Rapinoe kneels during national anthem while playing for USWNT

jericho

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I do love the irony of us being in the "land of the free, home of the brave" but as soon as someone is too free and too brave we want them to shut the hell up and act accordingly.

'Murica.

Ok, shut the hell up and do your job. Which means getting out on that field and doing the job they paid you to do. Rapinoe with her actions in International league play, was disrespectful of her teammate, O'Reilly, who was retiring after tonight's game. O'Reilly did deserve international stage for her accomplishments. Stop trashing America, and disrespecting the American flag and our National Anthem. Neither are the problem. Their complaints are misplaced and misdirected. I don't think anyone should be abused but I also don't think my country should be trashed. It is the land of the free and the home of the brave and the greatest country on earth. Every man is free and a lot of brave souls lost their lives fighting to keep it that way and have fought battles on foreign soil as well as here to make it so. America is the greatest country on earth, it's not perfect but it is the greatest.

Ok, shut the hell up and do your job. Which means getting out on that field and doing the job they paid you to do. Rapinoe with her actions in International league play, was disrespectful of her teammate, O'Reilly, who was retiring after tonight's game. O'Reilly did deserve international stage for her accomplishments. Stop trashing America, and disrespecting the American flag and our National Anthem. Neither are the problem. Their complaints are misplaced and misdirected. I don't think anyone should be abused but I also don't think my country should be trashed. It is the land of the free and the home of the brave and the greatest country on earth. Every man is free and a lot of brave souls lost their lives fighting to keep it that way and have fought battles on foreign soil as well as here to make it so. America is the greatest country on earth, it's not perfect but it is the greatest.

I agree that America isn't perfect and that it is the greatest country on earth but if everyone in our country had a shut the hell up and do your job mentality then we'd be Russia or China wouldn't we? Those brave souls you speak of lost their lives so Megan Rapinoe could take a knee tonight. We should never ever lose sight of that.

And let's not be naive. The US Women's soccer team could have told Rapinoe to stay home. They know what she is about and the potential for her to take knee. I guess they value winning friendlies over patriotism, huh?

I agree that America isn't perfect and that it is the greatest country on earth but if everyone in our country had a shut the hell up and do your job mentality then we'd be Russia or China wouldn't we? Those brave souls you speak of lost their lives so Megan Rapinoe could take a knee tonight. We should never ever lose sight of that.

And let's not be naive. The US Women's soccer team could have told Rapinoe to stay home. They know what she is about and the potential for her to take knee. I guess they value winning friendlies over patriotism, huh?

Agreed eleventy billion percent.

I had this exact (with respect to CK and everyone following his lead) discussion on Wednesday with mcgrandpa (a veteran). His take as well. "We didn't serve so athletes could make millions. We served so they could enjoy their freedoms, including freedom of speech. That's what separates us from much of the rest of the world."

I do love the irony of us being in the "land of the free, home of the brave" but as soon as someone is too free and too brave we want them to shut the hell up and act accordingly.

'Murica.

Its kind of ironic to me that she wont stand for our anthem but she is okay with representing our country on the USWNT.

People who trash soccer are clueless about soccer lol

Hey I've been nice to the soccer fans lately. And as I have told others, please see my soccer resume. Better than most fans of the game. On a related note, I've always considered soccer to be unAmerican anyway. :lol2: