Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kaepernick is asking for justice, not peace

Featured Replies

Actually I kind of do. Kneeling is a sign of honor and contrition. Not sure that was what Colin had in mind but to kneel takes much more effort than sitting does.

 

Article I read said it was military night last night and he had a conversation with a soldier there and they decided it would be better for him to kneel than to sit.

  • Replies 457
  • Views 31.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hmm idk....your lack of concern(as noted in post 310), your frequent use of emojis and the fact that you responded to a post by telling someone to "shut up" all kinda point to you acting like a millennial.

 

As Mark Twain said, "Denial ain't just a river in Egypt"

 

Emojis just help cause some of you folks don't get my heavily sarcastic personality lol

So last night, he took a knee instead of sitting. Do people view that as more respectful than sitting?

 

He should stand like everyone else that shows respect. Why the change though?

 

 

Nevermind, I just read why he did.

I'm not saying whether he should or shouldn't donate money. But if he was going to do it I agree, it should have been done from the start. Now it looks like nothing more then a response to his ignorance for wearing the socks.

 

While it's a very nice gesture on his part and I'm sure the money will be put to good use , had that been his ORIGINAL gesture it would have had almost no impact on the country.

 

You can't work on a resolution to a problem without it being high profile. While he is not a good messenger and he makes it easy for others to dismiss the real issue his unpopular actions have caused discussion and thought. Neither of those would have occurred with just a very nice donation.

 

It's why Melo/Paul/DWade/LBJ's opening monologue at the ESPYs has not caused a ripple. Nothing happened to get people confronting their beliefs.

While it's a very nice gesture on his part and I'm sure the money will be put to good use , had that been his ORIGINAL gesture it would have had almost no impact on the country.

 

You can't work on a resolution to a problem without it being high profile. While he is not a good messenger and he makes it easy for others to dismiss the real issue his unpopular actions have caused discussion and thought. Neither of those would have occurred with just a very nice donation.

 

It's why Melo/Paul/DWade/LBJ's opening monologue at the ESPYs has not caused a ripple. Nothing happened to get people confronting their beliefs.

Right, I get that. I'm saying he sits for the anthem and make the donation. Don't make the donation because you did something stupid like wearing the socks.

Right, I get that. I'm saying he sits for the anthem and make the donation. Don't make the donation because you did something stupid like wearing the socks.

 

I'm with you. My reply was more in response to the thought that the donation would have been the best way to go.

I'm with you. My reply was more in response to the thought that the donation would have been the best way to go.

Gotcha. We're on the same page. To me the gesture definitely does more in this case than just writing a check.

Actually I kind of do. Kneeling is a sign of honor and contrition. Not sure that was what Colin had in mind but to kneel takes much more effort than sitting does.

 

I'm with you.

 

My general thought is if kneeling when we pray is a good enough form of honor and respect to God, it should definitely be good enough for the anthem.

I'm with you. My reply was more in response to the thought that the donation would have been the best way to go.

 

The donation is great. Activism is great, so long as it's not disrespectful. That was where he shot himself in the foot from the beginning.

I was with him till the socks. Just taints anything positive.

The donation is great. Activism is great, so long as it's not disrespectful. That was where he shot himself in the foot from the beginning.

 

Doesn't mean the real issue isn't worthy, correct? We get too distracted by the messenger.

Doesn't mean the real issue isn't worthy, correct? We get too distracted by the messenger.

 

Correct.

Ahh...America...the land we're told is Christian. We are a punishing, judgemental, unforgiving bunch.

Ahh...America...the land we're told is Christian. We are a punishing, judgemental, unforgiving bunch.

 

Unless we're doing it to cops, then it's ok.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.