Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kaepernick is asking for justice, not peace

Featured Replies

Unless we're doing it to cops, then it's ok.

 

And the blacks. It's okay then too.

  • Replies 457
  • Views 31.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ahh...America...the land we're told is Christian. We are a punishing, judgemental, unforgiving bunch.

 

You in the bunch too?

I hope the dude is cut , Then he be much more free to carry on his cause. Not be bothered with tv and the strong supporters at ESPN and such.

You in the bunch too?

 

I am hearing sick and tired of all of us fine, upstanding, American Christians. Everyone is so certain everyone else is wrong. We call for pepoles careers, health and lives to deteriorate or even end. We dont care what they do after said offense. Once the judgement is passed, we're done with them.

 

Unless we're doing it to cops, then it's ok.

 

Where the hell did you get that from what I posted?

I am hearing sick and tired of all of us fine, upstanding, American Christians. Everyone is so certain everyone else is wrong. We call for pepoles careers, health and lives to deteriorate or even end. We dont care what they do after said offense. Once the judgement is passed, we're done with them.

 

 

 

Where the hell did you get that from what I posted?

 

That didn't answer the question. And I wasn't aware I had to limit my questions to strictly that single post...

I am hearing sick and tired of all of us fine, upstanding, American Christians. Everyone is so certain everyone else is wrong. We call for pepoles careers, health and lives to deteriorate or even end. We dont care what they do after said offense. Once the judgement is passed, we're done with them.

 

 

 

Where the hell did you get that from what I posted?

 

Just because you are a Christian doesn't mean you don't have opinions, anger, disgust, disappointment, etc. God gave us free will. As a Christian I screw up daily. Great thing is, I can ask for forgiveness and receive it.

 

Do I strive to be a good person? Darn right I do. Do I screw it up? Darn right I do!!!

 

Being Christian makes me no better or above anyone. It means I am saved by grace.

That didn't answer the question. And I wasn't aware I had to limit my questions to strictly that single post...

 

I guess I don't understand your question. I thought I answered it. Obviously, no matter what I say, you'll deem it unsatisfactorily. I didn't relize there was a particular way you requires an answer to be given. Why don't you just tell me what my answer should be, in your opiniok, and save us.all the trouble.

While the Bible should never be used to beat people over the heads it clearly instructs followers to stand for certain things and call out other things .. I'm kinda lost , what does Christianity have to do with this flag / patriotism issue ? Because I think CK has been a total absolute tool in this mess it makes me a bad Christian ? For one I haven't seen anyone on here call for him to die or get sick , I just want him removed from his 15 min of fame because he is the wrong guy to carry the message , maybe Russell Wilson can .

I am curious as to what charities "support equality". What does that mean exactly? I would like to see what charities do this and how they do so. I have NO problem with him doing so...it is his money and he is free to do with it as he pleases. Now if he is donating to "non-profits" that support equality, that is different than a "charity" doing so IMO. Again, I don't care what he does with his money but I am just curious because I am not aware of any charity with the mission of "supporting equality".

 

If any of my BGP brethren know of any, please let me know as I am genuinely interested.

Oh, and white folks should be concerned about people they've never heard of. Or using terms they don't know the dual meaning about. Good grief. :ohbrother:

 

Keep sending barbs at me in every thread big guy. Really mature

An Open Letter to Colin Kaepernick,

 

Dear Colin guess you have been pretty busy these last few days. For the record I don’t think any more or less of you for not standing for the national anthem. Honestly, I never thought that much about you, or any professional athlete for that matter, to begin with. I’ve read your statement a few times and want you to know I am one of the reasons you are protesting. You see I am a retired police officer that had the misfortune of having to shoot and kill a 19-year-old African-American male. And just like you said, I was the recipient of about $3,000 a month while on leave, which was a good thing because I had to support a wife and three children under 7 years old for about 2 months with that money. Things were pretty tight because I couldn’t work part-time. Every police officer I’ve ever known has worked part-time to help make ends meet.

 

You know, Colin, the more I think about it, the more we seem to have in common. I really pushed myself in rehab to get back on the street, kind of like you do to get back on the field. You probably have had a broken bone or two and some muscle strains and deep bruising that needed a lot of work. I just had to bounce back from a gunshot wound to the chest and thigh. Good thing we both get paid when we are too banged up to “play,” huh? We both also know what it’s like to get blindsided. You by a 280-pound defensive end, ouch! Me, by a couple of rounds fired from a gun about 2 feet away into my chest and thigh. We also both make our living wearing uniforms, right? You have probably ruined a jersey or two on the field of play. I still have my blood-stained shirt that my partner and paramedics literally ripped off my back that cold night in January. Fortunately, like you I was given a new one. Speaking of paramedics aren’t you glad the second we get hurt trainers and doctors are standing by waiting to rush onto the field to scoop us up. I’m thankful they get to you in seconds. It only took them about 10 minutes to get to me. By the grace of God, the artery in my thigh didn’t rupture or else 10 minutes would have been about 9 minutes too late. We also have both experienced the hate and disgust others have just because of those uniforms we wear. I sure am glad for your sake that the folks who wear my uniform are on hand to escort you and those folks that wear your uniform into stadiums in places like Seattle!

 

I guess that’s where the similarities end, Colin. You entertain for a living, I and almost 800,000 others across this country serve and protect. Are there some bad apples within my profession? Absolutely, and they need to be identified and fired or arrested! But you know what, the vast majority do the right thing, the right way, for the right reason. Did I mention that seconds before I was shot, an elderly African-American gentleman walking down the sidewalk, turned to my partner and I as we rode past and said, “Get them.” Get who, you ask? The thugs terrorizing an otherwise good and decent neighborhood, home to dozens of good, decent African-American families trying to raise those families in communities not protected by gates and security guards. No these folks and families depend on America’s law enforcement officers.

 

Colin, I have buried 7 friends killed in the line of duty and three others who have committed suicide. I have attended more funerals than I care to remember of neighboring departments who have lost officers in the line of duty, during my career. Law enforcement officers with different backgrounds, upbringings and experiences united by their willingness to answer the call to protect and serve their fellow citizens.

 

Colin, I am sorry for the endorsement deals you may lose and the dip in jersey sales, but please know you will NEVER lose what these men and women and their families have lost. And so whether you stand or sit during the national anthem means very little to me. As for me and the men and women on whose team I was privileged to serve, we will put on our ballistic vests, badge and gun, kiss our loved ones goodbye, for some tragically for the last time, and out into a shift of uncertainty we will go. We will continue to protect and continue to serve and we will be standing at attention, Colin, not just for the playing of our national anthem, but far more importantly for the playing of Taps.

 

An Open Letter to Colin Kaepernick

Still waiting for an answer to my question I asked a couple weeks ago. When a person of color is mistreated it's called opression. But what is it called when a white person is mistreated? Some in here act like that never happens which makes CK's protest a joke.

TMZ had an interview with Muhammod Ali's ex-wife. When I read the headline, I thought people would be all over CK again. But after reading it, I thought it made a lot of sense. Some of the same things being said in this thread. Message needs to be said but in a different way.

 

TMZ

 

Muhammad Ali's ex-wife says Colin Kaepernick needs to apologize for his National Anthem protest ... saying it's "not heroic" and he should "get off his high horse."

 

TMZ Sports spoke with Khalilah Camacho Ali -- who was married to the boxer from 1967 to 1976 -- and says she was his adviser for his biggest protest ... refusing to fight in the Vietnam war.

 

"What he’s doing right now is not heroic," Khalilah says ... "I would love to meet with him or talk to him on the phone to help share his message in a better way."

 

"I helped Muhammad decide whether he was going to the army or going to jail. He listened to my every word. You see the impact that had on our nation? Colin could absolutely have the same impact if he made the right decisions to really make a difference."

 

So, what's her plan?

 

"The first thing I would do is ask him about his stance on humanity ... what exactly is he trying to improve and how is he going to make that happen? Next, I’d have him make a retraction for his actions against the American flag. He needs to apologize."

 

"I will help him meet the groups that will fight with him, donate to charities of all people -- not just minorities -- because we cannot single anyone out. If he wants isolation to end, he needs to prove that he cares about all people, and not just his people."

 

“If he is willing to get off his high horse and humble himself, we could do a lot of good together."

^^^^

Thats to much work, easier to sit.

 

Good post ll55

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.