played the Anthem while she was in the locker room. She was mad that she wasn't seen protesting.

Tells me her priority is her.

This is a fair point many are ignoring. Put aside the American Flag kneeling these past couple of weeks. Like Michael Sam, your place of employment is under no obligation to serve as an employee's platform to protest or promote/denounce a cause.

I don't think anyone's ignoring it. The NFL is allowing their players to voice their protests. If they decided to suspend anyone who didn't stand, that's their right (I assume). Not sure if there's language in the CBA about this sort of stuff or not, I'd venture there isn't.

Please. No one actually believes you'd be okay with her and others protesting.

Let's say she organized a protest where her and some of her colleagues decided to boycott the Senate until they started taking her concerns seriously.

Everyone on here knows you'd be first in line clamoring "She's a loser, she got elected to do a job, she needs to shut the hell up and do her job."

No, thats the opposite of what I think. I think that is what needs to be done.

These crooks in office are only lining their pockets and ignoring the real problems and just pass them on to the next lawmaker who dont care either.

I want people in who are like me and you and understand what REAL AMERICA is and what is really happening to ordinary people.

Im sick of the rich privileged people not understanding what life is really like.

They go to their nice homes, dont have to worry about electric bills, phone bills, gas for car, kids medical bills, grocery bill, daycare, car payment, health insurance, house payment, etc, etc, etc.

I would stand by her if she did that. But I wont sit with her and protest the flag. Sorry. I wasnt raised that way and will never condone it. My papaw raised me and he was a WWII vet who stormed the beaches of Normandy and a marksman who shot people on firing squad. He served under Ike and taught me what is right and wrong. These people are wrong. But thats My opinion.

I find it funny/ironic that some of the people that have a problem with Kaep's stance are also the ones that fly the Rebel Flag. Isn't that one of the greatest domestic uprises against our country?

Wrong. I dont support any of these people and have never owned anything with a rebel flag, not even a Dukes of Hazard car.