Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kaepernick is asking for justice, not peace

Featured Replies

My edit was a good one because it was poor.

 

Let's not waste time stating the obvious and let's try to debate what is being said.

 

I lack in alot of areas.......:thumb:

  • Replies 457
  • Views 31.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nope. We tell them to quit taking handouts and to get a job.

 

No, we should be boycotting the slum lords who own those buildings, and not one politician stands up and demands that their living situations be decent. The money is given there but it always goes in someone's pocket and not improving the conditions these citizens live in.We should be boycotting the town councils, the state legislatures and Washington politicians who have been slackers on these neighborhoods for decades. Those actions will help all Americans. And bring in businesses and the EMPOLYER writes them a paycheck and not the government. CK can sit all he wants, but it would help citizens more if he picked up a shovel or started a business to employ them.

I was just looking t see if anyone mentioned this, sadly almost everyone who was complaining about Colin are still only talking about him, and not Megan.

 

And why is this? Hmmm.

 

Instead of people complaining about Colin, maybe they should listen to his reasoning, try and get a conversation with him on his reasonings, attempt to see what can be done to change his thoughts. Playing the game that most are playing only solidifies the "why" part.

 

People have every right to sit if they want to, I don't, but as long as someone around me is quite I don't care what they do. (On a side note, I don't stand when they play God Bless America, it's not the national anthem, great and beautiful song, but it's not the national anthem and I will personally in my view is cheapening the veneration that I give the national anthem.)

 

If people are so upset at what they see as disrepecting not so much the anthem, but what about what they see as disrepecting the flag? Most people don't have a problem with the flag being on clothing, hats, sports uniforms, if one would look at the flag code, all that stuff is wrong too. What about the person who decided to place a small flag at the top of the I-75 south ramp on Kyles Lane about a year ago? Where they being patriotic? Well, the flag is all tattered and still there. Shouldn't they dispose of it properly?

 

As will almost all things, as long as someone is quiet and not bothering others and myself, then most likely I don't pay attention to them. If they aren't standing and all for the national anthem I'm concerned about one thing and one thing only, and that is my attention to the flag as well as my concentration on singing the national anthem.

 

Because he is the one who started this. There are other football players who have joined in also but no one is talking about them either. You talk about the originator, not the copy cats.

...but you still didn't respond to the points being made.

 

I dont think she is trying to get in the news no more than you are. Someone has made the same comparison and asked her. She is somewhat known and happens to be the person being compared wife. She stated what she thought like you did. I feel she stated what she felt Ali would have said. It ended up in a article. I dont think that are the same. Just my opinion. Yours is you think that they could be compared. Neither is wrong, just differing opinions.

I dont think that are the same.

 

To be clear, are you saying you don't think refusing to serve your country and refusing to stand for the Anthem are both unpatriotic? Are you saying not standing for the Anthem is worse than refusing to serve?

To be clear, are you saying you don't think refusing to serve your country and refusing to stand for the Anthem are both unpatriotic? Are you saying not standing for the Anthem is worse than refusing to serve?

 

I am saying they both were weasels. I am saying Ali put his money where his mouth was. Colin only after he was ridiculed. Thats pretty clear. WEASELS. I at least respect Ali because of how he made his stance. Colin would fold like a accordion if he was threatened with losing his $$$. Now thats only my opinion which I am sure you are getting ready to tell me I am wrong, which is always what happens.......just saying.

I am saying they both were weasels. I am saying Ali put his money where his mouth was. Colin only after he was ridiculed. Thats pretty clear. WEASELS. I at least respect Ali because of how he made his stance. Colin would fold like a accordion if he was threatened with losing his $$$. Now thats only my opinion which I am sure you are getting ready to tell me I am wrong, which is always what happens.......just saying.

 

Take off your sensitive pants, holmes.

 

Me disagreeing with your opinion is not telling you your opinion is wrong. It just means I disagree with it. You and others would make this place better by not being sensitive.

Take off your sensitive pants, holmes.

 

Me disagreeing with your opinion is not telling you your opinion is wrong. It just means I disagree with it. You and others would make this place better by not being sensitive.

 

Wow.

Take off your sensitive pants, holmes.

 

Me disagreeing with your opinion is not telling you your opinion is wrong. It just means I disagree with it. You and others would make this place better by not being sensitive.

 

So because his opinion is different than yours, the world is worse off? Have an awful high opinion of yourself...

So because his opinion is different than yours, the world is worse off? Have an awful high opinion of yourself...

 

How in the world did you get the above from what I typed?

How in the world did you get the above from what I typed?

 

You and your rhetorical questions:lol2:

You and your rhetorical questions:lol2:

 

 

OK.

 

You and Jesse and others that worry too much about what I think and waste KBs telling me how you think I think will make this place (BGP) better if you do more engaging in debate.

 

Example: @Run To State and I often disagree yet he never cries about questions I ask or comments I make about where I think his thinking is off. Never. Just responds and we debate.

 

I'm sure you're a smart cat. Show it with good debate and less of the other stuff.

You and I are on the same page. He went about the whole think poorly IMO. His comments came off as inflammatory and immediately cut of any dialogue. I think he's learning, at least I hope so. The only way his message will get the attention it needs is to be respectful of those that serve and protect. Then there can be mutual respect and then, one can hope, change can come about.

 

The socks have set him back badly but in looking at him meeting with the soldier, I think the name was Boyer, and those two having open dialogue is a great start. It was because of that conversation Kap decided to take a knee during the anthem instead of sitting. Now we see other athletes beginning to take knees as well. Hopefully he will have more conversations with others going forward and as you said some kind of change can come from all of the discussion.

OK.

 

You and Jesse and others that worry too much about what I think and waste KBs telling me how you think I think will make this place (BGP) better if you do more engaging in debate.

 

That's all I was saying. Your call.

 

And you "waste too many kbs" treating those who disagree with you as less intelligent, and they aren't.

 

You said the world would be better with less people like him. Reading between the lines, you're saying the world would be better if he was more like you. Then you back tracked on that, so what are you saying? Are you now saying, you too are too sensitive? You can't have it both ways...

No, we should be boycotting the slum lords who own those buildings, and not one politician stands up and demands that their living situations be decent. The money is given there but it always goes in someone's pocket and not improving the conditions these citizens live in.We should be boycotting the town councils, the state legislatures and Washington politicians who have been slackers on these neighborhoods for decades. Those actions will help all Americans. And bring in businesses and the EMPOLYER writes them a paycheck and not the government. CK can sit all he wants, but it would help citizens more if he picked up a shovel or started a business to employ them.

 

I was being sarcastic but you make some good points in your post. I wouldn't be surprised if he does some sort of thing like that once he is done with football. He has become active in the community and I imagine when he has more time he will be even more active.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.