Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kaepernick is asking for justice, not peace

Featured Replies

Jeez, are we still trying to put CK and Ali in the same sentence? :lol2:

 

.

 

 

 

No one is comparing them as human beings.

 

They are being used to show how WE as humans can't see parallels because of subsequent history and reputation building.

 

But I'll ask you what I asked Jesse - how would you have reacted in 1967 when Ali refused to serve his country? How would you have acted when he said that the country that you now serve as a police officer was "the real enemy of my people?"

 

I realize I'm asking you to ignore all of your feelings on a man that you didn't know of as anything other than a world figure. I'm asking you to take a step back and think about why your reaction would be any different than it is towards CK.

  • Replies 457
  • Views 31.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We can't beat our chests to "America, land of the free and home of the brave!" and then demonize people when they exercise their right to freedom by speaking out and being brave by saying things that will not be popular.

Yeah! Right! It's really tough to complain when you've got a cushy multimillion dollar contract. It could serve his brethren better to go to the inner city youths areas and build a safe spaces for them, that could be used as an after school hangout to get homework maybe with tutors provided free and a game room. While their parents or caregivers are still at work. Supervised by honest citizens who have their welfare and safety first priority.There are better ways, and more fruitful ones, to get his point across. This goes for all these overpaid athletes and actors. Put your money where it helps most and stop denigrating the nation that gave you the opportunities. I agree it's his right to protest, just don't like the road he's taken to get his point across.

 

The ironic part is that I bet if they interacted with Kap he would treat them with more respect than the people on the streets that they have to serve and protect do.

I agree, and in turn CK would find that the vast majority of police officers are good men and women that just want to get home safely to their loved ones each night.

These type of things are usually considered "contractual OT" or "moonlighting OT". Meaning it's not paid for by the department or tax payers, but those who are profiting from the event. It's not the tax payers burden to fund OT for a sports team, music group, etc.

 

I'm sure it's voluntary OT, thus it's really the 49ers problem

 

That's the way it always was with EMS details at UK games. It was volunteer with UK picking up the OT tab.

I agree, and in turn CK would find that the vast majority of police officers are good men and women that just want to get home safely to their loved ones each night.

 

How do we know he doesn't already feel that way?

I agree, and in turn CK would find that the vast majority of police officers are good men and women that just want to get home safely to their loved ones each night.

 

Agreed. Hopefully the continuation of the conversation will allow him to see and find out some of the good things that the good police officers of our country do on a daily basis. There are way more good police officers than bad police officers. His message shouldn't castigate all police officers and maybe as time goes on and his message gets some fine tuning it will be more clear and accepted.

Because one is destroying something, the other is simply not standing up.

 

His remaining seated is destroying respect for the flag. Because act of disrespect is supposedly getting his point across.

How do we know he doesn't already feel that way?

 

I'm guessing by the socks, by the blanket statement about police.

Actually, he is doing EXACTLY what Americans have fought for.

You equate his remaining seated to an American soldier picking up a gun to defend our freedom? One takes love of country and guts, the other not so much.

Agreed. Hopefully the continuation of the conversation will allow him to see and find out some of the good things that the good police officers of our country do on a daily basis. There are way more good police officers than bad police officers. His message shouldn't castigate all police officers and maybe as time goes on and his message gets some fine tuning it will be more clear and accepted.

 

You and I are on the same page. He went about the whole think poorly IMO. His comments came off as inflammatory and immediately cut of any dialogue. I think he's learning, at least I hope so. The only way his message will get the attention it needs is to be respectful of those that serve and protect. Then there can be mutual respect and then, one can hope, change can come about.

Why don't we get worked up when people say they won't or do not vote?? Or how about when people ignore the flag code and display the flag where it shouldn't be (like on non military or sports uniforms). Or when we wear US flag shirts. Or use it in advertising? Lots of things are done daily that are considered "disrespectful" to the flag according to code.

I watch people talk to each other, eat, play with their phone etc during The National Anthem at high school, pro and college sporting events. I think those things are just as if not more disrespectful than not standing. But nobody says a word or gets upset.

 

Everything above is disrespectful. It drives me crazy when people do not respect or understand how much was given by so few. And every single American of voting age should be getting their posterior to the polls to vote every election day. At sports events, I have shushed a number of people. Adults included!

Geezel pete.

 

An opinion by definition COULD be wrong. There's no need to say it COULD be wrong so I don't say it.

 

No one is debating her right to an opinion or whether she truly believes it.

 

The argument, which you missed and tried to cover with telling me what she MIGHT be thinking, is that you can't say someone sitting or the Anthem is unpatriotic YET REFUSING TO GO FIGHT FOR YOUR COUNTRY isn't.

 

To say it a)is asinine b)is self-serving and c)a way to get your name back in the news.

 

Those of you saying Ali's stance was somehow cool and that you wouldn't have KILLED him publicly in 1967 for refusing to serve are LYING to yourselves to somehow make your case against CK seem rational.

 

You're either against both or you're not. And if you had to rank unpatriotic acts Ali wins. Hands down.

 

"Secondly, your ability to keep up with what we're debating is often lacking."

 

Good edit. But just because I dont post dont mean I dont follow and sometimes I dont follow very close. Sometimes its painful to follow.

 

I will agree its a message board here and everyone has different opinions and I respect yours, may not always agree but respect them. Thats why I said I could be wrong, which I meant.

I'm guessing by the socks, by the blanket statement about police.

 

 

Gotcha. Certainly a poor effort on his part. My guess is he doesn't believe that anything other than a small % are the problem but when you leave it open to interpretation you leave doubt.

Good edit. But just because I dont post dont mean I dont follow. Sometimes its painful to follow.

 

I will agree its a message board here and everyone has different opinions and I respect yours, may not always agree but respect them. Thats why I said I could be wrong, which I meant.

 

My edit was a good one because it was poor and unnecessary.

 

Let's not waste time stating the obvious and let's try to debate what is being said.

"Secondly, your ability to keep up with what we're debating is often lacking."

 

Good edit. But just because I dont post dont mean I dont follow. Sometimes its painful to follow.

 

I will agree its a message board here and everyone has different opinions and I respect yours, may not always agree but respect them. Thats why I said I could be wrong, which I meant.

 

 

...but you still didn't respond to the points being made.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.